Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA to be the sleeper hit of 2012......

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

With all these other high profile MMOs running ramparnt atm (SWTOR/TSW/GW2) I feel that TERA might just be that sleeper that makes a bigger spalsh than people are predicting. I tried out the CBT but didnt really get into it much as I knew my character was going to be deleted, I didnt want to get too attached. Now that Open Beta is upon us and we actually get to keep the character through to launch (normally unheard of) then I can really sink my teeth in.

This will be what Final Fantasy XIV and AION should have been (for the western audience) and I forsee a smooth laucnh.

Not to mention, it will knock Age of Conan off for being the best looking MMO. I simply have not seen better graphics (better than GW2 too) on PC, EVER!! Thats right, this has to be the most beautiful piece of electronic artwork I have ever seen!

If you have not seen it in action, you are missing it!

TERA for MMO GAME OF THE YEAR!!

Comments

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

I think you may be right.  A lot will depend on what kind of content is added and how quickly they get it implemented.  I definitely think this game has the makings of a really terrific game, and I hope it has a great community as well.  

So far, I'm more impressed with TERA than I have ever been with GW2.  I just have a soft spot for open, seamless worlds.  

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

wait..did you say sleeper hit or it will put you to sleep?

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

Originally posted by burdock2

With all these other high profile MMOs running ramparnt atm (SWTOR/TSW/GW2) I feel that TERA might just be that sleeper that makes a bigger spalsh than people are predicting. 

Tera will launch with 10 servers.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Im sorry, did aion fail? last time i checked it was number 1 in korea.. still is, and tera isnt beating Aion in korea.

But then again, the devs didnt hit every facet of Aion with the casual nerf bat the way en masse did, so maybe it will be a hit here. since most western players seem to like easier games.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• CastranCastran Member UncommonPosts: 11

TERA failed in Korea and it'll do the same here. The Secret World has a better chance at being successful, meanwhile Guild Wars 2 will be a guaranteed hit.

• SteazySteazy Member Posts: 39

Tera was verry rushed in Korea ....  Im stoked they are waiting for the game to have more features,  launching with a 60 cap for NA.  I would take a open world type game over an instanced one any day.  Nothing gets as lame as an instanced out game at end game, or not having any open world pvp.  Tera has alot of potential for sure, cant wait to see how this next year unfolds for the game.

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by Castran

TERA failed in Korea and it'll do the same here. The Secret World has a better chance at being successful, meanwhile Guild Wars 2 will be a guaranteed hit.

that is 100 % false.  in fact Tera is  the number 3 most played MMO in korea , a year after.

• MesfenlirMesfenlir Member Posts: 208

Tera is the 3rd mmo in korea atm.

Number 8 of all online games played.

Korea is probably the country were people plays more video-games (Japan and china too)

So Tera is strong, very strong.

Plus many western gamers will play it (me included)

Not failure, success.

Originally posted by Steazy

Tera was verry rushed in Korea ....  Im stoked they are waiting for the game to have more features,  launching with a 60 cap for NA.  I would take a open world type game over an instanced one any day.  Nothing gets as lame as an instanced out game at end game, or not having any open world pvp.  Tera has alot of potential for sure, cant wait to see how this next year unfolds for the game.

once again, get some info before you post.  i decided to help you out so found this basic questions for ya.

http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/faq

Is there open-world PvP in TERA?

There are world PvP servers in TERA; these PvP servers will also include battlegrounds that provide specific PvP rewards. There are also PvE servers that provide consensual PvP content, such as battlegrounds and duels.

Is TERA a persistent world or instanced game?

TERA is a persistent world game with certain instanced areas.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

First off to the above poster. Tera did not fail in korea. in fact Tera is one of the largest subscription based games in a market ran by f2p models. koreans hate p2p games.

Now. the the topic at hand. Games with to much hype will always fail. Games with little expectation will usually surprise us.

I will do my best to not be biased because i am a huge fan of what Tera offers in gameplay. Do I think its the savior of mmos. No i do not.

Tera is going to be a huge success because it is different. What is different? The combat (obvious).

Why is it good? Well this is an opinion. I love monster hunter type games. Now i get one in mmo form! I can either play this casually and farm a few BAM every day as I would on a console type monster hunter or i can engross in it like an mmo. Though a monthly fee might not cater to the casual. The gameplay in tera fits very well for a casual player imo.

If you are looking for Tera to consume your no life soul. I do not think this game has enough to offer in content to last most of us past the 6 month mark but that is just opinion and we do not know how far bluehole will be pushing data. I know en masse will be demanding a lot from them. They really love there Tera game.

Why Tera will be my #1 game. It runs and looks more beautiful then any game ive ever seen. Eyefinity with perfect UI manipulation for my 3 monitor gaming. ZOMG FUN COMBAT!!! (a bit slow at low lvls, depending on class). En Masse. If you are a regular on forums or have had to submit a ticket to En Masse then you understand. They are amazing. I wish trion and en masse had babies to make our future gaming companies. They are my 2 favs. They take there game seriously and always have someone on the forums patrolling. Which I love!

Anyway thats just me killing a little time at work.

For those that love Tera! Yay us! For those that don't! May you find a game that fits you!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• EmbryEmbry Member Posts: 3

So i heard you like Grinding, lame excuse for a combat system (when you walk and shoot it's first going to stand still and then shoot).

I've got a game for you, it's called TERA.

Fail excuse for a MMO.

Grinding, grinding, grinding

• darkcircuitdarkcircuit Member Posts: 211

OP I appreciate what your saying, I love the game and will be playing from headstart onwards, but by posting this thread you are just feeding the trolls. People on this forum have shown again and again that they are true GW2 brown nosers and without even playing Tera (or if played it, not given it a non-biased go), will flame any thread talking about how good Tera is.

You have been warned.

• chibineko89chibineko89 Member CommonPosts: 107

quoted wrong post >.>

What does that have anything to do with what I posted.... lmao

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

so youre saying you dont want a monster killing game focus in your mmo. sucks for you. have fun doing the exact same battleground in gw2 everyday lol.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Originally posted by Nadya3

once again, get some info before you post.  i decided to help you out so found this basic questions for ya.

There are world PvP servers in TERA; these PvP servers will also include battlegrounds that provide specific PvP rewards. There are also PvE servers that provide consensual PvP content, such as battlegrounds and duels.

I was saying that Tera has an open world and open world pvp which i did alot of up to lvl 38 unlike Tor, GW2, and TSW....  What are you trying to say read my post better...

I was saying that Tera has an open world and open world pvp which i did alot of up to lvl 38....  What are you trying to say read my poast better...

oops sorry lol,  i posted that for the wrong person !p   i better get some sleep soon!p

I was saying that Tera has an open world and open world pvp which i did alot of up to lvl 38....  What are you trying to say read my poast better...

oops sorry lol,  i posted that for the wrong person !p   i better get some sleep soon!p

lol no worries :)

Dont want anyone to think im hating on the game because I'm super stoked on it and cant wait to play again!

lol no worries :)

my mind is starting to play tricks on me lol

• chibineko89chibineko89 Member CommonPosts: 107

like aion it's worth playing if F2P or B2P but its just not worth $15 a month

if i wasnt in college i could alwys play lots and farm in game currency and buy

the time scrolls but i dont have that kind of time now do i want to have to grind gear on 

the infinitly expanding gear tredmill

also if tera combat didnt root you in place with animation locks i would enjoy it more

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

It really wont be.

While the combat is awesome, the best we have seen in recent years, but the rest of the game is the same ol' tired linear themepark.

Hyping it to be more than that is stupid.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Originally posted by Castran

Well when people can actually play TSW maybe they'll start talking about it because as of right now not many people seem to care.  Which IMO is unfortunate being a fan of skill based progression.

Barring BHS/EME spending the next six months revolutionizing TERA I think it will be middle of the road sub wise.  I just hope EME is happy with it and continues being the greatest example of a publisher to date past launch.  In a B2P/F2P world having a solid long term sub base is a great environment for an MMO to grow over time.  I imagine TERA having an EVE Online type of cult following.

I do foresee a rise and leveling of subs around the three month mark of GW2's release.  Those that find they like the "old school" MMO will find TERA enticing and then some will bolt when the next new thing is about to come out.  Even if it only reaches 250k subs, my only wish for TERA is that it continues to improve without watering it down for a quick buck.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261
    I really enjoyed Tera when I played the first few CBTs to max level but I live in Australia and the way the combat works with latency is just too much of a disadvantage. The difference between 50ms and 400ms is 100%, that's twice the attack speed, so me sitting at 250ms will be ate huge disadvantage even for PvE so it's just not worth it. I don't believe it will be a flop, I would imagine that it would retain enough subs to be successful and continue on.

Originally posted by karmath

It really wont be.

While the combat is awesome, the best we have seen in recent years, but the rest of the game is the same ol' tired linear themepark.

Hyping it to be more than that is stupid.

you forgot to add, how wonderful , unique, and different GW2 will be.

Big Roll of eyes for you!