Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When were you hooked?

2»

Comments

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

"Once upon a time, there was this dude. Lots of people wanted this dude dead, but he got strong and beat up the dudes. The dude also uncovered a shady organization that was behind all those dudes that wanted him dead. The dude got laid. The dude had gay sex also. The dude defeated the shady organization and is the hero of all.

-Fin "

Eat your heart out Hepler.

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

Hard to get hooked on a generic yawn fest of a game with a shockingly bad game engine.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

It's the only MMO I'm subscriped to at the moment and I play it pretty regularly, so I guess I could say I'm hooked.  In fact, I really am not looking forward to any game on the horizon at the moment, and I'm satisfied taking my time with SWTOR (level 41 currently).

I'm happy with the graphics, I don't PvP, and I really enjoy the story lines.  There are things about the game that I hope will either be added, improved or changed at some point, but that's normal in all MMOs.

On a side note, I understand that this is a forum, but geez, when someone obviously makes a positive thread about a game, why do so many people feel the need to shit all over it?  We get it.  you don't like the game.  Move on already.  It's probably never going to be something you're interested in, so go support some other MMO instead of constantly trying to tear down the ones you don't like.  

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Was never hooked

Saw that the worm was plastic so I swam on by.

Cant fool this fish with your cheap wallyworld lures

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by eddieg50

There comes a time when a Bioware/ black Isle etc game really sinks its teeth into you. I remember in Planescape Torment when the Priestess dug her talons into the nameless ones chest to find out about his past,  or when Morrigans mom turned into a great Dragon and we had to take her down.              I knew Swtor was for me very early on with my Bounty Hunter,  I was given a quest by this MOM to rescue her kid from his  Dad who took the kid because the mom was going to send him off to be a Sith,  and the chances of the kid dieing were good.  Well being a rotten Bounty Hunter I took the quest and when i caught up to the Dad and kid I shot down the dad dead even though he begged me to spare him cause he did not want to see his kid die in the Sith pits. The Kid started crying over his dads dead body and I told the kid to go back to his mom and he the kid would thank me some day.  WOW what great story telling and roll play goodness-I was hooked after that .

You are talking about the story, which was pretty good (for an MMO).  Unfortunately I finished the story within the first month and then saw how poor the PVP was and un-subbed.  Thinking the story was pretty good (for an MMO) is different than "being hooked."  Chess hooked me, I still play.  Civ4 hooked me I still play.  There is no hook in SWTOR unfortunately and I no longer play.

And yeah, I shot the guys dad too.  The wuss tried to wimp out of Sith camp even though it looked like he had the apptitude.  This is war soldier!

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

The first month I was hooked. The second month I regretted signing up for another month. I was gone by the third month.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by gainesvilleg

There comes a time when a Bioware/ black Isle etc game really sinks its teeth into you. I remember in Planescape Torment when the Priestess dug her talons into the nameless ones chest to find out about his past,  or when Morrigans mom turned into a great Dragon and we had to take her down.              I knew Swtor was for me very early on with my Bounty Hunter,  I was given a quest by this MOM to rescue her kid from his  Dad who took the kid because the mom was going to send him off to be a Sith,  and the chances of the kid dieing were good.  Well being a rotten Bounty Hunter I took the quest and when i caught up to the Dad and kid I shot down the dad dead even though he begged me to spare him cause he did not want to see his kid die in the Sith pits. The Kid started crying over his dads dead body and I told the kid to go back to his mom and he the kid would thank me some day.  WOW what great story telling and roll play goodness-I was hooked after that .

You are talking about the story, which was pretty good (for an MMO).  Unfortunately I finished the story within the first month and then saw how poor the PVP was and un-subbed.  Thinking the story was pretty good (for an MMO) is different than "being hooked."  Chess hooked me, I still play.  Civ4 hooked me I still play.  There is no hook in SWTOR unfortunately and I no longer play.

And yeah, I shot the guys dad too.  The wuss tried to wimp out of Sith camp even though it looked like he had the apptitude.  This is war soldier!

LOL  actually I was tempted to shoot the kid.  I am a more casual player, I have been playing from the beginning and have 1 main and 3 alts so I have not gotten to end game yet. yes I do agree that the PvP is lame , I think bioware should scrap PvP and just concentrate on the space game

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

I was hooked till i finished my BH and Smuggler story. but i am not a raider so i will go back and check the game out once new content is added or if i feel like experincing more class stories. For now i got my moneys worth. No regrets.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by Deathstrike2

It's the only MMO I'm subscriped to at the moment and I play it pretty regularly, so I guess I could say I'm hooked.  In fact, I really am not looking forward to any game on the horizon at the moment, and I'm satisfied taking my time with SWTOR (level 41 currently).

I'm happy with the graphics, I don't PvP, and I really enjoy the story lines.  There are things about the game that I hope will either be added, improved or changed at some point, but that's normal in all MMOs.

On a side note, I understand that this is a forum, but geez, when someone obviously makes a positive thread about a game, why do so many people feel the need to shit all over it?  We get it.  you don't like the game.  Move on already.  It's probably never going to be something you're interested in, so go support some other MMO instead of constantly trying to tear down the ones you don't like.  

People on this forum have very strong views,are very combative and are very loyal to their game.  also a lot of people on this forum have played many mmo's and have not been able to find their niche and thus are a little bitter and want to knock games that people like.  I have knocked other games on these forums and cannot be to offended by others, however I do not like it when people personally insult you. There are many people who love swtor but are afraid to say so cause they are afraid of the haters, I am not in fact I like a good arguement

• crabdogcrabdog Member Posts: 30

I was hooked until i finished my character creation.

Then I got dumped into the lifeless trashpile that the game is.

Thankfully it was a beta weekend so I didn't pay money to find how how fail it is.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I was hooked when on the 2nd day I uninstalled this piece of garbage and moved on to a real game, Oh wait you mean when was I hooked on swtor? hmm never, i was falling asleep my 2nd day in due to how generic and bland the game was after waking up from a normal 8 hr sleep. Went to play some f2p mo iirc that was far more intersting in many ways.. but thats me. Thankfully i was on a beta weekend so I didn't have to waste money on this.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

People on this forum have very strong views,are very combative and are very loyal to their game.  also a lot of people on this forum have played many mmo's and have not been able to find their niche and thus are a little bitter and want to knock games that people like.  I have knocked other games on these forums and cannot be to offended by others, however I do not like it when people personally insult you. There are many people who love swtor but are afraid to say so cause they are afraid of the haters, I am not in fact I like a good arguement

I really doubt that. But if people are scared of anonymous internet tough guys and keyboard warriors whom we are never even going to meet face to face than wow... i have no words. But like i said i doubt people are afraid to express themselves if they like swtor just that most of the happy people are busy playing while unhappy people are busy complaining.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I'm happy with the graphics, I don't PvP, and I really enjoy the story lines.

Theres the problem. SWTOR tried to introduce PVP, did it badly(is it alright to say horrible), and didnt come with any guild perks/abilities/anything. If they just took ALL the pvp out and focused on making it a pve game, that would probably be for the best on this game. As it is, less of an MMO, more of a coop singleplayer.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

I was hooked until I played it for a month at release.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

So basically you were hooked around level 5, since that's when that BH quest takes place?

Everyone pretty much enjoys the first few levels of any game, I enjoyed it up to around 30 then it bored me stupid.

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Originally posted by Zaltark

I dont think anyone visiting this website is 'hooked' on SWTOR. If they were, they wouldnt be here. This is for 'homeless' MMO vets.

Haha so true. I'm just hanging out until GW2.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Was never hooked

Saw that the worm was plastic so I swam on by.

Cant fool this fish with your cheap wallyworld lures

Fish often pass up lures..only to then go and  eat their own shit.

I find SWTOR is neither fake nor shit. It's exactly what they promised plus the bugs that accompany any new MMO and YES it has a sub fee...as stated long before it was released.  As long as they keep working  to fix and add things for the better..I'll keep paying .

I enjoy playing it but then again I never thought it was going to be the game to end all games as others must have assumed to have accumulated such hate and bitter contempt.. Especially since the OP never said a foul word about any other game in his post.

• NMStudioNMStudio Member Posts: 376

The game is exactly what they said it would be all along, and as that is what I expected, and what I was looking forward to, I was hooked right from the beginning.

• storm-dragonstorm-dragon Member Posts: 157

Since Beta after I ran the Smuggler into and still having a lot of fun with the game.

This sword here at my side dont act the way it should
    Keeps calling me its master, but I feel like its slave
    Hauling me faster and faster to an early, early grave
    And it howls! it howls like hell!

• omomeomome Member Posts: 203

Servers are down for maint. right now, otherwise, I don't come here anymore.

For me it was the end of Sith Warrior chap. 1.  After that, I knew had to play all the classes stories. Jedi knight, while the end of chap 1 wasn't quite as strong, directly references the sith warrior story (and maybe others that I havn't played yet) and has gotten to be a little grander in scope that the Sith's was ... The Jedi Knight story is really starting to feel like KotOR 3 in its references to the original, and the pacing of the final 2 chapters thus far.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

I was hooked when I had the revelation of how to have more survivability in pvp. I was convinced by others somehow sorc was especially granted power. It was just the animations. This game is cool. There's a learning curve but when you reach it there are "eureka" moments that make you love it.