Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why can't i use after burners?

lunamarialunamaria Member Posts: 17

i have the after burner skills and all the cpu and powergrid requirements. anyone know what's wrong?

Comments

• nonjonronnonjonron Member Posts: 139

Have you installed the afterburners in the correct slot and brought them on-line?  Also, do you click on the after burner Icon once you are in space?

Note also, afterburners do not work in warp.  They only work in non-warp areas.

Finally, I note that afterburners do not stack as far as I can tell.  I have a micro warp drive and corp channel discussions reveal that only one afterburner type module can be used at a time.  Someone please correct me if I am incorrect on that issue.  Thx.

• lunamarialunamaria Member Posts: 17

oh. that's it. thanks alot.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Personally I'm beginning to think it's not worth bothering with Afterburners, at least at first. For the powergrid consumption I'd rather have shield boosters and armor repair stuff. I'm going to hold off on afterburners (other than my civvie one) until I have the skills to slap power boosting hardware on my chassis. I'd rather have upgraded weapons and shields than be able to fly a little faster for 15 km after exiting warp.

Note: This is from a new pilot's perspective. For vets who have tons of skills and powergrid upgrades already it's a different story :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• lunamarialunamaria Member Posts: 17

but that 15m takes so long without afterburners though. i could almost make a full warp to another place in that time. anyways, in battle they can be used to maintain proper distance at least.

True :)
    I didn't find them all that important on my Frigate. Once I upgraded to a cruiser I slapped an AB on ASAP.

Sig image Pending

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Elnator
    Personally I'm beginning to think it's not worth bothering with Afterburners, at least at first. For the powergrid consumption I'd rather have shield boosters and armor repair stuff. I'm going to hold off on afterburners (other than my civvie one) until I have the skills to slap power boosting hardware on my chassis. I'd rather have upgraded weapons and shields than be able to fly a little faster for 15 km after exiting warp.Note: This is from a new pilot's perspective. For vets who have tons of skills and powergrid upgrades already it's a different story :)

AB's don't make you a walking active target like MWD's do, so they have alot of purpose and they can more then double your speed output. In my ferox I can run them for about 5 minuteish without draining myself. The bigger the ship you get into the more useful they will be. On frigates you don't really have the capacitor and room to fit them unless you chalk up a weapon or 2.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by Fadeus
    Originally posted by Elnator
    Personally I'm beginning to think it's not worth bothering with Afterburners, at least at first. For the powergrid consumption I'd rather have shield boosters and armor repair stuff. I'm going to hold off on afterburners (other than my civvie one) until I have the skills to slap power boosting hardware on my chassis. I'd rather have upgraded weapons and shields than be able to fly a little faster for 15 km after exiting warp.Note: This is from a new pilot's perspective. For vets who have tons of skills and powergrid upgrades already it's a different story :)

AB's don't make you a walking active target like MWD's do, so they have alot of purpose and they can more then double your speed output. In my ferox I can run them for about 5 minuteish without draining myself. The bigger the ship you get into the more useful they will be. On frigates you don't really have the capacitor and room to fit them unless you chalk up a weapon or 2.

Yup... first thing I did for my cruiser was slap an AB1 into it... Now I'm cruising along faster than my Frigate was without one LOL. My frigate DEFINITELY didn't have the room for an AB.

Sig image Pending

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

MWD's are great for PVP :D

what you do is this:  http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/ocff/bumpageddon.wmv 

:D hahahha!

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

[quote]Originally posted by scaramoosh
    [b]MWD's are great for PVP :D

what you do is this: [url=http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/ocff/bumpageddon.wmv]

:D hahahha![/b][/quote]

Really? I would actually think it would be the other way around because with MWD's everything I am seeing says the moment you turn them on your guarenteed to be target locked because of the signature increase from them. But I have never PvP'ed and I may never in the future unless I suddenly get very inspired to all the sudden so I am not speaking from experience.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Originally posted by Fadeus

[quote]Originally posted by scaramoosh
    [b]MWD's are great for PVP :D

what you do is this: [url=http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/ocff/bumpageddon.wmv]

:D hahahha![/b][/quote]
    Really? I would actually think it would be the other way around because with MWD's everything I am seeing says the moment you turn them on your guarenteed to be target locked because of the signature increase from them. But I have never PvP'ed and I may never in the future unless I suddenly get very inspired to all the sudden so I am not speaking from experience.

It was a joke video about a guy who uses MWD to bump into people he finds and sends them flying!

I only used MWD for traveling personally

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

Duh, I am thick sometimes I swear...

Gotya scaramoosh.

- Scaris