Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loreplay Rules Goes To Test

AshenTemperAshenTemper BioWare Community Mgr.Member Posts: 68

Wolfpack Studios, a Ubisoft Company, is proud to announce the debut of the first iteration of the Shadowbane Loreplay Ruleset on the Shadowbane Test Server! Shadowbane, a massively multiplayer online game known for its intense player-vs.-player conflict and real-time strategy elements, launched in March 2003. Shadowbane is one of the few massively multiplayer online games that let players actually change the world, and this is the first server to regulate players' strategic options, limiting the types of characters that can join the various Faction-based Guilds, who may cast beneficial and peaceful powers on each other, and who may even group together. These may seem like harsh restrictions, but these game elements have been requested by a large segment of Shadowbane’s community for some time. For the first time, individual guilds will face limits in their power and abilities, and be forced to make strategic decisions to maximize their effectiveness on the battlefield. Shadowbane has long been acclaimed for its rich backstory and in-game history, and the Loreplay Ruleset will create a rich play environment that better mirrors the factionalized fiction. Many players will finally experience Shadowbane as they originally imagined the game would be. Combined with the Realm and kingship system introduced in Shadowbane’s last expansion, Throne of Oblivion, players can now for the first time ever wage war to see which of which of Shadowbane’s myriad factions is truly the greatest! Who will be able to forge an empire and crush their enemies: the Temple of Cleansing Flame? The High Court of the Elves? The Centaur Cohort? Or will the conquerors be one of more than a dozen other factions? Only time, and the players, can tell!

For more info, use the following URL:

http://chronicle.ubi.com/newspost.php?id=11900

Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg
http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Comments

• TooL-D-TooL-D- Member CommonPosts: 126

Whats even more amazing is, I have yet to rubberband/lag on the server!

I have died quite a few times tho! ::::02::

• DakagentDakagent Member UncommonPosts: 58

Hope the lore server does Shadowbane well, I loved the game even day of PvP but then as all things do it died..

• IijsIijs Member Posts: 457

Seems to be breathing new life into the game. Well done!!

• KetuKetu Member Posts: 9

Ashen, you have alot of us watching this test. It looks to me like your timing will be about perfect to collect up some of us original players when you push this build live.

If we use the Free Trial, can we play on the Test Server?

What changes have been implemented to make city building and guild/asset management easier?

Rahu-Ketu-Puja

• AshenTemperAshenTemper BioWare Community Mgr.Member Posts: 68

Yes, the Free Trial also gives you access to the Test Server. As for city building, we have mirrored the Build Times on Test to all production game servers so they are closer to the way things were in Shadowbane Beta. As for Asset Management, a short while back we implemented a new structured called the Warehouse. If a structure was under the protection of the Tree of Life (of that city) and did not have enough funds in it (for crafting items, maintenance fees, etc), it would draw funds out of the Warehouse. I know quite a few city managers that do not leave gold in their structures and solely use the Warehouse to keep everything going.

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

is there any kind of player limit on the lore server? or might there be a 2nd lore server if things get overpopulated/laggy on lore server?

• AshenTemperAshenTemper BioWare Community Mgr.Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by Marku
    is there any kind of player limit on the lore server? or might there be a 2nd lore server if things get overpopulated/laggy on lore server?

Yes, we will be monitoriing the situation closely. Realize, though, that the first few days of any servers life will show a greater congestion of players (in any game). We will monitor this over a reasonable period of time and if it looks like we need to make some adjustments, we definitely will.

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

Awsome, I look forward to this alot :-)

• MaysonMayson Staff WriterMember Posts: 59

Lore server is amazing, I would encourage you all to tell people. The team they have at SB is the best!!! Also helps that Ashen is hot... opps MT

Seriously though, This game is what PvP is all about!

Notice: The reviews expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the reviews of MMORPG.com or its management.

Mayson

• LoBo-TPLoBo-TP Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by AshenTemper

Originally posted by Marku

Yes, we will be monitoriing the situation closely. Realize, though, that the first few days of any servers life will show a greater congestion of players (in any game). We will monitor this over a reasonable period of time and if it looks like we need to make some adjustments, we definitely will.

Ashen what is a greater congestion of players 401 people per server in prime time on the weekend? I wish you guys would stop posting like SB is an over populated game. SB was great but I wish the SB team would stop trying to rip people off thinking they are going to play a game with lots of people only to log into a dead world. No game can beat SB and I wish to god it was populated again. Some of my guild have reactivated their SB accounts and only get some PvP by bashing on a mine for some time in hopes that the mine owners will muster up 5 people to come and try to defend it. Or some of my guild needs to travel FOREVER to find somone to kill. So Ashen tell the SB team to close all the left over few servers and make just one server. So at least you guys wont need to lie to MMO players looking to try SB with a full server of at least 1k or more.
  • arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548
    Once I get some time I'll do the trial.  Maybe.  Or maybe I'll just eat this tasty sandwich.  mmmmmm

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• vacavriachvacavriach Member Posts: 4

I'm sorry, but I have four words that describe this:

Too little, too late.

If this had been introduced with the very first time they created a new shard (where they only fiddled with XP bonuses for guild charters) it might have worked and kept a lot of the RP crowd in-game. However, people like myself and all of my guild mates have moved on from SB many, many months ago.

It was great fun for a while (when the RPers on Mourning could actually front a sizeable army against the l337 d00dz) but it's been far too long to claim "It's fixed now, you can come back home."

Vacavriach

Proud member of TOG - The Older Gamers
    Because old people play games too!

• arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548

I logged onto the Test server.  The general chat was filled with stupid chatter, none of which had anything to do with Lore.  All the names I saw from the PK chat were friggin stupid names like "Minimalpwnage" and l337dewd or whatever they were ALL stupid.  Tried to talk to 2 people who never replied to me.  Asked them to group and they just kept killing stuff by themselves. 

So I'm going to give it another try but the first day wasn't good.  A rude community, and Lore server full of idiots who don't even care about Lore.  Wow thanks.  Might want to just junk that Lore server and scrap the game.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan