Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please answer a few questions for me. :)

VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

I'm considering getting GuildWars for my birthday on Sept 1st.  I played most of the Beta Weekend Events before it was released, but that's about it. 

How is the variety of weapons and armor now?  When I played before, this was my biggest complaint.  There just wasn't enough (ala Diablo 2).  Sure there was different types like Bone and such, and each type seemed to give a different effect (a little), but the power among these were weak.  For example....you'd get your first chest piece, and the AC might be like 20, then when you finally make it to level 20 and get the best chest piece you can find, the AC might be like 25 or 30 lol.   Not what you'd expect for a 20 level difference.  Same goes with weapons.  Sure the crafted stuff seems to be the best stuff, but again, the increases were very weak IMO.  Has this changed?

Other than that, I don't remember having too many complaints, other than having to grind grind grind for crafting supplies and such.  The instancing is fine to me, and I love the fact I can hire henchmen (I have a limited amount of time to play). 

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Vhayne

Comments

• CaptainRPGCaptainRPG Member Posts: 794

How is the variety of weapons and armor now?

Only 5 sets of armors. (5th being fusion armor), very few shields designs and very few axe designs. Not much has changed since you left.

Sure there was different types like Bone and such, and each type seemed to give a different effect (a little), but the power among these were weak.  For example....you'd get your first chest piece, and the AC might be like 20, then when you finally make it to level 20 and get the best chest piece you can find, the AC might be like 25 or 30 lol.   Not what you'd expect for a 20 level difference.  Same goes with weapons.  Sure the crafted stuff seems to be the best stuff, but again, the increases were very weak IMO.  Has this changed?

Crafting is still the same as it was in Beta, but now it's just harder to find compenents for armor and weapons thanks to a patch that came out a month after beta. The huges complaint in the game now is the lack of gaining money and finding compenents for your armor set, especially if you are a warrior.

• IrimisIrimis Member Posts: 3

The armor now is alot higher than that of the first armor after searing. Warrior goes up to 85/80 ranger goes up to 70, monk 60, rest not to sure those are my chars. But as far as getting what the other guy was saying it is not hard to get money. The crafting material can be easily found and bought, When you get to the armor at the end there is armor for 1.5k and 15k. they have the same stats but the 15k is a different look and shows that you spent more time in making it. The 15k armor gives you more to aim for as in the material needed cost more to begin with and if you want Fissure armor, the cost goes to 15k a peice and about another 10k*45 for ectoplasm and 5k*45k for shards. So there is alot more going on with the game as armor and weapons. The trading market is huge and guildwarsguru.com has sections just for trading.

Any one that knows the game is able to make abour 10k an hour gold not including the runes and other rare weapons that you find. Think max I made 120k in an hour because i found some great weapon upgrades worth 75k in one run. When you get more exp in the game material and money is not a problem, find perfect weapons is hard, as the last perfect sword i had sold for 750k.

Also forgot that for most things that you can not get from drops there is crafters on the map that will make special material from basic material, or if you have a lot of money you can just go to the rare materail crafter and buy them.

• ElkariElkari Member Posts: 47
      I suggest you gather as many crafting items you can carry in Pre-Searing as well as money and dyes.  Each carrying slot can hold 255 items of the same material.  Any item you pick up that you cannot use, trade or get 20g from the merchant for, SALVAGE!!  That way when you do go through the academy to get to Post-Searing.  You will have enough material and money to go to the better of the two armor crafters in Ascalon City.   Remember dyes sell for hundreds of gold to other players in Post-Searing.  Some colors you can even get a few platinum for (image).