Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good game, good price and it's out now!

First of all I would liek to say that this forums is messed up by a few people and in no way reflects the fun gaming community I am in in GW1. Secondly, I have been playing GW1 for 3 months and I absolutely love the game. Even though it is from about 2005/2006 and thus the graphics and all are somewhat simplified, there are so many solid and new things about this rpg that it is still a great experience. Lastly, I have just prepurchased my digital deluxe version of GW2. I feel like this game is not ripping me off with monthly subscriptions so I happily paid 75 euro's.

I'm not saying other games are bad, because I understand now that by saying that it will attract the wrong players. No it's fine! Enjoy WoW trade chat, it's all good and clean fun...:D ..|..

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Why must you bait people? It doesn't help, it's going to bring in those are already dislike the Game and ANET. Those who assume like me who is assuming those that assume are really bout to come in here. Here are some things that will most likely be discussed, cash shop, price, and hype. That's the highly possible thing, it's good you getting the game, I'm excited to play it from my experiences with it last year but honestly the whole bait at the end wasn't needed at all.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i enjoyed GW1 tremendously but its not for everyone

I think GW2 will appeal to more people because its a different game than GW1

many people disliked GW1 for the simple reason that they couldnt jump

there were many other more important reasons, such as it not an mmo  (altho I played GW1 like a mmo)

I wouldnt recommend people to buy GW1

I would recommend people to TRY the game :)

http://www.guildwars.com/freetrial/

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

GW1 is a hard game to get into for some, I bought it since the HoM reveal and couldn't get into it back then, tried it a year later with no use and I finally started to get into it 1 month ago, now I can't stop playing it. I'm actually regretting not playing it all this time I had it as I could've accomplished many points for the HoM.

I think starting to play in NIghtfall helped a lot, being able to level and edit your heroes is pretty entertaining, plus getting them gear and skills. However the game is hard, even with the heroes, and even though I'm playing with my brother the missions still give us trouble, probably because we haven't unlocked that many skills and such yet. I like it though, it's a challenge.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• Originally posted by xposeidon

GW1 is a hard game to get into for some, I bought it since the HoM reveal and couldn't get into it back then, tried it a year later with no use and I finally started to get into it 1 month ago, now I can't stop playing it. I'm actually regretting not playing it all this time I had it as I could've accomplished many points for the HoM.

I think starting to play in NIghtfall helped a lot, being able to level and edit your heroes is pretty entertaining, plus getting them gear and skills. However the game is hard, even with the heroes, and even though I'm playing with my brother the missions still give us trouble, probably because we haven't unlocked that many skills and such yet. I like it though, it's a challenge.

That's the point! Some people don't know what its like to play a game anymore. Developers as well I think. I really start to see the difference between developers that dont give a shit about playing quality games, and make it so nerfed that its not fun anymore.

People, you can say from me what you want, but I'm a vanilla WoW gamer and I know the game was a hell of a lot of fun back then. I figured you can't go back to those times, but now that i found the challenge in GW I change my mind :D.

After 6-7 years of GW it still is fun and challenging. I said numerous times in WoW that I would have loved to see the old content back, with RARE epics and QUALITY experience and a CHALLENGE. I'm sold to GW.

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

Honestly I think it was a little silly for Anet to say "The wait is over!  Pre-purchase now!"

Seems like an oxymoron to me...cuz we're still waiting for the game...

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by Powermike

First of all I would liek to say that this forums is messed up by a few people and in no way reflects the fun gaming community I am in in GW1. Secondly, I have been playing GW1 for 3 months and I absolutely love the game. Even though it is from about 2005/2006 and thus the graphics and all are somewhat simplified, there are so many solid and new things about this rpg that it is still a great experience. Lastly, I have just prepurchased my digital deluxe version of GW2. I feel like this game is not ripping me off with monthly subscriptions so I happily paid 75 euro's.

I'm not saying other games are bad, because I understand now that by saying that it will attract the wrong players. No it's fine! Enjoy WoW trade chat, it's all good and clean fun...:D ..|..

Troll or dillusional fanboy? Obviously a bit of both...

OP, if you truely think GW2 global chat will be any better or more mature than WoW trade chat, you're in for a very big disappoint !

This discussion has been closed.