Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post 1.2 Impressions

stormseekazstormseekaz Member UncommonPosts: 168

Well I've been unsubbed from SW:TOR for about 2 months now.  And they just gave me a free 7 days to try out the game post patch 1.2.

I used to play the game on a q6600 CPU with two GTX460's, 4GB, and Vista 32bit.  I was unhappy with the games performance and my inability to function in Ilum mass PVP.

So I ended up building a new comp a few weeks ago for TERA, and I now have a i7-2700k, two GTX460's, 16GB, and windows 7 professional 64-bit.

I just played a match of Huttball with the graphics on max.  My FPS was 40-50....

THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE.  This game engine is pure trash and even with a friggin brand new rig that should dominate the game, it is still trash.  Luckily I installed the game assuming it would still be trash so I'm not dissapointed or upset.  But I am shocked at how bad the game is running on my new rig.  My rig decimates TERA, Tribes Ascend, Firefall, and all the other latest games.  I hold firm at my 75 FPS cap all the time in those other games.   SWTOR's engine is doomed.

Now secondly, I participated in a Alderaan warzone for about half the match.  I joined it halfway through.  I ended up getting no warzone rewards, no valor etc.  I then asked what this was about.  People told me you needed like 3-4 medals in order to get a reward from warzones now.  This is to combat AFK'ers farming warzones.

Guess what happened in the Huttball I played? 6 of the 8 republic players on my team got 0-2 medals.  We got beat pretty badly by the empire team.  So 75% of my team got squat for participating.  And that is with everyone trying the entire match.  Bioware obviously didn't do enough testing to see if this system would function properly.

I'm sorry BIOWARE but you fail so incredibly hard.  I thought this game was trash when I unsubbed.  But this 1.2 patch trial you gave me just confirmed how doomed to fail SW:TOR is.  The HERO engine is trash, Bioware's MMORPG development skills are trash.  That is all.

Back to Path of Exile beta and Tribes: Ascend for me.

Comments

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

hell yeah. it's terrible trash. i'm happy that i found a poor soul that gave me 180 bucks for my account :D

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

Originally posted by stormseekaz

...and Tribes: Ascend for me.

[VGW] Woohoo!

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261
    I really don't see your fps as being that bad as there isn't a huge difference between 50 and 75. Also if you cannot get 4 medals in a war zone you don't deserve any valor, even if you join half way through, it is EASY to get. Plus it's a great system to combat afkers. Now let me get this straight. You say they failed incredibly hard on patch 1.2 because your fps is only 50 and your too much of a baddie to get 4 medals in a war zone? AND both of these things were in before 1.2.... So you have actually not said anything about the patch at all.... Sigh.
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Hmmmmm.....I win medals every match and my framerate is like 20 to 30 fps....

Did they specifically state that in this patch would be coding improvements specifically for increased framerate?

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I just played a match of Huttball with the graphics on max.  My FPS was 40-50....

So only 10 FPS under what James Cameron is producing Avatar 2 in (60 FPS).

In Tera and GW2 the other players would say.." Skill based....". Lucky for you there is none of that in other MMO's PvP.

Oh yeah, untill VERY recently the standard for films out of Hollywood was 24 FPS......

• SoopamanSoopaman Member Posts: 65

SWTOR released combat logs for parsing. So my impression of 1.2, its a total failure

The Gaming Community Can Kiss My Arse

• stormseekazstormseekaz Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by RelytDnegel

I really don't see your fps as being that bad as there isn't a huge difference between 50 and 75. Also if you cannot get 4 medals in a war zone you don't deserve any valor, even if you join half way through, it is EASY to get. Plus it's a great system to combat afkers. Now let me get this straight. You say they failed incredibly hard on patch 1.2 because your fps is only 50 and your too much of a baddie to get 4 medals in a war zone? AND both of these things were in before 1.2.... So you have actually not said anything about the patch at all.... Sigh.

I said post 1.2 impressions.  Post meaning after, and 1.2 being the event I was using as a time marker.

How was I supposed to know when that garbage was implemented?  I've been unsubbed for 2 months.  Its all new to me.

I said 40 to 50 fps. not 50 FPS.  And yes the difference between 40 and 70 FPS is huge.  My eyes can detect 70 fps.  Human eyes cap out at 60-70 FPS.  This is without motion blur which theatrical films use to make their 30 FPS appear like 60 FPS.

And yes I should be a "baddie" considering I just logged into the game after 2 months away, and completely redesigned my interface and hotkeys.

Every game will have "baddies" in the pvp.  And SWTOR is giving the baddies no credit, despite their effort.

Originally posted by RelytDnegel

I said post 1.2 impressions.  Post meaning after, and 1.2 being the event I was using as a time marker.

How was I supposed to know when that garbage was implemented?  I've been unsubbed for 2 months.  Its all new to me.

I said 40 to 50 fps. not 50 FPS.  And yes the difference between 40 and 70 FPS is huge.  My eyes can detect 70 fps.  Human eyes cap out at 60-70 FPS.  This is without motion blur which theatrical films use to make their 30 FPS appear like 60 FPS.

And yes I should be a "baddie" considering I just logged into the game after 2 months away, and completely redesigned my interface and hotkeys.

Every game will have "baddies" in the pvp.  And SWTOR is giving the baddies no credit, despite their effort.

MMO's are not T-Ball where everyone gets a chance at bat.....sorry.

You should have said.." I was away and out of practice and sucked. Man I hoped my new system would give me an UNfair advantage."

• RavenspenRavenspen Member UncommonPosts: 104
    If you don't hit 4 you are not pulling your weight and deserve no valor. Do 2.5 k damage theres a medal, kill someone another, shield or heal at all another, stand at a turret the whole match you'll get some for that. They have so many possible medals that it is really easy to hit 4 in a loosing match just by doing something. A good player will hit 10+ every match, a usefull player will hit 4-6, someone who needs more practice 1-3. Since when did we start rewarding people for failing. Get better and the medals will come easily.

Any fps over 30 can hardly be counted a problem to your ability to play well.
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by Four0Six

In Tera and GW2 the other players would say.." Skill based....". Lucky for you there is none of that in other MMO's PvP.

Oh yeah, untill VERY recently the standard for films out of Hollywood was 24 FPS......

What in the hell do movies have to do with my FPS in games, Ya we all know movies are blurry as hell when they are focusing on a moving object.  Acceptable for a movie but not for my games.

Originally posted by Ravenspen

If you don't hit 4 you are not pulling your weight and deserve no valor. Do 2.5 k damage theres a medal, kill someone another, shield or heal at all another, stand at a turret the whole match you'll get some for that. They have so many possible medals that it is really easy to hit 4 in a loosing match just by doing something. A good player will hit 10+ every match, a usefull player will hit 4-6, someone who needs more practice 1-3. Since when did we start rewarding people for failing. Get better and the medals will come easily. Any fps over 30 can hardly be counted a problem to your ability to play well.

+1 for tact.

• stormseekazstormseekaz Member UncommonPosts: 168

Films use motion blur to disguise the low framerate, that is why they can use 24-30fps and get away with it.  Human eyes can easily detect up to 60 fps and even further, (on computer applications).

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by Ravenspen

If you don't hit 4 you are not pulling your weight and deserve no valor. Do 2.5 k damage theres a medal, kill someone another, shield or heal at all another, stand at a turret the whole match you'll get some for that. They have so many possible medals that it is really easy to hit 4 in a loosing match just by doing something. A good player will hit 10+ every match, a usefull player will hit 4-6, someone who needs more practice 1-3. Since when did we start rewarding people for failing. Get better and the medals will come easily. Any fps over 30 can hardly be counted a problem to your ability to play well.

So true. You have to really suck to get 1-3. Even in my worst games i get 4-6

Films use motion blur to disguise the low framerate, that is why they can use 24-30fps and get away with it.  Human eyes can easily detect up to 60 fps and even further, (on computer applications).

So why am I doing so much better than you in Huttball with 20 fps?

Originally posted by Zorgo

That is "skill based" talk, Zorgo. Carefull there, this isn't Tera or GW2.....

Originally posted by Zorgo

That is "skill based" talk, Zorgo. Carefull there, this isn't Tera or GW2.....

Sad thing is I kinda suck ).