Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do when every game you currently own bores you ?

124»

Comments

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by GeeTeeEffOh

Originally posted by StoneRoses

Originally posted by GeeTeeEffOh

Originally posted by SlyGamer79

I'm just wondering what everybodys solution to this delima is.

i've been playing DAO,Borderlands,Skyrim and currently just bored as hell.

stuff on tv doesn't help much when nothing interest is on.

Read a book?

Seems like a lot of folks have played the shit out games they know nothing else.

I was actually thinking about picking up Game of Thrones again tomorrow

Nice! Did a marothon a couple weeks ago! Can't wait for Season 2.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

Here is why every game bores us to death...

They are fundamentally all the same.

I think we are so burned out by repetitious activities.

I don't even think the game matters anymore. New ones, old ones, ones not even out yet...

All of em...

That's what I think.

The more I look at the new ones on the horizon....the more disinterested I am

I saw videos of GW2 today and felt like

That's not innovation. Al I could see was the guy just clicking the one key over and over and over and over.

I could't get exceited couldn't even finish the video.

YAY, another 111111111111111111111111 rotation game

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141

what do you do when every game you currently own bores you?

GET A LIFE

Originally posted by Fuggly

what do you do when every game you currently own bores you?

GET A LIFE

Will scrounge the furnature for spare change to buy a new game count?

• lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229

I bet there one repetative thing you do in your life that you never get tired of doing.....Your a master as well...image

Originally posted by lokiboard

I bet there one repetative thing you do in your life that you never get tired of doing.....Your a master as well...image

Does it involve websites that you quickly click out of when other people come aound?

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by Loke666

Either I get somthing new, play some pen and paper roleplaying with friends or go down to the pub for a few pints of guiness...

Agreed.

You cant stick with one thing all the time. Like someone else indicated, switch up genres of video gaming.I enjoy Michigan Wolverine college FB more than anything else in life, so that switches things up for me during the fall. This past yr I attended 3 games, but usually try to only hit 1 per season.  I am also a member of a 16 yr running fantasy football league with my real life friends. Thus fall weekends are dedicated to football.

I have also found I enjoy British TV.  Being Human and Torchwood(much better than before it went to Starz) are 2 of my all time favorite shows. The Fades and Bedlam arent quite as good quality, but have gotten a kick out of them also.  Other than British TV, I normally only watch series on pay HBO/Max/Starz/Sho. Trueblood/Game of Thrones/Strikeback/with some Dexter tossed in are probably my favs(also Torchwood, but see above).

I started a thread a while back about what types of games folks play.  Some folks werent very diversed IIRC. As another person stated, there are all sorts of great single player games to choose from. I play console games, since I play from my bed due to pain, but even PC has tons to offer. Check out Good Ole Games (GOG.com) for classics at a decent price. The best time to buy though is end of yr as they put everything up for half off. I use Game Stop for new games due to pre order DLC bonuses, but really wouldnt recommend the franchise. You can probably do better elsewhere if that stuff doesnt matter to ya.

Anyways best of luck.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by Four0Six

To the OP:

GO OUTSIDE.

Outside has amazing graphics but the gameplay is just meh.   Plus I havent figured out how to level up.  I tried PVP but then there's these "cop" guys that come after you.  Also the economy is friggin garbage.   No really, its totally broken.  Its also entirely Pay 2 Win in ways that are just unimaginable.  The quests also suck beyond belief.   Im waiting for a good patch.  

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

When I'm bored of games. I just go outside or watch the youtubez

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Luckily I'm not bored ATM. Swtor is keeping me busy. When I don't feel like playing I have a ps3, game of thrones on blue ray, several seasons of big bang theory to watch. Occasionally I play a good round of golf with my new Calloway clubs.

*** Raving Rabbid refuses to take up plumbing for a profession! ****

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by Four0Six

To the OP:

GO OUTSIDE.

Outside has amazing graphics but the gameplay is just meh.   Plus I havent figured out how to level up.  I tried PVP but then there's these "cop" guys that come after you.  Also the economy is friggin garbage.   No really, its totally broken.  Its also entirely Pay 2 Win in ways that are just unimaginable.  The quests also suck beyond belief.   Im waiting for a good patch.  

Dude you have no idea....RMT is outta control....And the community...just plain sucks.

Combat is tough....Once you get Agro...forget it. It never drops.

Worst sandbox ever made.

• ForgefeuForgefeu Member UncommonPosts: 118

Happened to me before, and i finaly decided to change hobby, was weird at first but i enjoy myself much more atm =) I collect paint and play to wargame like warhammer 40 000 and battle and decided to build my own space hulk, that keept me occupied for a while ;)

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Go outside? make friends? go swimming, Cycling, skateboarding, other? take up another hobby? the world is your oyster, unless you have a disability that restricts what you can and cannot do then you really have no excuse to find something else to do. If you bored from playing games and dont know what to do then you really are not excelling yourself.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

lol, came here to say... I go outside.

beaten to it!

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

Break out the bankroll and come play Entropia Universe!  It's got what you need.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Root through the closet for an old game that you haven't played on modern hardware.  It might surprise you.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

Get a new hobby and buy a guitar or a banjo or something. It really is much more satisfying to develop a skill instead of wasting time playing games.

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

Cat Juggle.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Originally posted by Boatsmate

Cat Juggle.

Be careful with that. If The Jerk finds out he will pay someone off to stop you!

+1000 internets if you get that reference.

To OP: I either replay an old favorite or just wait for the "next big thing".

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• dooneydooney Member Posts: 69

There is nothing really worth playing at the moment

diablo 3 will probably keep me interested for a while

personally im waiting for DF2.0, only game ive played that isn't full of carebear gamers that isnt derp derp easy mode like every other single mmorpg on the market

probably wont play GW2 or archage as they have both tab target combat which is incredibly boring

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Luckily right now I have the NCAA's and full seasons of Sons of Anarchy, Rescue Me, Person of Interest, Top Shot, Surviving the Cut, Terra Nova, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Alcatraz, and Decoded sitting on my DVR.  After that though I am going to be lost without a full time game to play.  :(

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Go outside sometimes

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

I just watched Game of Thrones season 1. Kinda cool for everyone thats bored and likes fantasy. It was really awsome, and im looking foward to season 2. (could kill atleast a couple of days for you if you dl all episodes from the www ;) )

But yes im in the same boat when it comes to games. I cant even seem to muster strenght to start older games i used to like.. everything and anything seems boring.

I did play swtor for a while, but its just gets boring as hell....without any more spesific reason than its just to commersial and mainstream easy...its just no challenge in gaming anymore, developers are just out to make money. (go figure)

The main proplem as i see it in gaming industry are that games arent made for gamers, but for casuals.(and more money)

I cant even se new games like GW2/secret world fetch me for too long, and im what you can call a hardcore gamer, well...i was atleast.

/its sad.