Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Square Enix customer support?

MrMonroseMrMonrose Member UncommonPosts: 4

With Gamestop offering Final Fantasy XI for $9.99 digital download I finally broke and purchased the game. All seems to have gone correctly but for some reason I can not log into the game from the Player. All information is correct, passwords, id's, have payment set up.  Yet when I try I get an error saying id and password don't match. I am positive I am not mixing up id's and passwords but no luck..

Four days ago I emailed Square Enix tech support and still no answer.  Is this common for them? After having played so many other MMoRPG's with excellant customer support I find this frustrating. Should I just give up?

Thanks,

Mr. Monrose

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I was a big Square Enix FFXI fan but their customer support is awful unless you actually make an expsenive phone call.

They designed an atoricious system that ONLY favors their security but does nothing to make logging in comfortable for players.

Your absolute best option is to make an expensive phone call,you will get english speaking support.The actual agents are spotty some act like mindless numb nuts that just ask cue cards questions before offering any help at all.There is the odd guy who will talk to you with common sense like a normal human being,you will make good headway with those agents.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

SE support is a black abyss...  Goodluck!

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• MrMonroseMrMonrose Member UncommonPosts: 4

Well thanks for the input, I am only out $9.99 and a few hours of frustration.  It would have been fun to try, but they aren't too concerned.  I did speak with a couple friends and they said basically the same.

It is sad when a company plans its own death spiral.  Oh well there are other games.

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

I remember them having online chat support. Could give that a shot if it still exists. I will, however, echo what the other posters have said. SE customer support is an emberrassment. It's been horrible since 2004 and hasn't changed at all.