Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many copies of the game do you think were sold on April 10th?

steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

This is a poll on how many copies you think were sold on April 10th, the start of pre-purchase.

Please tell us oyur answer after you answer the poll.

I think they sold 500,000 copies.

Comments

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

I'm gonna say between 250,000 and 500,000. On the closer side of 250k so thats where my vote will be

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

I don't know, but I know that once that first Beta goes live and we're allowed to talk about the cash shop, it'll get more people buying. For now I'll put the number at 250k considering how many people signed up for the beta.

Did anyone else get to see the cash shop changes before the page went down? Not sure if it was an accidental leak or if they're just having web issues again (considering the forum isn't working, it's hard to tell) but I won't say anything just to be safe *cough* itsonredditgoogleit *cough* but it should make a lot of "I won't buy cuz of cash shop" people happy.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• RathanX26RathanX26 Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

I don't know, but I know that once that first Beta goes live and we're allowed to talk about the cash shop, it'll get more people buying. For now I'll put the number at 250k considering how many people signed up for the beta.

Did anyone else get to see the cash shop changes before the page went down? Not sure if it was an accidental leak or if they're just having web issues again (considering the forum isn't working, it's hard to tell) but I won't say anything just to be safe *cough* itsonredditgoogleit *cough* but it should make a lot of "I won't buy cuz of cash shop" people happy.

Well to say a lot without saying anything, i did, and it looked like the original leaked nda protected picture that went around. The only thing i actually thought when i saw it was "And the threads had just died down about the CS and moved on to complaining about the purchase price. Well back to square one."

Anyway, more on to topic. I would say 1 in 4 of the beta sign ups so 250k+  a few. I am sure after this week is over Anet will announce numbers or something.

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by RathanX26

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Well to say a lot without saying anything, i did, and it looked like the original leaked nda protected picture that went around. The only thing i actually thought when i saw it was "And the threads had just died down about the CS and moved on to complaining about the purchase price. Well back to square one."

Anyway, more on to topic. I would say 1 in 4 of the beta sign ups so 250k+  a few. I am sure after this week is over Anet will announce numbers or something.

Make that 3 in 4 of the beta signups and then some more that forgot to sign up for the beta, which makes about 800k

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Ima say between 50 and 100k.  Not to many people are willing to pony up the cash just to play a beta.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

I'm guessing its about 300k

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

I'm going to go way overboard on hype and say Aleph-ω.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

Not everybody was able to purchase the product through their retailer of choice yet. image

I'm going to guess 250k at max. If not, then it is probably under.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Honestly, I think the number is somewhere around ~300k.

There were a lot of problems with their payment form, not to mention that many of the accepted retails still don't have the pre-purchase listed in their stores yet. This alone creates a lot of barriers for people.

Furthermore, I know there are a lot of people were are either still very cautious (about any new MMO), sitting on the fence, or uncomfortable with paying upfront for this game. Can't say that I blame them.

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123

at least one mill.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

if they reached one million or close in 24  hours, be certain we would hear about it

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

12 BILLION!!!11

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

Over 9000!

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Over 9000...

Why OP thinks we know lol thats why so many reply with silly numbers:P

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

More than 1

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

How many moms basements exist in the the US and Europe?

• NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

I voted 750k simply because I know alot of retailers are claiming they sold out the allotment of serial prepurchases they had, and because the sheer volume of prepurchses crashed the Guildwars2 purchase sight for over an hour. Gonna go with well over a million by the end of the week.

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

i no longer preorder games.

im very but very cautious about GW2 , so probably gonna wait 2 or 4 weeks after it gets released  before buying, or not buying.

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by Nadya3

im very but very cautious about GW2 , so probably gonna wait 2 or 4 weeks after it gets released  before buying, or not buying.

ive never preordered a game...for some reason though i feel really good about this one.

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by umie214

Originally posted by Nadya3

ive never preordered a game...for some reason though i feel really good about this one.

you are wise.

i've wasted alot of money, preordering, buying games.  that were a total let down.  or simply a boredom paradise 2 month after.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

To my knowledge this is also the first game I've preordered.  I won't lie, a lot of it was because the promise of the betas, and if I'm any indication, they're going to sell a lot more than if they had just put it up for pre-order.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

The OP is biased! Where is my over 9000 selection?!!!!! I demand a remake of this poll!

On a more serious note, I think they sold 50k copies. Mostly because not a lot of people are going to buy the game before it's got a release date.

This is not a game.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

500K+ easily

• laxika91laxika91 Member Posts: 50

800k-1m at least in my opinion. All prepurche box sold tomorrow morning here in Hungary under a hour. I wanted to buy one, but all sold. I got mine today online straight from ANet.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222