Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Common MMO forum clich

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Originally posted by Nadia

mmo vet  - what does this even mean ?

It's nerd slang for "street cred"

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the term vet gets tossed around loosely

and it can apply to anyone whos played a few rpg games

using the label old school makes sense to me,  but vet doesnt

but i guess thats just me

• z80paranoiaz80paranoia Member Posts: 410

most heated arguments on this forum devolve into a variation of:
    "you are not me and that is bad"

Guild Wars 2 is my religion

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

"This game is clearly NOT for you"   ... to anyone who doesn't like aspects of a game's design or implementation, even comments about bugs.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

"The fact that McDonalds serves yucky food and yet is the largest selling restaraunt in the world, has NOTHING to do with my game being the BEST ever because it has millions of players"

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Oxymorons such as: "Soloable group dungeons" or "Soloable endgame raiding".

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

"Well "x" should have been included at launch" .

Where "x" = any MMO feature you've ever known ,seen,heard of or imagined from every MMO ever or yet created and then added together.

Originally posted by Somsbal

"breaks my immersion"

Agreed!  Seen very frequently.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

"i think some people just want X company to fail."

I've got the straight edge.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

"The fact that McDonalds serves yucky food and yet is the largest selling restaraunt in the world, has NOTHING to do with my game being the BEST ever because it has millions of players"

But...but...

This is my favorite counter to the "this is a great game because it sold so many copies..." argument. What else can I say now? image

• dudeduder45dudeduder45 Member Posts: 67
    If I were a pro troll, I would pick somebody from this list and reply to all of their posts with the cliche they hate.
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Originally posted by TROLL_HARD

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

But...but...

This is my favorite counter to the "this is a great game because it sold so many copies..." argument. What else can I say now? image

You can still say it, because it's true. People consume products in mass quantities all the time with no correlation to certain variables.

The only thing popularity proves is popularity.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Originally posted by ignore_me

Originally posted

The only thing popularity proves is popularity.

Agreed.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by Vesavius

Originally posted by TROLL_HARD

Originally posted by spookydom

Sticky this thread. It should be required reading.

I know. But the people who need to read it aren't going to read it.

I have another one... People that think everyone else is the problem when they are as bad.

Edit for drunk rudeness*

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

I will readily admit this is one I am guilty of...

Can I please have a Guild Wars 2 fanboi filter on these god damned forums?

• AVaherAVaher Member Posts: 4

"LOL! Forum join date 2012. What do you know about this game, noob?"

• Raiyu_DefiedRaiyu_Defied Member UncommonPosts: 23

'WoW ruined the MMO genre'

If WoW was ruining the MMO genre, why did everyone continue to support it for so long. :S

'I have long since closed my eyes... My only goal is in the Darkness.'

• DissolutionDissolution Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by AVaher

So a forum account with a join date 3 years old and 4 posts makes you superior in what way? LOL @ your LOL.

Remember: Im rubber and your glue...

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by Dissolution

So a forum account with a join date 3 years old and 4 posts makes you superior in what way? LOL @ your LOL. Remember: Im rubber and your glue...

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

So a forum account with a join date 3 years old and 4 posts makes you superior in what way? LOL @ your LOL. Remember: Im rubber and your glue...

Thanks, that saves me from finding a facepalm picture
  • LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

My favourites on the topic of a game sub:

"It's like buying a Ferarri..."

"it's all P2W"

"They did a bait-n-switch!!!!!"

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

I love it when people call an mmo a "money grab". Especially ones that involve upwards of 100+ people over the course of 4+ years and tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars. Yes, is all just an elaborate scheme to purposely make a crap game for a quick buck.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

Originally posted by RefMinor

Jesus. That was a post I would have just assume take back.

I'll blame the rack of Dunkel Weisen for allowing that post to go way over my head.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by RefMinorOriginally posted by Somsbal

Please elaborate on the faceplam. I don't see how disregarding the opinion of another due to their join date is in any way justified. If I misunderstood sarcasm I will accept that, but I didnt see any evidence that is what it was.

Yeah, the rubber and glue Im going to blame on a rack of Dunkel Weisen, but the point remains the same.

His original post was an example of a forum cliche. Thats what this thread is about. You took it literally and went on the defensive. When actually, he was just giving an example of something dumb people say around here.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

Originally posted by DannyGlover

Originally posted by RefMinorOriginally posted by Somsbal

Please elaborate on the faceplam. I don't see how disregarding the opinion of another due to their join date is in any way justified. If I misunderstood sarcasm I will accept that, but I didnt see any evidence that is what it was.

Yeah, the rubber and glue Im going to blame on a rack of Dunkel Weisen, but the point remains the same.

His original post was an example of a forum cliche. Thats what this thread is about. You took it literally and went on the defensive. When actually, he was just giving an example of something dumb people say around here.

Yeah, apologies. I edited last post after I realized what a dumbass I was when I read it. Had this happen to me on another post where I got called out for my join date so I went way into left field on that.

Faceplam well deserved.