Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question from a noob to the vets

2»

Comments

• AtanosAtanos Member Posts: 20

Another newbie question here: are there options for left-handers to change the point of view? or if there aren't, are they going to make some?

thankyou

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Does looik good...I promised myself I'd never by a game by SOE though...I may break it on this one...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Originally posted by afhn2110

Does looik good...I promised myself I'd never by a game by SOE though...I may break it on this one...

it will be free so wont have to buy it :)

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203

I made the same rule. I quess thats why we should never say never.            Originally posted by afhn2110

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

OP you missed a lot if you didn't get to play Planetside in it's hayday. You'll see just how much of potential there is with multi-faction persistent combat soon, if SOE doesn't dissapoint.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Originally posted by Atanos

Another newbie question here: are there options for left-handers to change the point of view? or if there aren't, are they going to make some?

thankyou

First PS no

PS2 very unlikely, i havent seen it announced

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Triadninja

So, I've never played PS1, though I did look into it a couple of times over the years, I just never got into it. I am very excited to be able to play this game, for what i'm hoping it is, a giant persistant warzone with real time territory control, real command structure, where skill takes dominance over gear.

So my question: In the original Planetside, are the planets open and persistant in that you could fly around/run around the entire planet with no "changing zones" type deal, only a zone change for each planet? Or was it just friggin huge maps?

In the original you had a home base planet, you go through warpgates to get to planets that you fight for control of. A set number of people for all 3 sides made for epic, no lag battles, that would last for hours and hours sometimes on just one planet. Once you go through a warpgate to a planet or you use the instant to battle choice it's seamless throughout the whole planet, no instancing or waiting on loading screens once you're there. You are free to run, fly, or use ground vehicles to bases throughout the whole planets, working toward your objectives. Leaders were able to give you waypoints to go to, made moving dozens of people through the maps very easy and very coordinated.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot