Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No editing palette showing

FezVizziniFezVizzini Member Posts: 24
Can anyone tell me why all the options to change font, colour etc have suddenly disappeared when I make a post ?

The preview button is not working for me either.

Comments

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036
    Originally posted by FezVizzini

Can anyone tell me why all the options to change font, colour etc have suddenly disappeared when I make a post ?

Oh, thought it was just me. Ok at least I know the problem isn't on my end.
  • FezVizziniFezVizzini Member Posts: 24
    Seems to be a firefox problem. Just tried using IE and it works OK.
  • FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036
    Originally posted by FezVizzini

Seems to be a firefox problem. Just tried using IE and it works OK.

The odd thing is, it worked just fine like 10 mins before this thead was created.

And the next odd thing is that - yep - it's working OK again now.

• DissolutionDissolution Member Posts: 210

This sounds like the exact same issue I was having in the post I submitted below. I created a thread, using the full features of the palette and when I came back to edit something approximately an hour later the pallette was no longer an option.

I just want to clarify, the problem was Firefox? Or when you tried it again later it worked with Firefox as well?

I would sure hate to have to get IE up and running if I dont have to.

Yep it was Firefox. When I had the problem with the missing features I tried IE and that worked fine. Howevere, Firefox suddenly worked OK about 2 hours later as well. No idea why Firefox suddenly started working again with no action taken on my part.

Strange thing was that I rebooted my PC when I had the Firefox problem (just in case I had presssed some strange combo of characters or something to disable the palette) and it made no diference - it was still missing. But I then leave my PC for 2 hours and when I come back it was working ! Very odd.

BTW - It wasn't just the editing features that were missing. If I pressed the "quote" option on a post It didn't display the original post correctly - just the text in HTML type format.

eg. [BOLD][RED] quoted text etc......... [RED][BOLD]    or whatever.

And the preview button didn't work either. It was basically acting like the Enhanced Editor (under mode at bottom of post) was turmed off. Most strange.

Bizarre, I guess i'll patch up IE and use that for forum editing so I dont need to dick around later. Unfortunate. IE feels like I am cheating on my wife.

I assume from your post that you are still having problems with FIrefox then.

Unlucky having to use IE - I hate it !!

You could always try chrome - I haven't tried it but people say its pretty good and I read only yesterday it has just overtaken Firefox for number of users.

I'll most likely stick to Firefox for all around purposes and just patch up IE for editing and such for the site. I have a work computer I keep IE patched up on because there are a couple of sites i need for professional reasons that just respond to IE better. For my gaming comps I usually only use Firefox, but all my screenshots, script fixes etc are on the gaming comps.

Not a big deal, just try not to use IE until I have to, now i suppose I will.

• Claire63Claire63 Member Posts: 7

Ok at least I know the problem isn't on my end.

• Ardell91Ardell91 Member Posts: 5

I make a post ? The preview button is not working for me either.

• Helena85Helena85 Member Posts: 6

- it's working OK again now.

• masandifer7masandifer7 Member Posts: 8
    it's working OK again now.