Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Silly Rabbit, WoW is for Kids!!!!!

124»

Comments

• Y0lkixY0lkix Member Posts: 51
    WoW is a MMORPG for ppl who have a life.
  • vriggsvriggs Member Posts: 15

He did say he made those levels in "played" time. I dont believe he meant actual real time.

WoW is not a "kids" game although a smart child can pick it up easily and i like that part of the game.

It isn't for everyone so if it's not your "cup o' tea" move along to EQ2 and enjoy what you like and let those who like WoW enjoy it as well. ::::28::

Ferinzi
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
    -Ronald Reagan-

• TheWackoTheWacko Member Posts: 68

OH boy!!!!! Another, bash WoW post!!!!!! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

Another well thought out, detailed post on the pros and cons of WoW, so much information here, so much thought put into this post............

Define: Sarcasm.

• SilverShadeSilverShade Member Posts: 20
    if the game is so childish y did u play till u had 2 lvl 60 gnomesimage

The Shade

• DagaronDagaron Member Posts: 22

I think what a lot of people have missed is the fact that WoW is constantly adding new patches, the endgame play is constantly expanding and provides many challenges that other MMORPGs do not have.

Black Wing Lair for example isn't what I would typically call easy, coordinating a 60 person raid to do puzzle type fights and wiping after 3-4 hours of battle is a bit more than the typical "casual player" would commit to as well.

I think many of you guys quit at lvl 60 because you weren't involved with a strong enough endgame guild and basically didn't have anything to do because you couldn't do it solo.

• SharShar Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by Dagaron

I think what a lot of people have missed is the fact that WoW is constantly adding new patches, the endgame play is constantly expanding and provides many challenges that other MMORPGs do not have.
    Black Wing Lair for example isn't what I would typically call easy, coordinating a 60 person raid to do puzzle type fights and wiping after 3-4 hours of battle is a bit more than the typical "casual player" would commit to as well.
    I think many of you guys quit at lvl 60 because you weren't involved with a strong enough endgame guild and basically didn't have anything to do because you couldn't do it solo.

Some people are happy being a face in the crowd, many are not.  In a world of sheep and wolves, I would rather be a wolf.   This doesn't mean I don't like community, but I would much rather travel with my small "pack" that I know intimately instead of a large group of smacktards whom I wouldn't trust not to fall on their own swords if given the chance.

Besides, I also despise having success rely on others not being complete fools.  At least if I'm solo and fail - it's my fault and I only have myself to blame - not some dip that was afk for a drink or talking to his girlfriend during an important fight.  I also don't have to suffer greed and arguments over loot while in my pack - something I've had to endure endless times raiding. 

Big guilds are great if you are a greed-whore, chat-fiend or just wanting to be part of the flock.  The rest of us actually want to adventure without having to drag the daycare that is the WoW community with us.

• WindexofDoomWindexofDoom Member Posts: 63

• WOWLagsWOWLags Member Posts: 115
    End game play constantly expanding is a joke mate. Yawn! Th elame PvP is a joke as well.
  • MMOnerdMMOnerd Member Posts: 35
    Just give Blizzard time, with a patch or update we'll probably see a longer grind...

VideoGameNerd

• iveria18iveria18 Member Posts: 123
    WOW.."a kids guide to mmo's"...image its like saying....wow is a tutorial game....a game for the beginners...

P2P is good but i need free games :D

• ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270

"but tell me what mmorpg out now is better than WoW, and why does WoW continue to have the largest subscription base? "

Well I would say that EVE-Online is a better mmorpg than WoW but then again, those are two very different games!!!!.

EVE-Online is a smaller game where all are playing on the same server, all end up in PvP sooner or later to say it so, recently it have been close to 14K players online at the same time (same server) yeah it gets crowded there and yeah you can experience lag issues but when it comes to CCP they really seems to lissen to it's customers.

Playerbase seems to be more mature there even I know many inmature people plays it as well but can't be perfect can it ? image

So my conclusion... EVE-Online is a better onlinegame than WoW, if I wanted to go around killing only then well I would not pay 10-15 dollar a month to do so, I would go play AA or Battlefield 2 (wich I actually do from time to time).

Would I say WoW suck ??? I don't know, I did not like it and I have not even played it yet, only seen my friends play it and honestly... it did not look that good.
    Infact it looked very very boring.. and very childish!!! (my first impression of the game was when a friend demonstrated what you could do in the game and emoted farting and such).

• Debaser85Debaser85 Member Posts: 1

Yep, Eve Online isn't for everyone but those willing to put the time in will be richly rewarded.

I wouldn't say WoW is for kids, but it certainly lacks the complexity of Eve.

• VicerynViceryn Member Posts: 177

i tried to get into EVE online, but i honestly just dont think it is for me. But i know a lot of people love that game. WoW is my type of game, and i am most certainly not a kid. And plenty of people around my age (21) enjoy this game...so the whole kid argument is null and void.

• Morphem92Morphem92 Member Posts: 23

WoW is a good game if you're a kid or new to mmorpg's

Now once you got a few lvl 60 and realize you've been having a bit of fun in a cartoon L33T kid semi-dead world and there's nothing to do past lvl 60,

then you move to a more challenging / mature mmorpg or more real life stuff.

Imho Wow is a good soft introduction to mmorpg's..

• fizzle32fizzle32 Member Posts: 171

Definitely not an "I Win" button in any of the instances at the appropriate level.

I don't think you actually played the game, I guarantee most of the instances are harder than anything you played in Everquest.

Faster paced? Yes.

More enjoyable? Yes.

Easier? No.