Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF modern group based single player RPG (like Wiz/BT/M&M)

MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

looking for something to kill some time with, I truly miss the originals of Wizardry, Might and Magic and Bard's Tales, was wondering if there is anythin created in the last 5 years, that is similar with some new updated graphics.

Musts

Must be able to create my own group, entirely, aka not Baldurs Gate/IWD find members

must have some nice flexibility like Wiz 8 kinda, I like the optional turnbased/continous combat options of Might and Magic the later additions also

doesnt need to be free, but dont want to spend alot on it, ($30).  I was gonna buy the Archives or Wizardry set, but thats just a ridiculous prices for it, and I dont know if it will port to Win 7

thanks in advance

Comments

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

buy Dragon Age ultimate it has DA Origins & Awakening expansion for about $30 bucks or just get DAO for about $20 bucks.

then there is Mass Effect 2 for like $20 bucks and if you want more old school get yourself Neverwinter Nights platinum you get the core game and some expansions not sure how much it is but should be cheap.

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• DarkagesDarkages Member UncommonPosts: 96

Have you played Might & Magic Heroes VI yet, it might be abit higher then $30 though.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Legend of Grimrock will release the 11th ...

get it ... nuff said.........

GoG is takin preorders at a discount

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/legend_of_grimrock?pp=f6e1126cedebf23e1463aee73f9df08783640400

And is also available on Steam ..

here is the homepage ..

http://www.grimrock.net/

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Originally posted by Darkages

Have you played Might & Magic Heroes VI yet, it might be abit higher then $30 though.

When people say Might and Magic and Wizardry 8 in the same sentence, they are not talking about MM Heroes

To the OP. There really isn't any games likes Wizardry 8 and Might & Magic. They don't make them like that anymore. The closest you will get is Skyrim and even then not even remotely similar

Maybe try the Neverwinter Nights games. They have team based gameplay

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by SlyGamer79

buy Dragon Age ultimate it has DA Origins & Awakening expansion for about $30 bucks or just get DAO for about $20 bucks.

Or you can get a DA:Ultimate and DA2 pack for $9.99 DL from Amazon right now.   Dunno how long the deal lasts though.  You cna also get Mass Effect 1 & 2 for $5.99 each from Amazon.

For Neverwinter Nights you have many options, depending on what expansions you want, also from Amazon for $27.99 and less.

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

I recommend Skyrim. You start off by yourself, but later you can get a companion+dog+summon, and if you get it for PC, you can get a large group going with mods.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Originally posted by Myrdynn

Musts

Must be able to create my own group, entirely, aka not Baldurs Gate/IWD find members

I don't know why people are suggesting NWN. Even NWN2 fails miserably on this one :P Also anything Dragon Age and Mass Effect won't pass this check.

Having said that, if you drop this requirement, then I'd aslo throw my suggestion for NWN and DA:O (I'd vote skip DA2, personally).

By the way, I find it odd you included IWD with Baldur's Gate, because you created your party from scratch in IWD and there isn't any point at which you find members (at least in 1, never finished IWD2 -- it's on of my "must do" list)