Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ATI Radeon IGP 345M graphics AND is GW good for beginners?

Fid9735Fid9735 Member Posts: 10

Hiya,

After posting in the main forums for recommendations on a good game, loads suggested guildwars. I've looked at it, and it looks cool!

Anyways, I'm wondering if it will run on my laptop (more details below)... so any advice please! I'm pretty sure if it doesn't work I won't be able to return it as there's a card in it which has to be activated for online play, and I doubt they would take it back (as im pretty sure you'd have to see if you could play online first!

ALSO... is this game any good for total beginners to MMORPG's (except for a bit of runescape?)

My laptop has...

Sony Vaio K series
512mb total ram
2.9ghz processor
ATI RADEON IGP 345M GRAPHICS with settable 64 or 128mb ram.
I've also got 2mb wanadoo broadband.

So, any advice please asap so I can make the decision whether or not I should but it tomorrow?!

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Deadaye13Deadaye13 Member Posts: 106

Guild Wars is NOT a beginner's game. It does require some strategy, especially in PvP. or GvG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
    Achiever 86%
    Killer 80%
    Explorer 26%
    Socializer 6%

• Shab_NiguratShab_Nigurat Member Posts: 64

If u need a game for begginers try WoW. Its very easy.

• MunkaMunka Member UncommonPosts: 252

It should play ok, might want to play around with the settings though, to get the best performace from you laptop.

GW is not hard to learn, it's accually fairly simple, and I'd imagine you'll catch on quick. Just keep and open mind and don't be afraid to ask questions.

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/index.php

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Originally posted by Deadaye13

Guild Wars is NOT a beginner's game. It does require some strategy, especially in PvP. or GvG

Complete nonsense. One of the main features of Guild Wars is it's ease to get into. To the original poster, Guild Wars is not a hard game to learn at all. While there is some strategy involved in the PvP aspect, by the time you get around to really exploring that part of the game, you'll be well on your way to knowing what you are doing.