Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

swarming with players

majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

So I've recently logged in again and continued playing with my level 15 charater, at the end of sector 1. And the area has been crawling with players. Even when driving with my bike through the midst of nowhere, I had sometimes players crossing my way. And the quest hub I went to was also full of players, sometimes it was even hard to find any quest mobs in that area. Not to mention the chat channels buzzing as well.

I was surprised. The last time I played Rift, I saw maybe a single general chat message pop up once every half an hour. And the last time I played WoW, I basically met rare mobs constantly, because there were no other players who'd have killed them. I don't want to bash those games, they're good games (I guess). It's just that I forgot what it's like to be playing an MMORPG, where more than a year after the release, the game is full of players.

Sure, I guess towards the end game, the number of players will get smaller. But I wasn't in the starter town either, but in areas, where you'd have to definately spend hours of playtime to get to, so those "I just try it for a few minutes and then quit" people wouldn't be part of the crowd I met.

Just felt like sharing that. ^^

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Comments

• Originally posted by maji

So I've recently logged in again and continued playing with my level 15 charater, at the end of sector 1. And the area has been crawling with players. Even when driving with my bike through the midst of nowhere, I had sometimes players crossing my way. And the quest hub I went to was also full of players, sometimes it was even hard to find any quest mobs in that area. Not to mention the chat channels buzzing as well.

I was surprised. The last time I played Rift, I saw maybe a single general chat message pop up once every half an hour. And the last time I played WoW, I basically met rare mobs constantly, because there were no other players who'd have killed them. I don't want to bash those games, they're good games (I guess). It's just that I forgot what it's like to be playing an MMORPG, where more than a year after the release, the game is full of players.

Sure, I guess towards the end game, the number of players will get smaller. But I wasn't in the starter town either, but in areas, where you'd have to definately spend hours of playtime to get to, so those "I just try it for a few minutes and then quit" people wouldn't be part of the crowd I met.

It should be noted that most MMOs are the opposite of this (LOTRO, WoW, etc) after they have been out a couple of years.

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Just came back myself. At level 36 there is players around as well. It's not crawling but you meet them at quest zones a lot.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Play Lineage 2 for a bit, then you'll see what "swarming" really means

Glad to hear FE is doing well, I liked the game but left because at the upper levels the population had died almost completely off.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318

The question is: Is fallen Earth getting too many players? They're in all of my good zombie hunting spots these days. lol

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by maji

This game definitely has a lot of population.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by NagilumSadow

The question is: Is fallen Earth getting too many players? They're in all of my good zombie hunting spots these days. lol

LOL yeah. "After the Apocolypse, we really had a hard time finding parking." Isn't usually what you would expect for such a game.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Yeah I have been playing on and off lately and the game is pretty busy.  I am enjoying it.  For some reason when I subbed I would burn out pretty quickly and cancel.  The F2P has me playing randomly about once a week or so.  Perfect for the amount of time I have lately.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!