Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"It's a Trap"

12345679»

Comments

• MeleagarMeleagar Member Posts: 407

"If you are fine with what you are getting, more power to you. Some of us are a bit more cautious after being burned one too many times. Those are the ones I give the friendly advice."

Caveat emptor. I've done my due diligence. I know I'll get my $60 worth out of GW2.

• TommayTommay Member Posts: 24

Tbh,  I think the current state of Guild wars 2 is proably what a company like EA would consider ready to be released. I see the beta weekends just as marketting really, and with the added benefit that they can stress test the servers, and maybe find a few bugs as well.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

you are more then welcome to play aion for free if gw2 doesnt suit your need!

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Sephastus

This has been a public service announcement :-P

You can keep the service, I'm content with my pre-purchase already :-p

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

NDA or not when half a million people log into a beta weekend, they will all talk about it. I will be one of them.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Thank you for pre-purchasing Guild Wars 2!

IMPORTANT! Please take a moment to register your Guild Wars 2 account. 

Oh Smack, I guess I fell for the trap.... I'm loving it though! :-D

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Originally posted by Scripture1

Thank you for pre-purchasing Guild Wars 2!

IMPORTANT! Please take a moment to register your Guild Wars 2 account. 

Oh Smack, I guess I fell for the trap.... I'm loving it though! :-D

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :(

Poor babe!

Oh wait.... that's a good thing cause now I won't be trapped alone! :p

• CaptainSoapCaptainSoap Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

NDA or not when half a million people log into a beta weekend, they will all talk about it. I will be one of them.

There will be no NDA for this aprils beta test.
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Honner

What is a trap is your thread ^^

TRUTH

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• V-L-A-DV-L-A-D Member Posts: 50

Until now my only disappointment is the DVD box, I thought Anet would make something creative like Blizzard did for WoW... They have so many awesome art why didn't they add anything to the box? -I answered the question to myself, maybe they just can't choose what to put on it because every single art is so awesome...

Sorry for bad English. :)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Sephastus

I am utterly dumbfounded at what the hype has done to what would otherwise be a smart community. I will try to put things into a little perspective, and you can flame all you want afterwards, but please hear me out:

1) Pay to Beta test

In all honesty, how many times have most of us complained that once a game is released, it feels like you are paying to beta test it for them because of some irks or outright bugs we find in it... But in GW2 you are ACTUALLY paying in order to beta test it. It's not a PRIVILAGE, it's a service. And I don't know about you, but when I provide a service, I want to be paid, or otherwise compensated for it. But in this case, you are paying THEM in order to test their game out. Just pure ridiculousness...

2) Pay Full price BEFORE an NDA has been lifted

My word, who would do such a thing? Please... just think for a moment. Peer review is one of the best judges of an item, specially when there is no conflict of interest. News sites and some demo tests are NOT a good judgement of the final product. The websites that got access to the BETA want traffic, and are also going to attempt to showcase their own talents, either in writing or other aspects. This means they will very much romanticize what they experienced and even without realizing it will sugar coat the experience, which is clear conflict of interests. As for demos, these are the polished versions of a limited scope of the game. I can't tell you how many times I have enjoyed a demo much more than the actual full game. Lets review something: why would you hold something behind your back, and ask people to pay you in full before you give it to them? I will let you draw your own conclusion on that one (even if it does hurt some prides).

I was going to continue adding some more points, but instead of this becoming a warning, it would look like a rant. My sincere advice to my fellow players is to NOT purchase the game outright until the NDA is lifted and the beta crowds give you the real low-down on how things are. You will not loose out on anything since the beta chars get whiped, and you will enjoy your journey much better on launch day. Best case scenerio you will realize the game is not for you and would have saved some cash. Worst case scenario you loose out on some early gameplay, which would get deleted anyways.

This has been a public service announcement :-P

Its not a trap.  Theres nothing sort of death that will keep me from playing this game.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.