Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of pop do you think Vanguard will get from F2P?

2»

Comments

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Hopefully they open a new server with f2p as that is what id prefer to play on.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Originally posted by William12

Hopefully they open a new server with f2p as that is what id prefer to play on.

Agreed, it would be nice to have everyone be able to start on a even playing field like Eq/eq2, especially with regards to the economy.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    I don't think it will do significant business. By all accounts Vanguard opens up into a great game but my memory of the initial experience when I tried the trial was that it was a completely bland themepark-quester with nothing to distinguish it from WoW etc. except lower quality.

I don't think many people who try it out will persist to see the good bits.
  • ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

Personally, I think this is "too little, too late" for vanguard.  They might get a little burst of a few tourists who will stay for 2-3 weeks.  This will more than likely happen for 3-6 months and then it's back to being on life support.  At this point they're just looking to sponge what little money they can from their investment imo.