Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

after 3 computer upgrades..

2»

Comments

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by freston

This topic has been on and off on vanguard extensively. I remember one guy who answered succintly and clearly; the game had been developed without taking multicore processing into account, much like eq2.  No matter how much your pc evolves, the game is not going to be able to take as much advantage of it as it could possibly have.

It's not perfect but it 100s times better than it was at release,i mean it's actually non excistant and some set ups.Anyone thinking they can run it on max like they would WOW or swtor will always have problems.

The rain bug is still there though lol.

You cant see the rain if you are running vista or windows 7,just hear it.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

Originally posted by Khrymson

Originally posted by mymmo

Anyone with a 580 or 680 that can tell me how this game runs? 

I have a 680, lemme load it up and take some screens!

Oh goodie. 

Could you please tell me how your fps is in the game? What kind of resolution are you running it?

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Did any of those upgrades include installing the game on a good SSD?  If not, then you didn't even address the problem, so of course it wouldn't fix it.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

This has always been a problem with Vanguard, Hitching can get really bad and if Sony wants Vanguard to be a F2P success they had better fix this cause people will check in and check out

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

Originally posted by Sylvarii

Windows 7 Ultimate

Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz OC 4.60GHz 

Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68

PowerColor ATI Radeon HD 6990 4096MB

OCZ ZX 850 Gold Rated PSU  

H²Flo Extreme Liquid Dual Fan CPU Cooler w/ x2 Sharkoon Silent Eagle Fans

Samsung SH-B123L/RSBP 12x BD-ROM / 16x DVD Writer Drive -

BlackHard Drive: 1TB HDD

Crucial RealSSD M4 256GB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Hard Drive

Kingston HyperX Grey 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel

I have all my MMO on the SSD as well.

My old set up was an i5 750 @ 3.2ghz 4gig and 6950 crossfire.

Even when Vanguard first came out five years ago i had an 710 with 7950 gx2 sli xps  moving onto a 720h2c with 2 gig and 8800gtx sli - qx800.

I never really had any major problem,perhaps with the 8800gtx for a little while.

You are lucky :)

I try to run Vanguard with an watercooled (cpu, gpus, ram, motherboard and hdds) [email protected], 12gb ram@2ghz,5970+5870@1ghz, 80gb inte ssd gen2, 30"@2560x1600 and windows 7 64bit and I have a hard time running this game with everything maxed out. The frame rate is sometimes rather rubbish and the game is hitching for awhile when entering a well populated area. When I lower the settings the fram rates become better. But with my rig and the games age I must say that I am rather annoyed.

I have tried to setup specific profiles within CCC and Radeon pro and I have also tried to disable my CrossfireX setting and have only my 5870 running the game. To disable Crossfire has been the best solution. 

Hopefully a person with a 680 gtx will tell me if the game runs good- then its an another upgrade in hope of that  I can run this gem without any issues :) Hopefully it will be the upgrade that will solve my issues with the game. I have made some rather expensive upgrades that is highly connected to this game : )

8800->4870x2

athalon +4800->phenom I x4

phenom I x4->intel i7

4870x2-->5870 (and later 5970)

15k raptor->ssds 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I have a SSD (though not the fastest ever) and I require 5s to "chunk" (I.e. get from one chunk to the next).

I also cant see this ever can change.

What I do believe is that games which are seamless should have relatively small chunk sizes, the chunks should be hexagons, and the game should keep all adjacent chunks in memory, so there is zip chunk time. But yeah, thats not how Vanguard got designed.