Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF MMO thats diffrent that requires grouping.

SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416

Are there any mmo's out there anymore that are diffrent than the normal wow-like garbage that keeps coming out, that actually is rewarding to say duo or full group in? Prefer f2p if its possible, me and a good friend of mine are bored out of our minds and were kinda looking for something fun to play, graphics do not matter as long as the gameplay is decent.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• SuperdoodSuperdood Member Posts: 3
    RAiderz its a monster hunter mmorpg with unreal engine graphics.
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I'd recommend Vindictus or Dungeons & Dragons Online as fun F2P games that aren't exactly copies of WoW, which are also fun to play in a group.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Can't you make the request without knocking games that other people like?

Have you ever heard of a search engine called Google or even better, the games list on this very site?

• BraavosiBraavosi Member Posts: 149

Lineage 2

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

My clan has popped back into Darkfall. Been having a good time, but the population is scarce.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

I agree DDO is a solid choice.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Vanguard will be going F2P and that has a lot of group content.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

if you can aim, or just love playing the support role:

planetside (2, once it's released/beta),

planetside 1 had a p2p model (and is kinda outdated by now), anyway..

planetside 2 is on the edge of beta.

* free 2 play (with cashshop for style items and so on)

* 3 realms / factions

* huge persistent world being fought in and about

but: it's a shooter. planetside ain't the normal "click your skill and hit your target" mmo, it's a full blooded shooter. if that's nothing that disturbs you, give it a try once it's playable (should be beta very soonish)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Consider LOTRO. It's F2P with a sub option and a cash shop but no need to spend a dime. LOTRO has an excellent community known for its friendliness and tends to attract more mature players.

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

DDO all the way, plenty people playing. Finding groups is not a chore.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

Final Fantasy 11 is a pretty awesome game. It Is subscription based. 12.99 a month if i remember correctly but its is pretty much completely group based. You need a party for everything. Its an old game but its hell of a good one :). The community is pretty awesome as well.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

If graphics aren't a problem for you, EQ is still pretty fun.

As people have mentioned, Vanguard is going F2P soon.

AoC has a F2P model and better graphics.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Originally posted by Twistingfate

Final Fantasy 11 is a pretty awesome game. It Is subscription based. 12.99 a month if i remember correctly but its is pretty much completely group based. You need a party for everything. Its an old game but its hell of a good one :). The community is pretty awesome as well.

I recent update added a whole solo experience to FFXI as well. Groups arn't completely required nowadays.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

IF your looking for somthing different check out Darkfall or Mortal online, you could not get more different from your standard wow type game..

Neither are free to play but both have trials.

They are hardcore PVP orientated games, basically open world with clans free to wage war on each other.

Both games have bugs but if your into PVP more than PVE then i would say give them a go..

Other than that most f2p games a very similar to wow, but the best of the f2p games probally has to be Age of Conan graphics and gameplay are amazing but its the same quest type game as wow..

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by Caldrin

IF your looking for somthing different check out Darkfall or Mortal online, you could not get more different from your standard wow type game..

Neither are free to play but both have trials.

They are hardcore PVP orientated games, basically open world with clans free to wage war on each other.

Both games have bugs but if your into PVP more than PVE then i would say give them a go..

Other than that most f2p games a very similar to wow, but the best of the f2p games probally has to be Age of Conan graphics and gameplay are amazing but its the same quest type game as wow..

Darkfall has actually added quite a bit of PVE content. Though it is NOT a game to take on by yourself. Either get with a good clan, or a good group of friends. It may seem daunting at first but with a little effort you can be pvp viable against the big boys in about 3-6 months depending on your playtime.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• BootezBootez Member UncommonPosts: 72

Originally posted by Thane

if you can aim, or just love playing the support role:

planetside (2, once it's released/beta),

planetside 1 had a p2p model (and is kinda outdated by now), anyway..

planetside 2 is on the edge of beta.

* free 2 play (with cashshop for style items and so on)

* 3 realms / factions

* huge persistent world being fought in and about

but: it's a shooter. planetside ain't the normal "click your skill and hit your target" mmo, it's a full blooded shooter. if that's nothing that disturbs you, give it a try once it's playable (should be beta very soonish)

Planetside is F2P now??

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606

Originally posted by Jaedor

Consider LOTRO. It's F2P with a sub option and a cash shop but no need to spend a dime. LOTRO has an excellent community known for its friendliness and tends to attract more mature players.

Oh really? I found LOTRO to have the second worst community of any game I've ever played. Eve being the worst of course, but at least I still play eve.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

Originally posted by Kazuhiro

Originally posted by Jaedor

Oh really? I found LOTRO to have the second worst community of any game I've ever played. Eve being the worst of course, but at least I still play eve.

That sucks for you, when i tried lotro i found a guild when i knew no1 as a noob and they even went so far as to craft me some epic gear and even gave me money for mount etc. but i got bored of lotro and when i got a new laptop didnt feel like reinstalling it.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

As for a game that requires grouping i havent gotten that far but it would seem TERA with the BAM's and dungeons and overall plain questing...you wont get far without a group and questing in general is fun with more people and was quite easy for me to meet new people in the beta weekend's and had fun grinding the quests.