Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks for all the memories FUNCOM.....

Just writing this to discuss my recent dealings with AoC and Funcom. Due to being massively underwhelmed by SWTOR (, no PVE group finder and no global chat means it's impossible to find a group for flashpoints or raids means all there is to do is pvp and recycling the same 3 warzones in a row gets really old) I decided to fire up Age of Conan because I heard it was actually playable with the revamp. They get you already with the limited website that only describes this amazing free game full of content. Well due to content restrictions (of course) I felt like I was forced to purchase a premium membership. Fast forward 7 days. My attempt to login to the account page fails so I attempt a password reset. That login fails. Now fast forward 5 live chat convos with FunCom "support" and over 10 password reset. Not only can FunCom not tell me why my password failed in the first place, but now I've been notified that because I had 5 unsuccessful login attempts in a row I will be locked out of my account for a 24 hour period. Thanks for all the memories funcom. almost 2 days playtime and 15 dollars spent and I'm already locked out of my account for 2 days and facing another 24 hours. God I hope GW2 doesn't fail because there is a severe lack of playable MMOs these days. 

Comments

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by New0rldorder

Just writing this to discuss my recent dealings with AoC and Funcom. Due to being massively underwhelmed by SWTOR (, no PVE group finder and no global chat means it's impossible to find a group for flashpoints or raids means all there is to do is pvp and recycling the same 3 warzones in a row gets really old) I decided to fire up Age of Conan because I heard it was actually playable with the revamp. They get you already with the limited website that only describes this amazing free game full of content. Well due to content restrictions (of course) I felt like I was forced to purchase a premium membership. Fast forward 7 days. My attempt to login to the account page fails so I attempt a password reset. That login fails. Now fast forward 5 live chat convos with FunCom "support" and over 10 password reset. Not only can FunCom not tell me why my password failed in the first place, but now I've been notified that because I had 5 unsuccessful login attempts in a row I will be locked out of my account for a 24 hour period. Thanks for all the memories funcom. almost 2 days playtime and 15 dollars spent and I'm already locked out of my account for 2 days and facing another 24 hours. God I hope GW2 doesn't fail because there is a severe lack of playable MMOs these days. 

Lol you're probably not missing out anyway...the fact that only base classes are playable is BS...these classes are the most cliche classes.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

You wouldn't happen to have a comcast email address, would you?   I had a similar problem trying to login to preorder TSW (don't ask me why...yeah I should now better).  Funny I was getting emails from support, but not from account, even though I added the two "account@" addresses support told me to. None of their emails even made it to the spam filter.  I've always used that comcast email address with them and never had any problems in the past when I was a AoC subber.

Eventually, I just used a different email address and I got their verification emails right away.  Good luck.

• esty17esty17 Member UncommonPosts: 27

Originally posted by Darth_Osor
    You wouldn't happen to have a comcast email address, would you?   I had a similar problem trying to login to preorder TSW (don't ask me why...yeah I should now better).  Funny I was getting emails from support, but not from account, even though I added the two "account@" addresses support told me to. None of their emails even made it to the spam filter.  I've always used that comcast email address with them and never had any problems in the past when I was a AoC subber.
    Eventually, I just used a different email address and I got their verification emails right away.  Good luck

I had the same issue. Tried my work email, ymail, and finally (thankfully) my gmail worked.