Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Desperately needed: Ambiance.

2»

Comments

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by Xexv

Originally posted by jonrd463

Originally posted by Xexv

Just wondering jon are you playing Vanguard off a SSD?

Nope. Just a very streamlined SATA drive with very little else on it. I'm also running in "gaming mode", i.e. all unnecessary services and processes shut down. I don't have the latest processor or video card, either. I don't play with ultra high screen resolution, though, which might also account for it. 1440 x 900.

Ah right yeah - was just wondering whether the SSD investment would be worth it for chunking etc.

A SSD is the best thing you can do to improve your Vangaurd performance. it is quite remarkable really. Or run some of the caches, textures and meshes from a RAM drive ( assuming you have ram to spare ).

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    what is a good screen setting to put on for a 24 inch tv? and what is SSD? and good settings to put on for max settings.
  • Pro-PainPro-Pain Member Posts: 141

I used to play and I agree there is a distinct lack of ambience in much of the game's towns.  At one point they were gonna remedy this and started by redoing Khal and adding in alot more stuff and textures and whatnot.  The developers said they were gonna do this to all the major cities but Khal was the only one to get it. 

About the sound effects nothing has ever stuck more out of place to me than the gnomes saying Snuggles! when you talk to them lol.

Anyways it's all in the eye of the beholder.

the struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles

• jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

Originally posted by punkrock

what is a good screen setting to put on for a 24 inch tv? and what is SSD? and good settings to put on for max settings.

Couldn't tell you what rez to use on a TV, but a SSD is a Solid State Drive. Basically, it's like a hard drive that uses non volatile flash memory instead of disks. Like a flash card, but with much higher storage capacity. Since there's no physical aspect to it, i.e. no head moving across a disk surface to search for and access data, the speed is significantly faster than a conventional hard drive.

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

• ArdwulfArdwulf Member UncommonPosts: 283

When in doubt, you should go for the native resolution of any flatscreen display, TVs included.