Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 canceled, Guild Wars 3 in the works

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Shocking news!!! Dont really know if to br happy or sad :(

Quote :

"After spending more than 4 years developing what we intended to be the best MMO, we came to the conclusion that Guild Wars 2 is just not good enough, and we have to start over from scratch yet again. We built this company on innovation, and we’re getting really frustrated that we can’t seem to get rid of industry-standard features like levels, attributes, and swinging swords repeatedly. Making Guild Wars 2 was a race to outshine ourselves, and we’re losing this race. There’s no escape but to escape ahead: we’re cancelling Guild Wars 2, and at the same time, we’re announcing the development of our new MMO, Guild Wars 3!"

Link:

http://gw2.variance.hu/2012/04/01/guild-wars-2-canceled-guild-wars-3-in-the-works/

Press conference announcement:

http://tiny.cc/GuildWars2Cancelled

Comments

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

Lol if you're gonna do april fools dont make it so obvious. Even just reading the topic xD...and for sumthin that official there certainly wouldnt be any typos.

• necron99necron99 Member UncommonPosts: 6

This story is as real as my chance of getting on the beta !

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by Odinthedark1

Lol if you're gonna do april fools dont make it so obvious. Even just reading the topic xD...and for sumthin that official there certainly wouldnt be any typos.

Man! People are going to lose jobs. They were excited while typing it !

Give them a break :P

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Banning the OP wouldn't do April 1 proper justice.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • DarknezzzzDarknezzzz Member Posts: 82

Ugh... At least the Commando and Minstrel were creative.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Darknezzzz

Oh, lighten up. Not EVERYTHING needs to be trolled because you don't like the game. It's just a joke.

• RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294

Oh when I saw the title I though somebody had posted this:  http://gw2.variance.hu/2012/04/01/guild-wars-2-canceled-guild-wars-3-in-the-works

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

You could have used something less obviolus like "Arenanet hire in Smedley to improve game" or something...

Originally posted by RameiArashi

Oh when I saw the title I though somebody had posted this:  http://gw2.variance.hu/2012/04/01/guild-wars-2-canceled-guild-wars-3-in-the-works

Haha! Excellent !

Changing topic to this !

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

i decided to click the link for the hell of it and...just wow lmao.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

"Guild Wars 3 will have an ESRB rating of AO (Adults Only), and a corresponding PEGI rating of 18 (Bad Language, Drugs, Discrimination, Fear, Gambling, Sex, Violence)."

IF FRIGGIN' ONLY!

• DarknezzzzDarknezzzz Member Posts: 82

Originally posted by Vesavius

Originally posted by Darknezzzz

Oh, lighten up. Not EVERYTHING needs to be trolled because you don't like the game. It's just a joke.

Hm. I just said that the joke about Commando and Minstrel were far more creative and fun than this.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

They cancelled World of Warcraft at actiBlizz too. It is rumoured Warcraft 3 is going to be reduxed to try and make cash in desperation by April 2nd.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by Loke666

You could have used something less obviolus like "Arenanet hire in Smedley to improve game" or something...

How about Derek Smart? Eww, now that would be a Fools choice.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by DarkPony

"Guild Wars 3 will have an ESRB rating of AO (Adults Only), and a corresponding PEGI rating of 18 (Bad Language, Drugs, Discrimination, Fear, Gambling, Sex, Violence)."

IF FRIGGIN' ONLY!

My son is rolling on floor from your sig , mate :D

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Yea, I like Dark Pony's new sig.  It's hilarious.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

yup one of the best sig's i've seen in a few years.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Originally posted by DarkPony

IF FRIGGIN' ONLY!

My son is rolling on floor from your sig , mate :D

Haha, seriously? Cool :)

And thanks for the compliments guys. Got so many of those as well as pm's about it, its crazy. If I get one more I'll start becoming a really annoying and arogant son of a [censored].

Oh wate ... I was that already V_V

p.s. WTS sigs! 100 gold each.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Too obvious.   At least the guy with the phony, April 1st edited Wikipage got one person...   And he did it by embedding in another thread...

Originally posted by MosesZD

Too obvious.   At least the guy with the phony, April 1st edited Wikipage got one person...   And he did it by embedding in another thread...

Now we are complaining about humour too :P

But honestly, if you do subtle joke (which many posts here are even on other days) most of the people dont get it, and think its dead serious.

I decided to do obvious joke today, (go easy on some peopel here and avoid flames LOL)

And really didnt have much time , posting it from work earlier.

Just for the lulz