Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prediction: At the end of 2012 EA will buy ZeniMax/Bethesda

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

No, I have no knowledge whatsoever. Just a tinfoil hat and a crystal ball. I predict by the end of the year EA will have bought Bethesda.

Remember when it happens you heard it from me first. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

I predict that by the end of the year average user activity on MMORPG.com is still pathetic.

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

If they will I will send 800 cupcakes to EA. Those bastards, no one messes up TES.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I don't believe this will happen but if it does it will be another game series I won't look back on again.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

I can see it

Knights of the old Morrowind online

you can swim  and watch how day turns into  night while swimming ,watch beautiful sunsets while swimming and nothing else.

Let's internet

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

Well, they surely will assimilate something because thats what the Borg does... err, I mean EA does. image

No other bids..? Maybe they'd go for Trion, or thats too soon?

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Elikal

No, I have no knowledge whatsoever. Just a tinfoil hat and a crystal ball. I predict by the end of the year EA will have bought Bethesda.

Y u lie 2 me Elikal?!

Through this other topic you posted one can find a link to revalations by a supposedly ex EA employee stating that:

"I was talking to my boss a few weeks ago and she literally said "EA's going to buyout another firm soon and a lot of people won't be happy about it."

I would accept that your personal guess about the company in question would be Bethsoft, though but it's clear where your inspiration for this topic comes from ;-)

Anyway, if true i think I'm going to cry.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Given their financial outlook, I would bet they won't be making any large acquisitions for the rest of the year at least.  They need to recover - not because EA is going bankrupt or anything, far from it.  But I think they're going to be much more conservative for the rest of the year.

Just my thoughts though, I could be totally off :)

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Zenimax probably have more money than ea

Then there's the bad blood between people at various companies under the zenimax wing vs ea
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

EA/Activision merger....

EActivision will then buy all the Developers!

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Thinking who ea could buy.

Not valve
    Not activision blizzard and companies they produce
    Not zenimax and companies they produce like bethseda and id
    As all the above have more money than ea

So your looking at maybe some thq company like relic? Seems most likely to me.

Or big bigger if, one of the brits like rockstar or rocksteady?

Or something really out there like mojang or cdprojekt (to take on steam)
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

EA's stock is currently tanking badly and they are about to lay off almost 1000 people!

I don't think they are in a financial situation to even try taking over ZeniMax/Bethesda.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Good god I hope not 0.o

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

...and some Chinese mega-conglomerate will buy EA  in < 10 years.  I'm not a financial analyst by any stretch of the imagination, but I've witnessed this trend of massive expansion and subsequent collapse too many times.

Western corporate leadership (aka: Snake Oil Salesmen with MBAs) has shown its ineptitude countless times before.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I seriously doubt it. Bethesda has no love for EA at all. EA screwed them over royally when they were first starting out. Bethesda had a really good physics based sports engine they were using for some football games when they were approached by EA. EA told them if they developed a similar engine for them they would help Bethesda publish some games. Agreements were signed and Bethesda got to work. Bethesda delivered a very good physics based engine that EA used for the first Madden game and has been used for every Madden football game since. When it came time for EA to hold up their end of the bargin they backed out and left Bethesda out in the cold. Bethesda almost went belly up because of this deal and EA went on to make billions off of the Madden franchise built on Bethesda's foundation. Bethesda has good reason not to trust anything EA tries to tell them.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

...then kindly take your tinfoil hat and use it to cover your crystal ball... image

Seriously though, I hope that doesn't happen.  I still like BW games, EA or not, but when it comes to improving on their games, their pace has slowed and at times taken steps backward.

Bethesda, on the other hand, is evolving VERY quickly.  Skyrim just blows Oblivion out of the water.  And even F-NV makes F3 look "basic".  Yes, they are bugged to... well, Oblivion.  Given the choices you can make in these games, it's surprising that they aren't worse.  But just the fact that players will put up with some of these pretty massive bugs tells a tale:  they're going in the right direction.  Tack on their FULL support for player designed content(you can even d/l it from steam, now)...

...well, how does that compare to buying DLC that's already on the game disc when it ships?

If EA bought Bethesda, you can be certain that player made content is GONE.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by Elikal

Y u lie 2 me Elikal?!

Through this other topic you posted one can find a link to revalations by a supposedly ex EA employee stating that:

"I was talking to my boss a few weeks ago and she literally said "EA's going to buyout another firm soon and a lot of people won't be happy about it."

I would accept that your personal guess about the company in question would be Bethsoft, though but it's clear where your inspiration for this topic comes from ;-)

Anyway, if true i think I'm going to cry.

I felt it would... compromise the live of this thread referring to this info.

But, yes I would cry too.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

I predict that by the end of 2012, Activision-Blizzard and EA will merge into a super coporation, bent on tyranny and opression of the video game market.

In response, Gaben will seek the aid of Zenimax, leading a rebellion against the evil empire, ultimately resulting in ActiBlizzEA's BattleOrigin.net being destroyed after Gaben launches a proton torpedo into an unprotected exhaust port of the online distribution battle station.

I have prediction, valve and Google start working together more closely.

Steam on Android which helps Google in its weak area vs ios - games

Google to work on OS for this steambox thing.
  • ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

If i were a EA headchief of the master .

I would buy the company who can bring ArcheAge to EU.

actually i would love EA after that for a loooooong time.

Let's internet

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by Ceridith

I predict that by the end of 2012, Activision-Blizzard and EA will merge into a super coporation, bent on tyranny and opression of the video game market.

In response, Gaben will seek the aid of Zenimax, leading a rebellion against the evil empire, ultimately resulting in ActiBlizzEA's BattleOrigin.net from being destroyed after Gaben launches a proton torpedo into an unprotected exhaust port.

Either that, or, the United States of America will lose a collective total of 14 billion pounds, as EA's stock takes a nosedive, all due to us gaming nerds getting fed up and going outside for once.

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

If this happens, I will firmly believe in 2012.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by Robsolf

In response, Gaben will seek the aid of Zenimax, leading a rebellion against the evil empire, ultimately resulting in ActiBlizzEA's BattleOrigin.net from being destroyed after Gaben launches a proton torpedo into an unprotected exhaust port.

Either that, or, the United States of America will lose a collective total of 14 billion pounds, as EA's stock takes a nosedive, all due to us gaming nerds getting fed up and going outside for once.

Come on, let's be realistic here...

• jamielikesyojamielikesyo Member Posts: 36

I think its more likely EA attempts a hostile takeover of Ubisoft tbh. They flirted with this in the past, taking a significant hostile stake of around 20% at one point before selling a portion of it. 

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

YOU  BITE YOUR TONGUE, YOUNG MAN!

This would be an attrocity of epic proportions in the gamer universe! 

It would spawn a black hole so massive that it would swallow entire galaxies, forever shutting out the light!

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Originally posted by Robsolf

Laziness doesn't make us fat and unhealthy, the FDA makes us fat and unhealthy. The couldn't make money off of diet drugs, approving foods as "organic", and selling us treatments for our illnesses instead of cures if they didn't.