Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neocron "2" release a failure

2»

Comments

• Dirk_GentlyDirk_Gently Member Posts: 193

You must have the same computer that MJS always played the game on ;)

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• EmilinEmilin Member Posts: 94

Sad thing is this game had an awesome concept. A friend and I played it through the trial with the DOY expansion. It was still fun. I liked the fact that you didn't have to spend weeks into the game to get vehicle.
    One thing that realy ruined my gameplay is hunting in the wild with our higher level friends when some guy just comes and kills us all... over and over and over (since we saved at a nearby terminal). Realy ruined it.
    I was hoping the game would be harsh and PVP oriented, but this kind of stuff was just horrible. A level 80+ (or whatever level her was) killing lvl 15-20s and some mid 40s. When I asked him "Can you please stop you are ruining our fun?" the reply was "need faction sry"

No wonder this game is a ghost town.

• mendalmendal Member UncommonPosts: 13
    When you take out your LE chip and engage in pvp that will happen, don't like it put the chip back in and don't engage in pvp.
  • flipflopflipflop Member Posts: 7
    Just unsubscribed from this mess of a game, too many bugs to mention, not enough to keep me interested really, plus the whole system seems flawed. I think I have just wasted my hard earned cash on this stuf, oh well.
  • Dirk_GentlyDirk_Gently Member Posts: 193

Originally posted by mendal
    When you take out your LE chip and engage in pvp that will happen, don't like it put the chip back in and don't engage in pvp.

But then you can't join a clan or have they changed that???

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• freebassxfreebassx Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by Dirk_Gently
    Originally posted by mendal

But then you can't join a clan or have they changed that???

No, they haven't..

I logged in, not to long ago.. Last for about 2 days before I removed it from my system again. The game is just not any more different than when I originally left. This is what I can say about its current state.

- Still low server populations, between 100 - 200 people.. Most of these people are in in the Top 10 clans within the game, so no variety in clans anymore. I guess if you like to solo hunting mobs, its the best time to do it, since populations are so low, chances of running into anyone is low. Compared to the old days when you were always checking over your shoulder before engaging against a mob.

- DoY (city) is still a mess.. lots of doors that go into areas that have nothing in them... Still the same maze to get around... and no one is ever around. Its just not FUNCTIONAL for any kind of city dwelling, so you'll find most DoY faction members at TH.

- Bandwagoners dominate the scene, but this is no different than any the MMORPG out there.

- PPUs are still demigods.. APUs still rape in combat.

- No REAL new content compared to when we tried closed/open/retail version of NC2. The next patch will have new bars for DoY *spin my finger* Wow.. how exciting.

- Dungeons look the same, or they've did some little additions in an attempt to make them look different. Oh, the best is when I went into a DoY area and it was a NeoFrag map with some minor changes to make it look different.

- Most RARE chips (SF, SS, ect) drop in the Tunnels now, so no need to farm mobs to get rare parts for them anymore.

The only way this game would've survived between versions is offering a completely new map / area for us to game in, and not JUST DoY city or Hacknet (which is still a mess). Most expansions for any MMORPG out there offer a whole new map / area to explore, quest, hunt ect ect in.

But, it really comes across that NC2 is geared towards the newbz, and not the vets.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

it fills me with joy that neocron 2 is dead. ::::01::

• NullyNully Member Posts: 114

I beta tested NC2 and back then it was FULL of bugs i mean alot.

When it was slated for release pretty much everyone in the beta said NOOO ITS TOO SOON TO RELEASE IT!

but of course they did.

DOY was way to much of a maze so DOY enemys could get in the city and it would be nearly impossible to find them.

for a while there was a sniper in the city and no one could find him cause theres so many shadows...

hacknet....well hacknet was buggy and was insane to get around in (falling off the side sucks)

NC1 was much better and NC2 should have released as a free expansion like they said it was going to be.

DARN YOU KK YOU RUINED NC EVEN MORE!!

Originally posted by Nully
    I beta tested NC2 and back then it was FULL of bugs i mean alot. When it was slated for release pretty much everyone in the beta said NOOO ITS TOO SOON TO RELEASE IT!but of course they did.DOY was way to much of a maze so DOY enemys could get in the city and it would be nearly impossible to find them.for a while there was a sniper in the city and no one could find him cause theres so many shadows...hacknet....well hacknet was buggy and was insane to get around in (falling off the side sucks)NC1 was much better and NC2 should have released as a free expansion like they said it was going to be.
    DARN YOU KK YOU RUINED NC EVEN MORE!!

/AGREED

Too bad that KK felt that only have a few fulltime devs would cut it for upholding and maintaining a game. The quality of coding in that game, makes it very easy to assume that they have few fulltime devs, and that they hire college programming students to work for the sweat shop.

Needless to say, when Retrobooster left KK, that was quite a blow to them and the game suffered for it ever since.

Originally posted by pirrg
    it fills me with joy that neocron 2 is dead. ::::01::

LOL.. Not to burst the joy bubble..

NC2 is not quite dead, but its populations are dwindling on the razors edge for quite awhile now. They just banned an undisclosed amount of players for using various hacks, which I don't disagree with them doing it, but its probably hurting their numbers even more now.

I've also been talking to some friends who I used to play the original NC with, and a bunch of them have ran back to NC1 (Uranus is still up) to play there now.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

wtf is this game STILL alive? im guessing that like a drowning man neocron is taking its last desperate kicks.

when face of mankind is released this game will finally die

• demon-surgedemon-surge Member Posts: 67

Just done some raiding in BWL (wow) and decided to randomly check sites.

Decided to click neocron to have a laugh, its amusing nidhogg (someone who Ive had problems in the past for making stuff up and not being straight a couple years ago) is still around. Goes to show you what sort of leadership they have (lack).

I have to give props for finding people willing to still support what went from a decent game to an absolute and outright bundle of lies, but I have to take away points for have no morales and continuing to do so. At some point realize life is more than a cash grab and find something that you dont merely have to milk to get by.

That being said, enjoy your so called sequel!

• MaverickrollMaverickroll Member UncommonPosts: 123

cancelled my account today

failed promises for so long

server populations at all time lows (15% during peak times on a peak day)

unless you're in a top clan, you spend most of your time looking for other actual human players to interact with either in hunting or pvp. good luck fnding someone unless you just go between the main three zones with people ;

waste of time, waste of money, potentially a great game yet KK fucks it up time and time again

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

wonder how many people have to leave before KK learn.

on the nid thing, never had a problem with him on forum, wasnt happy about him not letting a few of us kill some Fa guys back in the day tho image

Originally posted by ezza
    wonder how many people have to leave before KK learn.

on the nid thing, never had a problem with him on forum, wasnt happy about him not letting a few of us kill some Fa guys back in the day tho image

So many have left, and KK still hasn't learned from it.. and I don't think they ever will.

As for Nid, never had major problems with him.. though I've disagreed with *some* of his strongarm tactics in the forums, but its KK's forum and they'll do as they please. Thats why we got MMORPG.com NC forums :)

As for him getting involved with the FA problem (speaking purely for Pluto), I don't remember him showing up, I know a few other GMs showed up due to some raiders using the TH Apt Block bug. And when a few FA clans were at war with one another, and one of them called a GM cause they were accusing the other clan of greifing them..

GAWD, I miss the clan / op / inter-faction wars... but the bugs aren't worth my time anymore.

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575

I played NC and i liked kinda what i seen wasnt my type of game games like this only last because of the loyal playerbase that stays and pays and plays other than that the game wont see many many newbies cept the few that drop in just to check out the free play.

• rigghawkrigghawk Member Posts: 22

As one of those newbies that tried the trial. (and didnt keep playing) here are my observations.

Game does crash frequently, I'd say on the average of once per hour I'd crash out of game without reason

Lots of of apparent choices on characters, but starting character classses are not balanced (monks have huge advantage)

Didnt really like that running ran you out of endurance in relatively short order, considering the slow pace of walking. Really dont like paying to spend most of my time walking around. the one thing that can speed up travel, causes your skills to degrade (temporarily) everytime you use it... lol

I liked the gritty feel to the game.

I liked that it was a science fiction/cyberpunk game

Character looks were extremely limited. Especially sad what that the female warrior type had a mans crotch. (if you like the crossdressing look then more power to you)

The game lore was good, but Anarchy online which is a much older game has this game beat hands down.

Frequent transition zones got tiring after awhile, really, I expect newer games to achieve a more zoneless feel.

Anyways, even though I am searching for a sci-fi mmorpg to play, it is kinda telling that I wasnt willing to pay to play this game. I simply wont pay for a release game with frequent crashes, limited questing, limited character graphics, and that I will spend more time holding down the run key then involved in any enjoyable activity.

Rigghawk ::::05::

Rigghawk

• NC2-fan-boyNC2-fan-boy Member Posts: 13

So what your saying is you didn't really know anything about the game. If you did you would know there are stam boosters, so when you are out of stam and start walking you just use one of those and your going full speed again. And also that you are only that slow for about 2-3 hrs of leveling, you will get alot faster when you start leveling and puting points in agility and athletics.
    Yes we need more looks in the game.
    Yes the crashes suck.
    Yes the questing is limited, but this isn't the type of game you say "i'm bored, i'm gona go do a quest". It's more of a "i'm bored, I think I will go look for some PvP"

• 51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222

Originally posted by NC2-fan-boy

It's more of a "i'm bored, I think I will go look for some PvP"

Thats exactly what put me off playing, the communities singlemindedness that PvP is the be all and end all of Neocron made for a very boring game if you either werent in the mood for PvP, didn't like getting ganked all the time (since there are no rank restrictions on PvP) and didnt want to keep your LE in (for example you wanted a clan to keep your friends togethere)

The community is as much to blame for the drop in players as KK are, I dont know if the PvP server has made the remaining servers more enjoyable to play one, to be honest I have no intention of finding out as I've moved on to other games (the NC2 character transfer was basically the last straw for me)