Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

barely any choice of skills

13»

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Well page 5 was very ..... pink.

Anyway, the fact that skills are tied to weapons will make things a lot less predictable than most MMOS.  Everytime you run into a pally in WoW, you can expect them to use their 6 second stun... in GW2, one attacker you faced earlier might have a totally different set of skills than the one you're facing now (not even including traits), leaving you to wonder how the battle will proceed, not when they'll use a certain skill pre-determined by their class alone.  That's variety enough for me.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Originally posted by Ankur

Originally posted by Saxx0n

If it doesn't meet your expectations don't purchase it and play it.

Simplicity

edit - i am starting to believe that all these really sad whining posts and attempts to find fault with the shallowest of reasons is simply the wow generation that has never played earlier mmos. I honestly believe that they know how successful this game will be and it truly frightens them that the genre will change from the only thing they know.

A smuch as i am looking forward to GW2 i really doubt that.

and your explanation for these endlessly pathetic and moronic whine posts is?

edit- don't get me wrong i love a good debate but haven't seen a worthy gw2 complaint thread yet and there are hundreds of them.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Sakeraso

Originally posted by bishbosh

everyone who is the same class as you will have exactly the same weapon skills as you. why is there no choice? the only skills you can change are the healing, elite and utility spells but everyone will still have access to these. doesnt seem very RPG like to me.

I'd have to agree,

While the game does look nice graphics and UI wise, the limited diversity the game will have to offer is going to make the game very un-apealing at end game, thus everyone will expect a expac within 6 months.

Game won't launch as expected will generate a moderate to small community by the end of the year.

Archeage Tera Blade n soul C9 all these games will have more appeal just based off of the diversity the game allows you to have.

SO what you are trying to say is you only like Korean game right? None of those games have anything in common.. hell one is a sandbox... Take it from someone who has played tera... you have LESS skill choices. You end up spamming the same ability or chain over and over and over and over...

• GWFandaddyGWFandaddy Member Posts: 180

everyone who is the same class as you will have exactly the same weapon skills as you. why is there no choice? the only skills you can change are the healing, elite and utility spells but everyone will still have access to these. doesnt seem very RPG like to me.

I'd have to agree,

While the game does look nice graphics and UI wise, the limited diversity the game will have to offer is going to make the game very un-apealing at end game, thus everyone will expect a expac within 6 months.

Game won't launch as expected will generate a moderate to small community by the end of the year.

Archeage Tera Blade n soul C9 all these games will have more appeal just based off of the diversity the game allows you to have.

Man, I'd love to take your money, er, I mean, make a wager based on your claims.  I know Anet will be laughing all the way to the bank, I want in on some of that action.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

Simplicity

edit - i am starting to believe that all these really sad whining posts and attempts to find fault with the shallowest of reasons is simply the wow generation that has never played earlier mmos. I honestly believe that they know how successful this game will be and it truly frightens them that the genre will change from the only thing they know.

edit- don't get me wrong i love a good debate but haven't seen a worthy gw2 complaint thread yet and there are hundreds of them.

look at the forums you are posting and then ask yourself the reason;) every MMO goes through this cycle it is like a ritual.

• Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126

I'd have to agree,

Its not that I mind you have an opinion on the game(that's not even released), what I do mind however is you state it as fact.

Well MMO Nostradamus can I have tuesdays winning lotto numbers too?

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

I kind of like the way they have done it. It appears that each class has quite a bit of flexibility in playstyle. I mean you get 10 slots, and only 5 of them are for weapons as far as i can see. While it might appear that some classes have more than others you do have to take into account the number of different weapons available to the class, and the options present for the other 5 slots.

if you look at other games you usually have to specialize, which takes away all your choices. This way it appears to be quite strategic and open ended.

my personal preference is for "make your own class", but i can see the appeal of their system.

If nothing else, you have to give them props for at least trying something innovative.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Dumbed down for the console version and it is easier to balance unlike the original.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

remember Healing, utility and Elite skills cost skill points to buy, so you have to pick up skill points in the world first before you get them, and I doubt you can afford all of them.

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

Simplicity

There have been plenty of worthy threads discussing the what people think are good or bad on GW2, but most that start with a good discussion devolve into idiocy after about page 3. And there are some very trollish or over the top blind loving threads to, but that happens with every game.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Simplicity

look at the forums you are posting and then ask yourself the reason;) every MMO goes through this cycle it is like a ritual.

I guess I try to give people credit for a certain competent level of intelligence.

my bad

• GWFandaddyGWFandaddy Member Posts: 180

What I like is, that in theory, you really can play your way.  I don't know how most other MMO's are, but, in GW, when doing certain missions, dungeons, bosses etc., more often than not you need a certain party made up a certain way, with each member having a particular skill set.  I'm really hopeful, that GW2 won't be that way.  And that, among the myriad other reasons, is what will make GW2 stand out, to me.  That is of course one of Anet's stated goals.  I think it will be great to see a lot of variation in effective builds.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Simplicity

I guess I try to give people credit for a certain competent level of intelligence.

my bad

I agree Saxxon, this is just yet another post by yet another uninformed GW2 hater who is trying to spread false information.

Lolipops !

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

OP is either trolling hard, or horribly ignorant.