Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help deciding on mmorpg please...

OtachOtach Member UncommonPosts: 74

I am new to mmorpgs...and I am switching mmorpgs probably to something more likeable, heres my short story.

I got SWG when it first came out. It was fun for a couple months, the community was good, and all that, but they wound up nerfing it too much for me to enjoy it that much...

Sooooooo...I recently canceled my subscription and am looking for a new MMORPG, and was wondering if I could get some suggestions. I really am interested in:

Anime, Midevil stuff, FPS, good community, a good "unique" character feeling, decent grafix, and something that I will play for a long time and not get bored or extreemely agrivated by leveling.

Any suggestions? What are your favorites...and could you please fill me in on what some of the mmorpgs are REALLY like? I cant really rely on just the reviews..thanks.

Comments

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Welcome to MMORPG.com.

If you head on over to our Game's List you can find over 100 MMORPGs that are either out or coming out shortly.

I've heard a lot of people like playing Ultima Online,  EverQuest and Dark Ages of Camalot.  These have been around for a very long time. 

You have to remember Otach,  each person will have some sort of difference in their taste for MMORPGs.  I would highly suggest you taking a look through the Game List and checking some out.

What do I like you might ask?

I still like Meriden 59,  Ultima Online,  EVE,  and a few others.  I'm currently waiting for Horizons and World of Warcraft to get out.  If you stick aruond you will hear/see what people like and dislike,

Again,  welcome.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • OtachOtach Member UncommonPosts: 74

thanks for your help

I really liked the idea in SWG of the extreemely customizeable characters...but then again....it all gets ruined with the nerfing.

I have an idea that I could make millions off of for an mmorpg. One called ANIME XL. Anime is a nifty trend swiping the world, and I would like a mix of Ragnarok, SWG, and Asheron's Call/Everquest mmorpg. First off, the player would have a 3d anime character, like .hack or final fantasy, completely customizeable. It would have the beautiful environments of SWG, and a midevil feel of Asheron's call and everquest.......we all have dreams. =p

So...er, being only nearly 15 and no cash income, are you suggesting I buy different mmorpgs and see whats right for me? Or do they usually all have a nice 7 day trial thing you can dl.

I know there's a few MMORPGs you can download and try for around two weeks.

Asheron's Call 2 is one of them. 

I know there's a FF MMORPG coming out,  Lineage II,  these are anime style MMORPGs... look very good.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • ZaradisZaradis Member Posts: 241

well i don't know if your being sarcastic or not image

if you like anime or comic books www.cityofheroes.com is for you although i don't know

when its coming out but it should be a pretty good game with very customizable characters, they don't want no two heros looking the same.

Qoute: "I neva *ucked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?" Tony Montana

Qoute: "I neva *ucked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?" Tony Montana

• OtachOtach Member UncommonPosts: 74

Yea, my friend showed me that and told me to check it out. Looks pretty cool, do you know the release date?

I signed up to enter for the early beta of the matrix online...looks pretty cool. I really hope the brothers can pull it off!

Check the Game List.  I'm currently going to bed everyone,  have a good night.

Otach,  our game list has everything you need,  screenshots,  player reviews,  release dates and more!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • HyJinksHyJinks Member Posts: 1

I am admittedly biased Otach but I would recommend trying The Realm Online. I began playing The Realm way back in its alpha development days, remained with it throughout all its versions, and recently joined with a group of devoted players, formed a corporation (Norseman Games), and bought the game. That is how strongly I believe in what The Realm has to offer.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The Realm’s community is its strongest asset and is what has kept the game alive since its beginnings in 1996. That’s not just old for an MMORPG but venerably ancient. And there is good reason for the longevity the community has granted the game; it has that intangible something that fosters a sense of home, a high “fun factor”, and a charm born of the game’s environment and easy user interface. Add the expansions we have under development and The Realm becomes ever more a unique and satisfying entertainment experience. Moreover, you will soon be able to try it free when our 30-day Trial program launches in the next few days.

I believe I can speak for the entire community in saying: “Hope to see you there”!

I use to play The Realm when it was free and before I even knew what a MMORPG was.

It's old school,  and fun!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • ReebdoogReebdoog Member Posts: 56

Lineage 2 looks like it could be quite nice. I'm certainly going to be following it till release.  I'll form an opinion on Horizons once they do their big content update. Right now there is no way I could play that game as a full release. Old School UO was as good as it gets. Since then things have changed and I don't think for the better. UXO looks like it could be quite different. Like it mixes MMORPG and Diablo 2 just enough to be a monster hit. We'll have to see.  Everquest 2 would be nice if you can get in on the ground floor. I took up EQ after it had been out for a good long while and I have to tell you, it was much more difficult to get into it after the world was established.  Shadowbane can be fun depending on your playstyle. The PvP aspects are quite fun indeed.  It's really up to you. If you want RP I'd suggest finding an RP guild BEFORE you get into a game.