Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Purpose of this Forum

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Since there seems to be a great deal of confusion about this forum, I thought I'd clear it up.

This thread was created for members who are interested in this game in its current state. That doesn't mean that you have to like the game, or say only positive things. My intention was to create a place where members could come to discuss the game AS IT IS without being constantly bombarded with posts about the NGE, CU or the other changes that SOE made to this game in the past.

The bottom line is that a number of people are extremely upset about the changes that were made. We wanted to create an area for them as well (hence the other new forum) so that hopefully everyone would have a place to go where their voice could be heard. What we are trying to avoid is having one side point of view drown out all of the others. Regardless of how you or I personally feel about the situation, whichever "side" we are on, it's fair to say that everyone deserves a reasonable voice.

So, the bottom line is: Please, use your common sense, the way that you would in any other forum when deciding where to post your threads. In the same way that you wouldn't post about City of Villains in a WoW forum, this particular forum probably isn't the most appropriate place to post strongly about SOE hate over the NGE, or the latest theories of why it was done, etc. There is now a place for that.

We do not consider one forum to be more important or more "right" than the other. That's why we created two brand new threads rather than only creating one. In an attempt to be un-biased, we want to, like I've said a few times in this post, give everyone a fair voice.

I hope this explains things for you. I've tried to be as clear as possible.

Sincerely,

Jon Wood  

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851
    Thank you.
  • maxantomaxanto Member Posts: 778
    It was a great idea in theroy and on paper but in practice it doesn't seem to make a difference. The very 1st topic I read here was nothing but a flame fest from page 2 on. The only way you are gonna achieve a decent community is by cracking down on people who have nothing better to do than flame other people for liking this game.

What you did was fair and very thoughtful but I doubt it will help any TBH.

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118
    I think the changes make perfect sense, and dont understand all the uproar about them.  One thing though, I think the "Were mad at SOE thread belongs in the Vet Refuge forum"  .....    image

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,165
    Originally posted by chlaos

I think the changes make perfect sense, and dont understand all the uproar about them.  One thing though, I think the "Were mad at SOE thread belongs in the Vet Refuge forum"  .....   

O RLY? xD

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SharkypalSharkypal Member Posts: 1,137
    Originally posted by Stradden

Since there seems to be a great deal of confusion about this forum, I thought I'd clear it up.
    This thread was created for members who are interested in this game in its current state. That doesn't mean that you have to like the game, or say only positive things. My intention was to create a place where members could come to discuss the game AS IT IS without being constantly bombarded with posts about the NGE, CU or the other changes that SOE made to this game in the past.
    The bottom line is that a number of people are extremely upset about the changes that were made. We wanted to create an area for them as well (hence the other new forum) so that hopefully everyone would have a place to go where their voice could be heard. What we are trying to avoid is having one side point of view drown out all of the others. Regardless of how you or I personally feel about the situation, whichever "side" we are on, it's fair to say that everyone deserves a reasonable voice.
    So, the bottom line is: Please, use your common sense, the way that you would in any other forum when deciding where to post your threads. In the same way that you wouldn't post about City of Villains in a WoW forum, this particular forum probably isn't the most appropriate place to post strongly about SOE hate over the NGE, or the latest theories of why it was done, etc. There is now a place for that.
    We do not consider one forum to be more important or more "right" than the other. That's why we created two brand new threads rather than only creating one. In an attempt to be un-biased, we want to, like I've said a few times in this post, give everyone a fair voice.
    I hope this explains things for you. I've tried to be as clear as possible.
    Sincerely,
    Jon Wood  

While it may have been a good idea in theory, it quite simply does not work due to the lack of moderation.

You cannot say anything positive about the game because as soon as you do, you will be attacked by the same 4 or 5 people who have made it their mission in life to derail every single thread in the SWG forums.

There is a thread there now entitled "Why SWG Rocks!". It is a blatant attempt to flame the SWG forum by a guy who openly hates the game and it comes as no surprise that it has not been deleted.

The "vets" have their own forums but the same 4 or 5 guys insist on attacking anyone who has anything positive to say about SWG. I fully agree that they have the right to their opinions about the game but when it's the same people EVERY time, it isn't really about one's opinion.

It becomes more about the vindictive, selfish nature of some of these guys who refuse to move on and are happier to hang around here trying to ram their one-sided point of view down everyone's throats.

Simply put, the negativity should be relegated to "The Veteran's refuge". They have every right to their say but the same 4 or 5 guys do NOT have the right to derail everyone else's discussions.

SW:TOR discussion should be kept in the SW:TOR forums and SWG/SOE hatred should stay in "The Veteran's refuge".

Thats not to say that people shouldn't be allowed to talk about the game's problems and deficiencies in the SWG forum, all Im saying is that the little crew of people who are consistently responsible for bringing absolutely nothing positive or objective to the table have their hate posts confined to "The Veteran's Refuge".

Sincerely,

S

• TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575

Hey, thats not a flame post!

Thats my persoan thoughts on SWG, and NGE do ROCK!

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

• chrislekochrisleko Member Posts: 200

...way to bring up a post that was two years old.

Originally posted by Trubaduren

And a liar as well.

How nice :)

S

Originally posted by Sharkypal

And a liar as well.

S

It would seem that every thread you post in gets flamed, locked, posts deleted, people get banned, including you. And you like making snyde remarks like this to stir up tempers. Could the problem actually be YOU? I think it is. Obraik never causes this much trouble.

SWG Bloodfin vet

Originally posted by tillamook

And a liar as well.

S

It would seem that every thread you post in gets flamed, locked, posts deleted, people get banned, including you. And you like making snyde remarks like this to stir up tempers. Could the problem actually be YOU? I think it is. Obraik never causes this much trouble.

Buddy, I made a legitimate post and of course, one of the regular "vet " hatemongers came and posted what amounts to a lie.

You need to check yourself. I have no respect for a guy that makes claims and then when he is called on to substantiate them, posts links to what is common knowledge about SW:TOR and not the "insider info" he claimed to be privy to. When that didnt work you tried to change the subject, and you never did answer the question.

Secondly, just to clarify, I never said that only 4 or 5 people hated the NGE/SWG. There are literally thousands that do. I said it was the same 4 or 5 people who CONSTANTLY derailed threads with their negativity and unobjective sarcasm (and you are one of them). There are plenty of people who don't like the game but don't feel the need to attack others for their difference of opinion.

Finally, "causing trouble" according to you seems to mean having a difference of opinion. It seems that when people don't bow to your endless hatred of SWG, they are "causing trouble". Maybe you should confine your negativity, hatred and derailment operations to the SW:TOR and Veteran's refuge forums respectively.

Enjoy the rest of this conversation with yourself me old china, because it's ignore for you :)

Take care,

Lighten up Francis.....your likely to get a hell of a rash with your panites all twisted up like that.   Just worried about your health is all.   

/cheers    

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

Lighten up Francis.....your likely to get a hell of a rash with your panites all twisted up like that.   Just worried about your health is all.   
    /cheers    

Lol, my health is A1. And that type of condescending nonsense makes me laugh, so don't waste your time :)

S

/cheers    

Lol, my health is A1. And that type condescending nonsense makes me laugh, so don't waste your time :)

S

The point was to make you laugh.  You seem far too worked up over a game forum, just trying to lighten the mood. 

/cheers    

Lol, my health is A1. And that type condescending nonsense makes me laugh, so don't waste your time :)

S

The point was to make you laugh.  You seem far too worked up over a game forum, just trying to lighten the mood. 

Lol, talk to some of your friends about "worked up". They've been worked up for three years and are hell bent on attacking anyone who doesn't share their opinion well into eternity.

Off to play SWG, hope you enjoy whatever you are playing :)

S

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Go Go NGE Defendersquad!!!

Form of... a chihuahua

Shape of... an ice spatula

Lighten up babe. Chlaos was just trying to brighten your mood. Seems playing the nge let you a bit tetchy and defensive. It's happy fun playtime!!!

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Originally posted by Shayde

Go Go NGE Defendersquad!!!

Form of... a chihuahua
    Shape of... an ice spatula

Lighten up babe. Chlaos was just trying to brighten your mood. Seems playing the nge let you a bit tetchy and defensive. It's happy fun playtime!!!

Wow, the ultimate hater :)

Whats up dude, its been ages.

Im totally lightened up man, just want to be free to voice my opinion without getting ganked. Im sure you understand despite our age old difference of opinion.

Conversely, I know you people love to use that "Dont get worked up" thing and it is hilarious, but if Im worked up, what are you people who have been hating on a video game for three years?

- Super worked up?

- Ultra worked up?

Food for thought eh?

S

That time has passed A LONG time ago, we are not worked up about SOE/LA/SMED or whatever the heck. Simply we got screwd over by SOE/LA big time, they lied, they lied again and they lied some more.

I think its pretty retarded you seem to think we don't have a reason at all to be the slightest mad at SOE/LA to begin with, that we don't have that right, which indeed is funny.

We have all the right in the world to be mad at them, but still we don't act they way you do.

"Z0MG NGE, ME PLAY, FUUUUUUUUN, TRIC OR TREAT"

Yay, pumpkin

If you would really think, we don't "troll" the game, we just "troll" the players 

That time has passed A LONG time ago, we are not worked up about SOE/LA/SMED or whatever the heck. Simply we got screwd over by SOE/LA big time, they lied, they lied again and they lied some more.
    I think its pretty retarded you seem to think we don't have a reason at all to be the slightest mad at SOE/LA to begin with, that we don't have that right, which indeed is funny.
    We have all the right in the world to be mad at them, but still we don't act they way you do.
    "Z0MG NGE, ME PLAY, FUUUUUUUUN, TRIC OR TREAT"
    No thanks.
    If you really would think, we don't "troll" the game, we "troll" the players actually.

I simply advocate moving on and believe you me I was just as angry when the NGE hit. I think you have every reason to be angry but you have no right to attack people who enjoy the game. That is NOT your right and it never will be.

There are only a handful of "vets" with whom I take issue. Most of them are very moderate people who feel ripped off etc but DONT attack other posters who dont share their opinion. They aren't happy with SWG but they dont wish to detract from someone else's enjoyment. That's the right attitude.

For example, I think SW:TOR will suck. I don't go on the SW:TOR forums and ram that down anyone's throat. It's not necessary, just like attacking people for liking something that you dont happen to like isn't necessary.

See how that works?

S

PS : The halloween thing was one of the worst things they have ever done.

I myself, do not "attack" people.

I just live in the same denial as you guys do, its my right to say how i feel the game is at it's current stage.

And thats my right

I just live in the same denial as you guys do, its my right to say how i feel the game is at it's current stage.
    And thats my right

If you'd bother to read my posts you'd know that I think SWG has its share of problems and I have said more than once that it is the people I know in game that have kept me around for as long as I have been.

No denial here! We have spent hour upon hour ripping SWG a new one in the wee hours on voice comms, but I still have fun and thats all that counts.

S

And thats my right

If you'd bother to read my posts you'd know that I think SWG has its share of problems and I have said more than once that it is the people I know in game that have kept me around for as long as I have been.

No denial here! We have spent hour upon hour ripping SWG a new one in the wee hours on voice comms, but I still have fun and thats all that counts.

S

Yes you said that, and theres nothing i can say agains you having fun, nor shall i.

Hmmm so based on what that ( one shark guy) says, we can only post about happy / nice things in this forum about SWG, no constructive criticisms? Whatever. The only reason there are 2 forums here is because MMORPG.com got sick of all the reporting coming from the NGE players about people bashing the game. I see bash posts in almost every game forum here, no one else complains. They just reply back and forth and get on with it. The internet is not always a happy nice place.

SWG Bloodfin vet

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Certainly interesting looking back at this thread... Now that things have "come to pass".