Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just wanted to say Thank You!

illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 516

The GW2 general forum has been under a TON of trolling lately yet a good deal of moderation was clearly visible over the Weekend here. 

We know anyone with a normal life or who works for a paid business isn't expected to do squat over the weekends b/c they've got family/friends to be hanging out with instead so thanks again for finding the time to keep those trolls in check while getting those threads locked that served no other purpose other than Generalized personal attacks on the community.   THANK YOU for that and please keep up the awesome work if you can.

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Thanks for the kind words! I'll be sure to forward this to our mod team!

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by MikeB

Thanks for the kind words! I'll be sure to forward this to our mod team!

Hey, wait!! I thought we weren't allowed to publicly discuss the moderating process on these boards!!

Kidding of course. I agree, thanks for all the hard work in keeping the floor of this monkey house as clean as is humanly possible.

Ok. That said, back to flinging poo at my fellow inmates.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170

Kudos for a positive post.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Somebodys bucking for a promotion ;)

Yeah, moding these forums must be a thankless task. The trolls, the tinfoil hat brigade that think you are all on the take and flying around in private jets while modertating, the well meaning charasmatic posters who make the occasional post while drunk and get told to sit on the naughty step once in a while (Hello image)., the endless analogies.  But your work is not unapreciated by everybody.....Just saying:)

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by spookydom

Yeah, moding these forums must be a thankless task. The trolls, the tinfoil hat brigade that think you are all on the take and flying around in private jets while modertating, the well meaning charasmatic posters who make the occasional post while drunk and get told to sit on the naughty step once in a while (Hello image)., the endless analogies.  But your work is not unapreciated by everybody.....Just saying:)

I have moderated on a jet before -- but it was NOT private. It was during a flight with Virgin America! :)

I wish I had my own private jet!

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Oh I've been warned by the Mods a few times, but I admit I probably deserved it.  They generally do an exemplary job at keeping things in order, so since the thread is already up, I'll add my thanks to the list.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by Eir_S

Oh I've been warned by the Mods a few times, but I admit I probably deserved it.  They generally do an exemplary job at keeping things in order, so since the thread is already up, I'll add my thanks to the list.

This /

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

I have moderated on a jet before -- but it was NOT private. It was during a flight with Virgin America! :)

I'll talk to these guys about it.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• RathanX26RathanX26 Member Posts: 119

The guy from MegaUpload has to sell his!!!! and it looked like a very nice jet from the pictures... just saying.

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by iller

The GW2 general forum has been under a TON of trolling lately yet a good deal of moderation was clearly visible over the Weekend here. 

We know anyone with a normal life or who works for a paid business isn't expected to do squat over the weekends b/c they've got family/friends to be hanging out with instead so thanks again for finding the time to keep those trolls in check while getting those threads locked that served no other purpose other than Generalized personal attacks on the community.   THANK YOU for that and please keep up the awesome work if you can.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the other forum sections that come under heavy fire from the trolls,  Gee I wonder why.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by Tardcore

I'll talk to these guys about it.

He's too close for missilie's he's switching to guns.