Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dropping SWTOR for EQ2

GeekieDaveGeekieDave Member Posts: 41

So I've been looking around for a MMO that's worth the $15 a month to play and that has awesome replay value such as EQ2. My mind has been racing back and forth and I'm trying to make up my mind. So what are your guy's thoughts on EQ2? Is it worth dropping $15 a month for? Or should I stick with SWTOR?

Be sure to subscribe to Worlds Edge Gaming:
www.youtube.com/worldsedgegaming

Comments

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Well, EQ2 is currently Free to Play, well, limited Free to Play, so you could always just try it out and if you get into it, make some friends, then maybe pay to play.

EQ2 is a solid game.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480

Originally posted by GeekieDave

So I've been looking around for a MMO that's worth the $15 a month to play and that has awesome replay value such as EQ2. My mind has been racing back and forth and I'm trying to make up my mind. So what are your guy's thoughts on EQ2? Is it worth dropping $15 a month for? Or should I stick with SWTOR?

Right now I am subbed to both. I love the Star Wars universe, so I am enjoying playing SWTOR for the storylines.

I play EQ2 because I can create my own content. I am working on a storyline where my main rescued one of my alts as a child. I will have all the details fleshed out using player written books, player bios and the dungeon maker.  

• GeekieDaveGeekieDave Member Posts: 41

Eagle, Would it be worth paying the full $15 a month for it? I've been considering condensing down my SWTOR video guides that I'm working on into a basic summary video that is going to be about 10 minutes in length for each class. But back to the point.. Is it fully worth the $15 a month?

Be sure to subscribe to Worlds Edge Gaming:
    www.youtube.com/worldsedgegaming

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480

Eagle, Would it be worth paying the full $15 a month for it? I've been considering condensing down my SWTOR video guides that I'm working on into a basic summary video that is going to be about 10 minutes in length for each class. But back to the point.. Is it fully worth the $15 a month?

In my opinion, absolutely yes.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

It's worth $20 a month for me to have the All-Access Pass: Gold access to all SOE's games plus some extra benefits.

The nice thing is that you can take it in stages to see if you like it. First Free to check out the basic mechanics. If you don't decide to jump straight in at that point, you can pay for Silver to ease up on some of the restrictions. EQ1 is F2P now too, but that seems more restrictive than EQ2's version.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

For me the only thing EQ2 fails at is SOE's innability to properly promote and advertise it.For me it was the best MMO I've ever played.(6.5 years) I took a break and have  been without an MMO for a year now.There is certainly loads of content in EQ2 for you and its well worth it.