Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

200,000 beta invites sent in 48 hours....

Comments

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

It is now up to 300k added in the past couple days, and that doesn´t include the first wave of people that got in on day 1.

Honestly, I think Blizzard has bitten off more than they can chew.  I think when they dreamed up the annual pass they never expected 1M people to go for it.   I think they have the ´real´beta testers on a different server and have added the AP people to other servers..  300k people giving feedback in the first week of a beta is way to much noise.

One thing though, it really shoots down the haters when they talk about all of WOWs subscribers being cafe players from China.  This is only available for people in the USA and certain countries in Europe and they had 1M sign up in the first month for it.  That number is probably much higher now.

.adslot-overlay {position: absolute; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.65); border: 2px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.65); color: white !important; margin: 0; 2147483647; text-decoration: none; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: left;}.adslot-overlay-iframed {top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0;}.slotname {position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertical-align: middle; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden;}.slotname span {text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-transform: capitalize;}.revenue {position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 11px; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertial-align: middle; text-align: left; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); font-weight: bold; text-overflow: ellipsis; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap;}.revenue .name {color: #ccc;}.revenue .horizontal .metric {display: inline-block; padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .horizontal .name {padding-right: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .metric {display: block; line-height: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .name, .revenue .vertical .value {display: block;}.revenue .square .metric, .revenue .button .metric {display: table-row;}.revenue .square .metric {line-height: 1.5em;}.revenue .square .name, .revenue .square .value, .revenue .button .value {display: table-cell;}.revenue .square .name {padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .button .name {display: block; margin-right: 0.5em; width: 1em; overflow: hidden; text-overflow: clip;}.revenue .button .name:first-letter {margin-right: 1.5em;}a.adslot-overlay:hover {border: 2px solid rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover {cursor: not-allowed; border: 2px solid rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

I was part of wave 2, and it's not even playable on weekends or primetime, too much lag. Well, at least in panda land, and the one 85-86 zone that's available. Lucky for me, I work off hours and can play/test during weekdays. I've found a few issues, but most of the missing stuff or broken things are listed as known issues, or have placeholder text in the game.

I can say, the ability distribution for Monks needs a lot of work.

Additionally, I'm not so certain Blizzard would offer guranteed beta slots for another Annual Pass. Although, something like a SC2/D3 expansion might not be as much of an issue as it is for WoW.

Although, if annual pass 2013 included a Titan Beta I could see them breaking 1 million annual pass accounts.

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

Seems like they fired off another wave of 250K invites. Guess what I found in my inbox? Yup... downloading as we speak. It's going to be interesting to see how laggy it is in pandaland. Should be around half a million invites by now? That means they still got a lot more to send out if the 1+ million number is correct image

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

A beta invite sent does not equate to a beta being played. Much less over a period of time.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/