Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Now?

LoBo-TPLoBo-TP Member Posts: 33
Shadowbane is one of the greatest games ever made dont get me wrong. It seems that the SB team is doing a bunch of cool things to the game that should have been long ago. But why now? Shadowbane is dead only a couple of servers left and each server in peak hours at tops has a population of 400 if you are lucky. SB will never get its population back as it had way back when. I wish the SB team would stop milking an almost dead cow and hurry up with SB2. The SB team should have just migrated all servers into just one server so at least in peak hours there would be a population of about 1k or more. Now the SB team is making a lore server spreading out what little players they have left even more. I think that its not a good move since they already have a lore server called the morning server. Many of the guilds on mourning are lore junkys and very few hard core PvPers are left on mourning. Good job to the SB team for killing your own game.

Comments

• Edward78Edward78 Member Posts: 245

Originally posted by LoBo-TP
    Shadowbane is one of the greatest games ever made dont get me wrong. It seems that the SB team is doing a bunch of cool things to the game that should have been long ago. But why now? Shadowbane is dead only a couple of servers left and each server in peak hours at tops has a population of 400 if you are lucky. SB will never get its population back as it had way back when. I wish the SB team would stop milking an almost dead cow and hurry up with SB2. The SB team should have just migrated all servers into just one server so at least in peak hours there would be a population of about 1k or more. Now the SB team is making a lore server spreading out what little players they have left even more. I think that its not a good move since they already have a lore server called the morning server. Many of the guilds on mourning are lore junkys and very few hard core PvPers are left on mourning. Good job to the SB team for killing your own game.

From what I heard many will come back for the lore server, I will go back.

• vacavriachvacavriach Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Edward78

Shadowbane is one of the greatest games ever made dont get me wrong. It seems that the SB team is doing a bunch of cool things to the game that should have been long ago. But why now? Shadowbane is dead only a couple of servers left and each server in peak hours at tops has a population of 400 if you are lucky. SB will never get its population back as it had way back when. I wish the SB team would stop milking an almost dead cow and hurry up with SB2. The SB team should have just migrated all servers into just one server so at least in peak hours there would be a population of about 1k or more. Now the SB team is making a lore server spreading out what little players they have left even more. I think that its not a good move since they already have a lore server called the morning server. Many of the guilds on mourning are lore junkys and very few hard core PvPers are left on mourning. Good job to the SB team for killing your own game.

From what I heard many will come back for the lore server, I will go back.

Honestly I'm surprised it has held on as long as it has. Sadly, even a lore server would not bring me back (seeing as I know what kind of people it will bring there - and they won't be RPers, I guarantee you that).

400 at peak? Man. And I thought it was bad when I last played and peaks were at 800... but that was long ago.

Vacavriach

Proud member of TOG - The Older Gamers
    Because old people play games too!

It is a strange feeling I can't wait, but I am a little scared of it failing.

• LoBo-TPLoBo-TP Member Posts: 33
    I do not think it will work making a new server. I will no longer play SB unless the server I play on reaches a population of over 1k in prime time. Its really sad when you are a PK and you need to spend hours looking for a person to kill. The only way to get PvP on SB these days is to beat on somones mine for a while and this is lame. I really hope the SB team learned from thier mistakes and can make a better SB2. Im drooling waiting for the release of DF like ALL SB players are. SB will lose the rest of its population when DF goes live. I will play SB2 if its done good and they dont make the game all carebear.

Well it is good DF will never come out then so SB will be fine, it has been like 5 years it isn't coming out.

• LoBo-TPLoBo-TP Member Posts: 33

Well it is good DF will never come out then so SB will be fine, it has been like 5 years it isn't coming out.

DF beta will be starting soon as developer Cluas said in the chat.
  • MaxziusMaxzius Member UncommonPosts: 248

DF beta will be starting soon as developer Cluas said in the chat.

ToA is going to beat DF to the shelves because DF is never going to be released...

Shadowbane, on the other hand, is already out and bringing both new and old players to the game with the upcomming release of the new Lore Server.  If you enjoy PvP I'd suggest trying Shadowbane out while you wait for DF to be released...

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

Currently playing: Nothing

• HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 219

Actually a ton are coming back to try the new Lore server. The Test server alone has 1000-1200 at times and thats just the test server. Its a safe bet when the Lore server goes live it will be filled to the brim. However, getting players has never really been Shadowbanes main problem. The trick is finding ways to keep them.

This is probably the games last stand. For years they have been merging and merging with fewer and fewer servers. Fortunately they are doing a ton of things right with the Lore server in terms of the ruleset. And for those(myself included), who left in 2003, you will find its a whole different game now in terms of content and features. It really is one of the best unknown games(if you like PvP and GvG).

If the Lore server becomes a hit then you can expect them to release more servers to meet demand. However, if it doesn't take off as they expect, then this is likely to be the last hurrah for SB.

Shadowbane is available for a 25 free day trial(I believe with all the expansions included) on fileplanet. And, from what I hear, its #3 of their top 50 in downloads. So its a very safe bet  that if you want a crowded server with lots of people to play/with and against then the Lore servers unveiling shouldn't be missed.