Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does SWTOR think it's 2004?

13»

Comments

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by mcburly

Originally posted by Myria

Originally posted by virindi1

The original points remains though: it is 2012; SWTOR is an old, outdated, WOW clone.

Old and outdated sold 2 million boxes and, at last count, had 1.7million people paying to play.

Seriously, before declaring the death of the WoW model shouldn't people wait to actually see one of these games die -- last I checked WoW still had more subs than pretty much everything else combined, Rift was doing well enough, and ToR is chugging along despite the endless vitriol hurled at it around here -- or maybe one of these "new wave" MMOs to do something other than make a big arsed crater in the market?

Just a thought.

Nah, why do that when you can declare WoW dead and ToR going FtP any minute now?

Seriously, I don't even like the damn game, would you people stop vomiting up so much stupid that basic fairness requires defending it?

at least some people seem to have a little common sense. I barely come here and post on these forums cause its just a terrible community of people who cant stick with a game and just bash games endlessly while proclaiming the next mmo thats coming out to be the "gamechanger" (GW2 being the unfortunate one claiming this title now). A month after that game comes out this site will be filled with hate posts about how "fail" GW2 is.

The reality is SWTOR is doing pretty well, GW2 willl do pretty well. If you constantly have to come here and predict or say a game is fail, it must be because you need to reassure yourself of it. Peace out

Props to the both of you. Well said.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

Originally posted by mcburly

at least some people seem to have a little common sense. I barely come here and post on these forums cause its just a terrible community of people who cant stick with a game and just bash games endlessly while proclaiming the next mmo thats coming out to be the "gamechanger" (GW2 being the unfortunate one claiming this title now). A month after that game comes out this site will be filled with hate posts about how "fail" GW2 is.

The reality is SWTOR is doing pretty well, GW2 willl do pretty well. If you constantly have to come here and predict or say a game is fail, it must be because you need to reassure yourself of it. Peace out

I don't know about you, but I don't consider a game where people are leaving because the servers are ghosts towns to be "doing pretty well".

Whatever momentum SWTOR has is simply leftover hype from pre-launch. SWTOR may have sold a lot of boxes but that doesn't mean anything if they can't keep those players (which it is not).

SWTOR is a complete repeat of WAR: Huge hype, strong release, crash and burn after a couple of months.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

1) Poor priorities

2) Publisher not willing to wait for the game to be ready for the market

The game will be closer to ready after Patch 1.2, but even that is not really where it needed to be.  There's still time for them to add the necessary features, but the longer it takes the fewer people that have left will be willing to return.

I'm still pretty sure I'll return at some point.  I just haven't read anything that will even tempt me a little bit.  My guess is they are atleast a year away from adding multiplayer space sim content which would be something to get me back.

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

OP's post is dead on!

I can't wait for the next generation of MMO's.

In the mean time I am loving Entropia Universe.  Shamless plug sorry.