Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Rift Sale $5-$9 with 30 days included

ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

Just alerting those of you that are thinking of buying it, the physical copy of Rift is now $0.99 (+$4 shipping) and the digital download is around $9. I can personally confirm the latter includes the initial 30 day subscription for new customers making this a better deal than the official site's $5 without 30 days. I can't personally vouch for the physical copy but I've read on other threads that it also includes the first 30 days.

Comments

• khelbonkhelbon Member UncommonPosts: 124

Originally posted by IrishChai
    Just alerting those of you that are thinking of buying it, the physical copy of Rift is now $0.99 (+$4 shipping) and the digital download is around $9. I can personally confirm the latter includes the initial 30 day subscription for new customers making this a better deal than the official site's $5 without 30 days. I can't personally vouch for the physical copy but I've read on other threads that it also includes the first 30 days.

Good find there!

Rift might not be the best MMO out there but it is worth 9 bucks for a month of play time.

I think I might pick myself up a copy.

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

Yeah, it was great timing for me. I was just up all night playing the trial and I wake up to this on Amazon. I haven't played Rift since beta and playing a few free weekends by Trion. They've come a long way. I think if it gets enough word of mouth about it's improvements, Trion can bank off of the disappointed gamers leaving SWTOR. I'm one of them. I've been trying to fix something that crashes the SWTOR client every few minutes and had to deal with EA's customer service (or lack thereof). I'm not badmouthing SWTOR, but unfortunately for some of us it's just unplayable and EA hasn't made the effort to care, so people will leave. Trion seems to be handling things a lot better with the extra time they've had since release so they just earned a new fan.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

That's a good deal for the discs.

If you don't mind the download you can get the standard edition for $4.99 and the collector's upgrade for $14.99 (you can always buy the CE upgrade later at any time for $10 anyway).

Here is the product page.

That doesn't include 30 days free. That's why I'm posting this. Amazon is a better deal.

edit p.s. That is unless you just want to buy the physical version to stare at the box and not play it. lol

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Awesome news!  I'll head out to the dollar store and pick up a box copy right now!  Hopefully they'll have them in a bin next to the yo-yo's.  

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Thx for the heads up OP!  That's kinda how I snuck my way into AoC many moons ago.

If you want 0 extras, it's the way to go.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

That is a great deal and a great way for people to kill time until their next anticipated game releases. Rift is quite enjoyable.

The price dropped to $6 for the digital download version.

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

might buy 3 copies just to get the ascend a friend mount haha