Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Things I wish I knew before I started playing SWTOR" [tips]

124»

Comments

• BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354

Aww crud.

It looks like they took away my easy xp boost at the early levels bit with going to the fleet and grabing your crew skills early.  I tried to do that today on a little JK I created and the shuttle door gave me an error message saying that I couldn't use that yet.  Such is the way however, just thought I'd give you the update so you can adjust the section.

Great work on that by the way.

• TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284

Don't shift+leftclick to split stacks: shift+rightclick instead - this does the same job, but doesn't spam chat. :)

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249

Travel

Everyone has an ability in their "spellbook" general tab called EMERGENCY FLEET PASS.

the Emergency fleet pass, IS an emergency pass, you have an 18h cooldown on it

You do not have to return at your ship every time you leave a planet, your ship will follow you everywhere

You can bound yourself to unlimited locations, unlike WoW. You can't however, teleport yourself from planet to planet.

Jumping while moving results in you moving slower.

Didnt see this mentioned but...

If you have the Authenticator enabled you get access to the Security key vendor, one of the nicer things he sells for 1k credits is a Fleet Pass.

works exacly the same as emergancy fleet pass except its cooldown is much lower, an hour I think and ofc each 1k pass is a one time use, unlike EFP.

• CityHamCityHam Member Posts: 63

to not party with my Euros.

• Lord-KronkLord-Kronk Member UncommonPosts: 38

Can I get some more info on RE'ing items for orange schematics? Can you do it with any item? Are you guys just guessing at this 

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Didn't see under Travel but didn't look elsewhere:

- There is a flashpoint shuttle that goes directly to fleet on every planet. It is typically at a small taxi base site away from main planet base (but not always). Find it and taxi to it when fleet pass is down. Much faster than using your ship.

- If you have the CE you can buy fleet passes from VIP lounge vendor for 1k credits. 1 hour cool down I believe. I have never needed them though but some use them like mad. I find my fleet pass is either up or I simply take the flashpoint shuttle back to fleet. Good for backup though.

You stay sassy!

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Play Sorc.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Lord-Kronk

Can I get some more info on RE'ing items for orange schematics? Can you do it with any item? Are you guys just guessing at this 

I have discovered an orange from REing a blue, but thats about all I can speak to.

• Originally posted by Lord-Kronk

dont know if its possible to get orange's from REing since im a cybertech crafter, however everytime i get an armormech schematic from underworld trading missions, it is for orange gear

• Lord-KronkLord-Kronk Member UncommonPosts: 38

Can you tell me the craft you use, synthweaving/armormech and the schematic that changed to orange?  I'm trying to figure out if only some types can do it or if all.

I've been trying to get an orange belt and wrist, they are in game, just really rare.

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

I wish I could have gotten into the beta earlier - then I could have saved myself the bother of playing another very, very average MMO.

• Cromagnum119Cromagnum119 Member UncommonPosts: 16

Well said. The huttball thing is important because there are even level 50s who don't know that sadly

In My World It's Kill Or Be Killed

• Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159

Here's one: It's bad.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

What I wish I knew: If you're looking for a EST PVP server, your only real choice is The Fatman. Almost every east coast server is Light at primetime and that means less then 350 people total on the server.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

If in December I was considering buying a $60 box, I guess I would have wished I knew the game was going to Free To Play in less then a year's time.

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

If in December I was considering buying a $60 box, I guess I would have wished I knew the game was going to Free To Play in less then a year's time.

Boxes will still have value.  Lotro boxes had a lot of value since they gave unlocks and a free month of subscription value.

Like Lotro, this game will be restricted for free players.  It will still make sense to subscribe.

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

I just installed the game again and I thought you get cartel coins if you previously subscribed to the game? I had at least a 60 days subscription after the game was released but didn't get anything. It says 0 Cartel Points.

• FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Cant remember exactly how it went,  but if I'm not mistaken you had to be subscriber when the game went F2P to get those cartel coins.  I think maybe a few months extra leeway was given,  but it's been quite a while.
  • henry144henry144 Member Posts: 2
    for help with star wars the old republic check out my site  wp.me/p5FYQQ-3