Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlefield 3 Pay to Win????

2»

Comments

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

i personaly dont care. it's actually nice to have the option to pay instead of having to grind the stuff. dont get me wrong i wont spend a cent more on this game, but especially for those just starting it can be a few months of getting owned before they are on par with everyoen else.

in the end it doesn't give you an advantage over everyone that doesn't pay it just skips the grind.

as long as they dont put kits that you can only get by paying i'm ok with that. let those that have money spend it.

Jak some of your posts crack me up.

In one sentence you say "I dont mind"

And in another you  say "as long as they dont"

If there's money to be had the "as long as they dont" will always turn into  the "I dont mind" for someone when they finally do it.

There is no end to what will be available for cash in our games, MMO's, FPS's RPG's RTS's all of them.  The days of buying a game taking it home and playing it without spending any more money are dieing.  And there are no sacried cows with regards to the cash shops.

The people that dont like cash shops at ANY level saw this coming from day one when everyone was just going "I dont mind" and "as long as they dont".

But the F2P weenies and cash shop supporters just keep on singing its praises.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Video about Microtransaction

Someone did hit the nail in the comments about the video and this business type:

It's not his problem that gamers today consists of fucking retards that will buy anything. Also the pay to reload part is not "the important" of what he is saying. He is pointing out that gamers are retared enough to pay for what ever overprieced DLC they come out with later, if said retarded gamer is invested in the game. Just? look at how they implemented this in their new third person shooter mass effect 3 without any problems.

This market is not supply and demand it's "create demand for supply"

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

This doesn't bother me at all and I've played the game for a couple hundred hours. 

I enjoyed unlocking everything through out the game but "solider progression" really doesn't change the gameplay at all.  In fact I usually assume everyone already has every unlock. 

I want to add that all the important tools like the RPG and repair tool are given to you at the start so you can play your class from the first rank.  Theres no weapon you unlock that will allow you to win when you couldn't before.  People are able to compete from the beginning.

And ranking itself doesn't mean much since people who have been found abusing glitches simply have their stats wiped and are forced to unlock (or buy) everything all over again.  Typically they continue to abuse the glitches and rise above higher ranking players in no time unless admins stop them.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• mf16mf16 Member UncommonPosts: 65

Originally posted by spaceport

It's just the first step

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

Wow just Wow.. I'm glad i avoid EA games when i can and that just changed my mind of buying SWTOR next month.

And that buying unlocks to me just changed my mind of buying bf3 tomorrow when i got paid i'm actually glad for once i waited thankyou for posting it here thats it for me with EA i'm avoiding them as much as i can I don't care if i have to miss some decent games to do so.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Maybe in the future you can buy an XP boost and a minor fee for less recoil.

Its really like Mass Effect 3 where you have to pay for something which you already own, or paying for trainer to unlock it.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by snapfusion

Jak some of your posts crack me up.

it is my honor to crack you bro.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

not really surprising. Apparently in the US the store thing will be abused by some companies it's no surprise.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Originally posted by itgrowls

not really surprising. Apparently in the US the store thing will be abused by some companies it's no surprise.

Not sure why you single out the "US" here? As I recall, many a European games and most Asian games aready see this sort of "abuse".

Back on topic. I own and play BF3. Will I purchase any of these upgrade kits? NO! If I can do something without paying for it, why pay for it? If someone else wishes to WASTE their money doing so, well, it is not for me to stop them. Now, if the game REQUIRED that I pay to upgrade my kits....that would be a totally different story. So far on the so-call "free-to-play" game require that. If BF starts going that route (or any game for that matter), I will steer clear completely.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• GuelyGuely Member Posts: 114

I stopped buying games that EA is involved with years ago.

• McMoneybagsMcMoneybags Member Posts: 18

Great news! I have a reason to play BF3 again. The folks over at EA know what's hot and what's not, and RMTs are definitely on fire right now!

Players should not have an advantage over other players simply because they have put more time into their characters. We are in the new age of capitalism in gaming!

• baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223

Get the RPG elements out of otherwise level playing field games aready.

Give us a symmetrical battlefield will all the guns/items available immediatley, and we can have a real skill vs. skill conflict.

The above may be boring as shit other than to determine who is really better. But I think ping pong and tennis are both great one on one pure skill games to emulate.

Having  a better kit in an FPS makes it again about time spent vs. pure skill.

Someone please make a good MMO.

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

Think this is a stupid thing to do for the fans but its good business wise. Either way they'll still make money because some people out there will want to unlock the guns ASAP. There will still be those opposing it but it doesn't really matter does it, as long as someone spends money on it. 

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

I wouldn't say Pay to Win. The difference between the first gun you have and the last one you unlock in terms of effectiveness in BF3 is not that great compared to say the difference in guns in a free game like combat arms.  

Rift