Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon's Dogma - The next big single player RPG?

KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

I never looked at this game until now outside an unimpressive trailer, but this game is shaping up to be seriously cool and different. It seems to combine western and eastern RPG philosophies.

this is from the Xbox version but there is also a pc version in the works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrCiV4LOYk4&feature=channel

I find it really interesting. It reminds me a bit of Dark Souls. We need more of these difficult games. The graphics are not impressive but the gameplay looks crazy good. UI is sluggish and not pretty though but oh well. This game could be really cool. 

Comments

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

The game looks really nice and got me interested. I really like how "realistically evil" the world looks and it seems to challenge the player a lot. Nowadays it just feels like games are getting easier and more simple - but this looks very refreshing.  Thank you for the link! 

• makkaalmakkaal Member Posts: 48

From the awkward animations and the UI design looking like it was made by someone who just had an unsedated lobotomy, I doubt this is gonna be the "next big single player RPG". But the mechanics sound awesome: actually working AI, game significant day/night cycle, sparse instead of abundant equipment, visibility playing a huge role, the need for actual safe spots to camp at night... I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy the hell out of this game.

And looking at the modding scene around Oblivion and Skyrim which encompasses a huge amount of realism mods, so will others. Good catch, thanks for the post, Kalfer.

Let me point out that, in fact, I couldn't care less about these first world problems. I'm just having fun.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Originally posted by Mortemia

The game looks really nice and got me interested. I really like how "realistically evil" the world looks and it seems to challenge the player a lot. Nowadays it just feels like games are getting easier and more simple - but this looks very refreshing.  Thank you for the link! 

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Once it becomes night, the game turns into a medival apocalyptic horror nightmare. Find shelter before its too late.. dont just wander around all day thinking that running around in the woods is safe. 

Due to the difficulty of the combat (dark souls, difficult) it seems that you would really need to pay attention to the way you spec your character, and your pawn. 

It also seems a lot of the game is not the usual save-the-world. no, your just an adventurer who needs to do bounty missions, and tasks to get gold and other goods to survive in a hostile world. 

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

I'm pretty excited about the game and will get it probably but I don't think it will come to PC as per Capcom since they don't port some of their games. I will get it for the PC if it comes there though.

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

It's not coming to PC.

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• YaosYaos Member UncommonPosts: 153

I liked how the mini-map and the always on screen controls are set for a 4:3 monitor even though it is widescreen.

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394

Wow...game looks pretty awsome.  I found another vid with a Drake fight....seems it will be pretty epic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_mCKg0IPIk

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Looks pretty epic! I hope to play it soon. Finally a game that uses the enviroment!

edit: Sorry stringboi, just saw your comment. I don't think  I read it until after I wrote mine but they sure look the same. :D

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

So, is it XBox 360 only?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Originally posted by Amjoco

So, is it XBox 360 only?

X360 and PS3, for now: Source (1up.com)

Though of note is them saying that if PC users are very vocal about it, they would consider making a PC port.

So if you really want it to come on PC, then grab some cheese and get your whine on, gentleman (and women).

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

Originally posted by Amjoco

So, is it XBox 360 only?

X360 and PS3, for now: Source (1up.com)

Though of note is them saying that if PC users are very vocal about it, they would consider making a PC port.

So if you really want it to come on PC, then grab some cheese and get your whine on, gentleman (and women).

link; http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/27442377/Dragons_Dogma_for_PC_-show_your_support!