Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can bitch and moan, but AoC Boss fights are epic among other MMOs

2»

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I have read the forums and people have been tracking the amount of online people at certain times of day, and it seems like every US server is pretty much dead, which is why I didn't want to start again because this game was really fun to me. I heard the EU server was pretty good though, don't know how well it would work for me in terms of lag though 

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Originally posted by Panther2103

I have read the forums and people have been tracking the amount of online people at certain times of day, and it seems like every US server is pretty much dead, which is why I didn't want to start again because this game was really fun to me. I heard the EU server was pretty good though, don't know how well it would work for me in terms of lag though 

I play on the US server Wicanna and it's fine. I imagine at lower levels it can be hard to find something to group for. Most of the activity is at 80. Raids and 6mans are happening all the time at night. I work during the day so I can't tell you what it is like at that time. I hear from some friends Set is almost identical.

I'm in a good guild, we raid all the time and working our way onto T3 stuff. There are some guilds that have done T3 and are now working on T4.

If you're curious hop on a T1 raid. I think some of them are open to free players. And see what the community is life, join a guild. I honestly don't really have a problem finding a group for level 80 stuff.

EDIT: I just want to add that this game has a lot of ALTS. A lot of people will easily swap out to a class that is needed to fill the group. I've encountered this with a lot of guilds and players.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• tarestares Member Posts: 381

Originally posted by Sevenwind

I'm in a good guild, we raid all the time and working our way onto T3 stuff. There are some guilds that have done T3 and are now working on T4.

If you're curious hop on a T1 raid. I think some of them are open to free players. And see what the community is life, join a guild. I honestly don't really have a problem finding a group for level 80 stuff.

EDIT: I just want to add that this game has a lot of ALTS. A lot of people will easily swap out to a class that is needed to fill the group. I've encountered this with a lot of guilds and players.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=240925 (thread about how the small population of wicca is preventing players from doing even old raids.  Tier 3 is three years old so there isn't enough content to be raiding all the time, T1 and T2 are four years old so should be PuG only for alts now.  There are no guilds on Wicca past T3 because the server is dead and in dire need of a merger. 

Is there another MMO where players raid 4 year old content? SWTOR just released four months ago and Tier 3 raids just got released.  I rolled on FFA PvP server and found out they are selling epic PvP gear and the server was empty anyway, so rolled on Set and found it to be empty and not much raiding going on aside from T1 and T2 http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=231155.  It isn't like the bosses are super hard compared to other games, just a dire lack of players/raiders and the bosses are not tuned/balanced/scripted well.  Bosses always get added to AoC broken and then after a year or so they get changes needed.  Average PvE MMO has two phases of testing, 1) mechanics: does mob do what it is supposed to and follow script, 2) tuning is the mob doable by players at correct level of progresion( so no 3,000 quad hitting mobs when tanks only have 4,000 HPs).  AoC does not have either of those steps,

EDIT: If you are going to play this just pick a EU server.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I enjoyed watching them OP...thanks for posting.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Originally posted by tares

Originally posted by Sevenwind

SNIP

SNIP

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=240925 (thread about how the small population of wicca is preventing players from doing even old raids.  Tier 3 is three years old so there isn't enough content to be raiding all the time, T1 and T2 are four years old so should be PuG only for alts now.  There are no guilds on Wicca past T3 because the server is dead and in dire need of a merger. 

Is there another MMO where players raid 4 year old content? SWTOR just released four months ago and Tier 3 raids just got released.  I rolled on FFA PvP server and found out they are selling epic PvP gear and the server was empty anyway, so rolled on Set and found it to be empty and not much raiding going on aside from T1 and T2 http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=231155.  It isn't like the bosses are super hard compared to other games, just a dire lack of players/raiders and the bosses are not tuned/balanced/scripted well.  Bosses always get added to AoC broken and then after a year or so they get changes needed.  Average PvE MMO has two phases of testing, 1) mechanics: does mob do what it is supposed to and follow script, 2) tuning is the mob doable by players at correct level of progresion( so no 3,000 quad hitting mobs when tanks only have 4,000 HPs).  AoC does not have either of those steps,

EDIT: If you are going to play this just pick a EU server.

I don't know what to tell you. I've been a subscriber since 2008. Saturday all three wings and T1 sweeps were going on and raid leaders (from various guilds) asking in global and LFG for people. They got them filled, I know because people from the guild I'm in were all spread out in those raids.

We started a wing2 raid at 11PM CST Saturday night and late as it was it filled up and ended about 1AM. And W2 is one of the harder instances for PUG raids.

And there are a few guilds past T3 on Wic, they just haven't made it all the way to the end in T4. Some guilds are now working on T3.5.

I can't argue on the mechanics of raiding. That's a matter of opinion. In everquest it was a chore to raid. I didn't enjoy it. In comparison to AoC it is a lot more enjoyable. I wished more loot dropped but it's still fun to me yes even after all these years.

You can raid all the time in this game. I explained that, a lot of players have alts. If you're locked out of W1 till next Tuesday, log on an alt and join W1. A lot of guilds do that for W1 shard farming.

People still do T1 T2 raids all the time even if they don't need gear because the AA exp is awesome. And there is always some alt or new player in need of gear working their way up.

You can believe a forum post or you can hop in game and see for yourself.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Originally posted by bigsmiff

I enjoyed watching them OP...thanks for posting.

Thought these vids were nice too.

The Ultimate Breakdown