Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CBT4 wrap up info...

CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

A post hilighting some of the numbers in CBT4 -  http://archeagesource.com/topic/707-cbt4-statistics/page__view__findpost__p__10382

The Official CBT4 wrap up video -  http://archeagesource.com/topic/715-official-cbt4-conclusion-video/page__view__findpost__p__10496     Sadly it is in Korean as usual

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

*wishes he was Korean to play it sooner*

Nice vid.

I imagine that an eventual head start will be very worthwhile in this game because of the colonizing aspect. There will be a limited supply of really nice places to build your house I suppose; it will be like a god rush the first weeks; everyone trying to stake a claim as soon as possible.

On that note I also wonder what they are planning with houses / farms which are abandoned and how much players a server will support.

Really liked that outro too where the camera moves backwards over the world ending up in the AA logo.

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by DarkPony

Nice vid.

I imagine that an eventual head start will be very worthwhile in this game because of the colonizing aspect. There will be a limited supply of really nice places to build your house I suppose; it will be like a god rush the first weeks; everyone trying to stake a claim as soon as possible.

On that note I also wonder what they are planning with houses / farms which are abandoned and how much players a server will support.

Really liked that outro too where the camera moves backwards over the world ending up in the AA logo.

OMG DarkPony what happened to SWTOR man? I use to see your name fighting everyone as a SWTOR fanboi and your sig was DarkPony Jabba the Hut style. I never said anything bad about SWTOR cause I never tried it since I like only fantasy style (sword/magic not laser/guns), but you were going so strong defending SWTOR and now you have interest in ArchAge? Nothing wrong with that really cause ArchAge looks very promissing is just that when I go fanboi on a game I don't let go in few months.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Originally posted by RedKatana

Nice vid.

OMG DarkPony what happened to SWTOR man? I use to see your name fighting everyone as a SWTOR fanboi and your sig was DarkPony Jabba the Hut style. I never said anything bad about SWTOR cause I never tried it since I like only fantasy style (sword/magic not laser/guns), but you were going so strong defending SWTOR and now you have interest in ArchAge? Nothing wrong with that really cause ArchAge looks very promissing is just that when I go fanboi on a game I don't let go in few months.

It doesn't take long to lose fanboi status when you come to find the the gift box with the pretty wrapping paper and gorgeous bow,  is well, totally hollow and devoid of content! lol

I'm looking forward to so much in AA, I just have to hope and pray that when I finally get to tear open the awesome gift box that I find it packed with even more awesomeness, and not the hollow shell too many other MMO's are.

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Archeage looks awesome but do they even have a NA publisher yet?  Are they doing any NA closed beta testing?  Started NA localizations?  Even an official statement that 100% for sure this is coming to NA?

I would *love* to play this game, don't get me wrong.  But from what all I've heard may as well come back in 2013 cause there is nothing happening with Archeage in 2012 (at least in NA).

Nice vid.

Mostly what Cyclops^ said, really.

Fun fact: I was hyped for SWTOR for over a year but reached max level, lost interest and unsubbed before the first sub term hit. V_V

Normally it's like you say: I don't lose interest in a game for a few months at least. (WAR, FE, AoC, Lotro I played 3 months or so). Even GW1 I played a bit longer at launch.(Only EVE and WOW I played longer than a year). But in the case of Swtor I was very disappointed as soon as I hit "endgame".

One restrictive themepark where open world content and immersion take the back seat too much, I guess. Maybe also because I am getting older too and reach that point quicker.

I now realize that I value player freedom and immersion above anything else.

p.s. I was very impressed with AA's ambitions and feature list long before SWTO launched though.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I would happily pay $60 + $15 a month to do the ArcheAge beta.
  • Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Nice vid.

Mostly what Cyclops^ said, really.

Fun fact: I was hyped for SWTOR for over a year but reached max level, lost interest and unsubbed before the first sub term hit. V_V

Normally it's like you say: I don't lose interest in a game for a few months at least. (WAR, FE, AoC, Lotro I played 3 months or so). Even GW1 I played a bit longer at launch.(Only EVE and WOW I played longer than a year). But in the case of Swtor I was very disappointed as soon as I hit "endgame".

One restrictive themepark where open world content and immersion take the back seat too much, I guess. Maybe also because I am getting older too and reach that point quicker.

I now realize that I value player freedom and immersion above anything else.

p.s. I was very impressed with AA's ambitions and feature list long before SWTO launched though.

We need to get you in darkfall.

As for AA...not sure if im sold on this one yet.  Im more interested in TSW and DF 2.0 (whenever that happens at least)

Ill even give GW2 a try just to see if they can do pvp right.

But yeah SWTOR didnt have entertaining PVE for endgame, Ilum their beloved not instanced pvp queueing died last patch (literally no one does it at all now) and all thats left are my fat characters in pvp gear that will be sold for credits next patch and nothing to do but queue queue queue for pvp...

also

Korean games scare me.  Fancy haircuts and boyish features....i want to be feared not in a korean pop band.

Not sure if this games going to appeal to me.  Other than the civilization aspects and building...i recall seeing they have a very limited combat and skill system, and no free form classes?  Last i read (correct me if im wrong) this game had a choose 3 out of 10 skills to roll with?  Ill be damned if i have to roll alts in a sandbox to experience the whole game.  Or is this the case of "if they have player housing and building stuff its a sandbox" misnomers?

Originally posted by Crunchy221

*snipage*

We need to get you in darkfall.

Heh. I dunno. Regarding the "immersion" aspect, DF never really appealed to me; mainly due to its animations and character graphics. Somehow I could never get past those to try it out.

As for AA...not sure if im sold on this one yet.  Im more interested in TSW and DF 2.0 (whenever that happens at least)

Yeah, DF 2.0 sounds very interesting. That might win me over.

Ill even give GW2 a try just to see if they can do pvp right.

Afraid it will be just more pvp in a can, personally. There will be no player danger in the main game world itself. Also: probably too lenient in death penalties. I expect WvWvW to be very similar to WAR RvR; unexciting because dying being a non-factor, zergy and repetitive after a month or so.

But yeah SWTOR didnt have entertaining PVE for endgame, Ilum their beloved not instanced pvp queueing died last patch (literally no one does it at all now) and all thats left are my fat characters in pvp gear that will be sold for credits next patch and nothing to do but queue queue queue for pvp...

Exactly. In that sense even GW2 will probably be a better game. At least they promised us meaningfull "world" pvp from the start and despite my worries, pitching servers against eachother sounds like a great idea.

also

Korean games scare me.  Fancy haircuts and boyish features....i want to be feared not in a korean pop band.

Yup. Especially those modern age bermudas, bathing suits and disco lighting ... wtf. Still, the character creator seems to be good enough to allow for highly personalized looks. Hoping they will address this aspect in the westernization effort.

Not sure if this games going to appeal to me.  Other than the civilization aspects and building...i recall seeing they have a very limited combat and skill system, and no free form classes?  Last i read (correct me if im wrong) this game had a choose 3 out of 10 skills to roll with?  Ill be damned if i have to roll alts in a sandbox to experience the whole game.  Or is this the case of "if they have player housing and building stuff its a sandbox" misnomers?

I don't know much about those specifics but there's extensive sieging, naval combat, house, town and fortress building, an outlaw system with a jail ((FFA pvp and stealing but with consequences) and most of all a huge, seamless world to discover. In addition, the grapics and landscapes seem amazing. To me that is more than enough to keep me primed so far :)

• tdog21tdog21 Member Posts: 6

- There's a person on youtube that has been posting a lot of archeage videos. should check it out. http://www.youtube.com/user/AmaterasuOkamiYami

- Freeform? Being able to pick and choose what skills you will use for your char isn't freeform? Did I miss a meeting somewhere?

- Also you don't have to reroll 100 times to play all the classes. 1 char fits all.

• AmateAmate Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by tdog21

- There's a person on youtube that has been posting a lot of archeage videos. should check it out. http://www.youtube.com/user/AmaterasuOkamiYami

:o !

Thank you for advertising for me good sir. :3

• tdog21tdog21 Member Posts: 6

Np. I enjoy your vids more than yogscast, even tho I haven't a clue whats going on in ur vids half the time. :P

• SkycometSkycomet Member Posts: 4

This game has some cool building features, my only concern is how much of a grind it's going to be to gather resources...