Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi all came back to the game and need your help! ;)

jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

Hi everyone, thank you in advance

So here's the problem I ran into.  I played this game at launch, pre-ordered the collector's yada yada.  I was able to grind my way up to level 40 before throwing in the towel.  I just recently came back to the game and honestly I am enjoying it.  My only problem is this.  Is it me or does it seem like the combat is just super slow??  I wanted to get back into playing a SM.  I love the class.  But after about an hour yesterday I just got bored with the repetitive combat.  Maybe its because I'm used to playing games now that you can cast on the run but in Aion its the old plant your feet till the spell fires.  So heres another question.  I have never played any other classes in Aion.  Is there a class that you can kinda move or run and gun without having to stand still?  I know with SM you can use a book and kinda move around but I was hoping for something that I can pop off skills while being mobile.  Also, remind me if SM can get skills that are instant cast and able to move around.  I know this may sound funny but after playing other games like Star Wars and Tera, I really want a class thats mobile expecially for the pvp. 

Any help on this would be great.  Thanks again ;) ;)

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

Comments

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

One more question sorry ;)  I was wondering how the skins work from the NC Store.  Do you just get to skin 1 item then after that its consumed?  If so that basically means you have to wait till you have the best weapon you can get your hands on before skinning.  Or is it like a costume piece that you can put it in your costume slot and every time you get a new weapon it keeps the skin.  Any help would be great :)

Thanks!

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

well the sm is actually one of the best pvp classes. and inded all casters have few instant skills but most of their skills are cast ones.. u can reduce the casts by usin weapons with casting reduction..if im not mistaken orbs and books have a max 20% casting reduction. plus there are scrolls for that.

if u are still lookin for a class with instant skills then i would recoomend u to go for melees like gladiator or assasin. sins can be hard to play but the dps is insane if u can play that class.

Originally posted by jugularvein

One more question sorry ;)  I was wondering how the skins work from the NC Store.  Do you just get to skin 1 item then after that its consumed?  If so that basically means you have to wait till you have the best weapon you can get your hands on before skinning.  Or is it like a costume piece that you can put it in your costume slot and every time you get a new weapon it keeps the skin.  Any help would be great :)

Thanks!

when u used a skin on a weapon then the skin is gone..but u can use this weapon with the skin to remodel your next weapon..but ofc the old weapon will be destroyed

Great thank you for the reply.

Its funny after you mentioned the skins I totally remembered on my old guy I loved the look of a robe I got at like lvl 10 and I kept reskinning it (in town I think through a vendor).  Ya its prob been a good year since I played so I kinda forgot alot in the process.  Compared to the other classes which do you think is the most played vs least played??

Thanks again

well most played class is the sorcerer and least played are chanters and sm's, sometimes u will feel like there are not enough clerics but thats bc they can do alot of things (also inis) solo or in grp with 1-2 ppl.

talkin about the mentioned classes i would say there aremore gladis than sins but actually there is not a big difference.

Cool so if I get back into it fully SM's are not in abundance.  Are they still good to have in groups or are SM's pretty much picked over for other classes?

sm's in pvp groups (especially for dredgion and chantra dredgion) are very usefull and u wont have problems to get a group..pve groups can be different..depends on the ini and the group if they are lookin for high dps etc...but actually u wont have much problems finding groups.

Thank you again, you convinced me to stick with the SM due to eventually getting more instant casts and grouping oppertunities.  Thanks again for your help ;) ;0

• samad1samad1 Member Posts: 24

ah noooo don't go for sm. i hate u guys with your damn op fear skills xD

but since im playing a sorcerer i shouldn't moan about op classes lol