Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW now taking pre-orders

2»

Comments

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

I really dont like the latest trend in order to buy a game to get access to the beta. Well it's the early-state beta, yes, but we know how greedy some gamers get.

For some, yes I apologize, for myself aswell, Betas were once like not only testing for bugs, even more like a free look at the actual game.

This was in fact the reason why I did not buy Aion back in... well, wasnt that long ago.

Anyway: Are developers frightened, again?

• SyllendaleSyllendale Member UncommonPosts: 162

Originally posted by Charas

I would never pay to beta test a game. If anything they should be paying the testers, not the other way around.

If all the beta testers are infact paying customers do you really think they're gonna bother with bug/exploit reporting? Hell no.

End result is a useless beta phase and most likely a broken game at release.

No thanks.

Ya know, I've beta tested many MMO's and have, infact, reported many a bug and exploit. Your comment is just a simple lack of experience or desire to really make the game you choose to play, a better experience, not just for you but for many others out there. 

Will I pre order this? Definantly.. two actually since my wife is my partner in crime.  Typically its 5 bucks down to pre order a game you want.. so for 10 bucks to pretty much "rent" a game for awhile and actually maybe help with issues it might have so I have a more fullfilling experience, its well worth it. 

(had to edit cause I forgot hah)...

I played Anarchy Online and Age of conan (AOC I close beta tested).. and if anyone should be worried about this game its me hah. But, it looks appealing, it has a different feel and the marketing scheme is working on me. SO, I truly do hope the game works out for the best. I know the pre order and get in the beta is all out marketing and to stress test really but again, I stick my my beginning statements :) 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Originally posted by Nadia

its the same engine as AOC but it will have improvements

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/the_secret_world/news/the_secret_worlds_game_engine_detailed.html

Actually AoC is using the engine they developed for Secret World.

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

$200 for lifetime is not bad at all.  I think those who went that way with LOTRO got a guy buy.  I actually wish I had taken advantage of the lifer way back when.

• HeavyTrafficHeavyTraffic Member Posts: 54

I'm afraid I've pre-ordered my last MMORPG.  Nothing against Secret World, it's just the last few MMORPG releases have been less than stellar and I could have saved some money.

I know most games today offer pre-orders but people are wising up.  Like me!  (toots horn)

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Pre-order + lifetime sub would cost 250€, and it includes item which decreases the sale price of cosmetic items from item shop by 10%.

Other developers (Turbine) at least give their life-time subcribers monthly allowance to spend on their cash shop. Funcom is clearly asking their life-time subcribers to pay more money in future.