Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am surprised how outdated the game looks ?!

124»

Comments

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

I sense a lot of prejudice from ragequitter/WoWfans with their habit to use every chance smearing over Aion even calling it ignorantly "disgusting", when its graphics easily toped almost every MMORPG in the past 3 years irrelevant of taste and is one of the few games available with consistent high quality of art and design and TERA fanbois just trying to undermine Aion visual qualities flooding in here comparing it (if at all) to the top of the crop exploiting the latest/two years later available technology in the genre .

The topic pretty much lost its purpose when Aions actual graphical/design qualities arent even remotely relevant anymore to the evalutation process and "formed opinions" and almost everyone is just trying to push their personal vendetta/agenda.

We get the exact same thing over at the GW2 forums.

The community in all of Blizzards games, are full of the most hatefull people ever.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Aion was one of the rare MMOs i didnt play in beta nor bought on launch (i guess my disillusion with MMOs started back than)

So I was happy to try it now that is F2P

Now as far as I remember the game was hyped for its beautyful graphic , but i log in - crank everything to maximum and the game looks AWFUL.

Either there is some huge problem with my PC and this specific game , or i dont know what.

But I just could not play it , it really hurts my eyes

The environmental textures kill the graphics.  Zones like the Abyss don't look a whole lot better than what we get out of modern-day EQ1.

• sirfrog0sirfrog0 Member UncommonPosts: 22

I love beautiful graphics, I've played most of the latest mmo's released in the past couple years and I still believe Aion can hold it's own.  I really enjoy the painted textures and the detail on the characters.

imageimageimageimage

Note: I am using a 32bit system and an Nvidia 9800GTX+

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Personally think the game still looks great :)

• ODWX9000ODWX9000 Member Posts: 17

I find it funny that just about everyone thinks Aion is terrible looking is looking towards the three easily worst-looking major MMORPGs that have or are coming out.

SWTOR? All it is is a $300 sinkhole, nothing decent about it whatsoever.

Tera: no different than Aion in graphics

GW2: also crappy graphics.

Rift: not only are the graphics ugly, but it has some of the worst character/monster designs of any video game.

Eve Online, Age of Conan, Final Fantasy XIV, Blade n Soul, and Queen's Blade are about the only MMORPGs that either have or are coming out with actual comparable graphics to Aion.

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

Originally posted by ODWX9000

I find it funny that just about everyone thinks Aion is terrible looking is looking towards the three easily worst-looking major MMORPGs that have or are coming out.

Rift: not only are the graphics ugly, but it has some of the worst character/monster designs of any video game.

Eve Online, Age of Conan, Final Fantasy XIV, Blade n Soul, and Queen's Blade are about the only MMORPGs that either have or are coming out with actual comparable graphics to Aion.

You need to get a better computer or better glasses.   I run both games on MAX and TERA looks way better.   There are certain parts of AION that can look almost as good (some of the new areas in certain lighting conditions) but in general TERA has AION beat.   

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326
  • ODWX9000ODWX9000 Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by EvilestTwin

Originally posted by ODWX9000

You need to get a better computer or better glasses.   I run both games on MAX and TERA looks way better.   There are certain parts of AION that can look almost as good (some of the new areas in certain lighting conditions) but in general TERA has AION beat.   

That's your best rebuttal?

EVGA Geforce GTX580 3GB, MSI Pro-E X58 (which is only a replacement for the time being), Intel i7-950 3.06GHz, 3x4GB DDR3-SDRAM 1600GHz, Samsung 2x1TB 7200RPM.

The fact is, Tera looks like crap on its max settings.

• Raphiel75Raphiel75 Member Posts: 16

yeah seem just like most ppl are just using this thread to release their hate or anger with other mmo's graphics to justify their game is superior. Honestly, aion looks just fine to me and looks vry good. Everyone in the forum can argue either this game or other games have bad graphics till were all blue in the face.

But if you ask the question, what is good graphics to you? EVERYONE will say somethin different. I know ppl who say that the reallism or fantasy art style makes the graphics, others say its the lighting and shades, others say its the enviroment or character/equipment design and some say its the size of the zones and how well the background is portrayed is what good graphics is. So coming here saying this game sucks cuz of foliage or backgrounds or textures, your not in the wrong here. your in the wrong when you say it completely sucks and not stating or proving that it sucks or not even playing/experiencing the game to its fullest, and even then ppl will defend it.

TO EACH, THEIR OWN! get over it, ppl like the game cuz it appeals to them. comparing game graphics is comparing american animation to japanese animation. each is different and appeals to certain audience. but coming here and say tera game/graphics sucks or aion sucks or -insert other game- graphics sucks, its not right and you know it you just dont care cuz you cant get in trouble. thats just cowardly and sad.

But for those who dont like the game for legitiment reasons, i dont blame ya. its your opinion. once you play a game for awhile, it grows on you, thats what makes the game more then a game, it makes it into an experience and thats how a game succeeds.

PS. I LOVE FFXI GRAPHICS! THERE I SAID IT! and i have the right to say it cuz its the only game out there that i actually had fun and made lifelong friends with lifelong memories and experiences! and im proud of it and wouldnt change a thing about it! :D

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

checked out AION today to see my new pets I got here, looks great. Very crowded, lot of new people, very intrigued!

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329

It looks pretty decent to me.

imageimageimage

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Wow I am genuinely impressed by Tera's graphics.  But anyway, you're expecting too much of an MMO, imo it's one of the genres which has evolved the least, in some cases, even devolved.  You can't really expect Aion to have graphics at Crysis 2's level, it just ain't gonna happen, even though we want it to.  Well, actually a lot of MMO gamers are content with playing WoW, which is so outdated right now.

Compared to most 'free' MMOs, Aion seems to still have the best graphics, only losing to DC Universe Online. 

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I havent had any issuea with Aions graphics, on the contrary I think they look pretty :)

Just because the game went F2P a few days ago, doesnt mean it got a graphics revamp, Aion is not a new game so I dunno what people were expecting.

Originally posted by Dragonantis

I havent had any issuea with Aions graphics, on the contrary I think they look pretty :)

Just because the game went F2P a few days ago, doesnt mean it got a graphics revamp, Aion is not a new game so I dunno what people were expecting.

They have too high expectations for a genre which is outdated in itself.  There are plenty of things that have to be revamped in this MMO industry before the graphics.  Games like GW2 shouldn't be called amazing, since I've been expecting that since a long time ago.  People's standards have dropped to the point where they think anything which isn't a WoW clone is worthy of being the king of MMOs.

If you look at games like Runes of Magic, you will see how many people are willing to pay for a game that copies everything from a game 5 years ago, and have better graphics.  No other improvement.  Even the 'lore' is very similar.

• MrP3inMrP3in Member UncommonPosts: 49

imo Aion is the best f2p game atm regarding graphics. Cheers!

Originally posted by holyman1981

imo Aion is the best f2p game atm regarding graphics. Cheers!

DCUO is pretty good as well and the combat is way more interesting (not spamming hotkeys like all wow clones).  But it gets boring after a week when you reach level cap.

Well DCO its more scifi : :) Aion is more fantasy :) but both are good f2p games ofc.

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

I am playing aion on the new Kahrun server.

I played before with a trial account.

The game has grown in population on the new server is what i feel. Levelling is easy now.

I sometimes do have huge lag spikes. Mostly when i am playing for more than 2 hours or so with multiple characters from the same account. I wonder if there is a memory leak lingering somewhere. Mostly at other times the game runs quite well at less populated regions.

The auction house should have an option of selling stuff to people who are willing to buy items at certain price. I mean the auction house is not like CoH. An auction house only for selling and no option to bid / buy for an item that is not present is an example of the games outdated features. 

The game is old compared to the new games but they could have put in the latest features of the other mmos or atleast tried to  put in some in version 3.0.

Instead they just added new stuff to an outdated features list.

That is a sad part to the truly free model.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

Originally posted by Sourajit

I am playing aion on the new Kahrun server.

I played before with a trial account.

The game has grown in population on the new server is what i feel. Levelling is easy now.

I sometimes do have huge lag spikes. Mostly when i am playing for more than 2 hours or so with multiple characters from the same account. I wonder if there is a memory leak lingering somewhere. Mostly at other times the game runs quite well at less populated regions.

The auction house should have an option of selling stuff to people who are willing to buy items at certain price. I mean the auction house is not like CoH. An auction house only for selling and no option to bid / buy for an item that is not present is an example of the games outdated features. 

The game is old compared to the new games but they could have put in the latest features of the other mmos or atleast tried to  put in some in version 3.0.

Instead they just added new stuff to an outdated features list.

That is a sad part to the truly free model.

What new features are you talking about?  Action MMO combat?  Dynamic events?  Quests which people actually give a crap about?  All of that stuff is still only p2p.

..p2p? u can buy a goldpack 30 days from brooker for 5 mil kinah.. Almost all players have it... i mean 5 mil kinah its nothing..u can make it in like a day  :).. so u decide now if the game feels p2p..

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by holyman1981

..p2p? u can buy a goldpack 30 days from brooker for 5 mil kinah.. Almost all players have it... i mean 5 mil kinah its nothing..u can make it in like a day  :).. so u decide now if the game feels p2p..

I am talking about North American servers.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .