Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do when every game you currently own bores you ?

Comments

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

I have a variety of games that I play.

DC Online: I play it when in the mood for action.

EQ: I started playing again on the free account. This is just when I want nostalgic gaming.

Eve: When I'm in sci-fi mood and want to explore or mission run.

If I'm really bored and don't have an itch to game;

I love to make some mixed drinks and re-watch really old, campy movies.

It's sort of my own Mystery Science Theatre, but with booze.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

More seriously...

Im also fan of old movies from 30-40 and 50's

Bogard/Cagney/Bergman/Robinson/Steward/Kelly/Bacall are my favorite Actors-Actress.

My favorite director Hitchcock.

My Favorite movie Casablanca with Bogard/Bergman

Also rewatch Stargate SG1/Atlantis/Universe - Star Trek Next Generation/Voyager series

Play Drakensang Online also untill GW2 comes.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I am actually playing all of the SOE games via access pass. I have never done it before, but I must say that I am having a blast playing Vanguard and EQ2. I can jump from game to game and it kind of breaks up the boredom for me. I forgot how good those two games are.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Work on real world stuff.  I mine in Eve while studying and have been able to knock out my CCNA:Wireless and the first exam from my CCNP this year.  I have actually stared at my PC on a Saturday evening for 20 minutes trying to get motivated to play one of the many games I have but sometimes I just dont see the point.  At least when I mine in Eve, I can study and make enough ingame money to pay for my sub.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by SlyGamer79

I'm just wondering what everybodys solution to this delima is.

i've been playing DAO,Borderlands,Skyrim and currently just bored as hell.

stuff on tv doesn't help much when nothing interest is on.

I play Skyrim, with a ton of mods - there are enough now to shake the game up.  Also I am thinking of playing an old game called Vampire the Masquerade - because I read about WoD recently and it fired me up. Then there is always Civ IV and it's mods.   And I need to go back to the Witcher again. So there is always something and I am not excited about GW2 or Diablo 3(kind of for this one but cash shops/auction houses = decline in interest).   So what else is there beside f2p - which is a no way.

Currently bored with MMO's.

Originally posted by Classicstar

More seriously...

Im also fan of old movies from 30-40 and 50's

Bogard/Cagney/Bergman/Robinson/Steward/Kelly/Bacall are my favorite Actors-Actress.

My favorite director Hitchcock.

My Favorite movie Casablanca with Bogard/Bergman

Also rewatch Stargate SG1/Atlantis/Universe - Star Trek Next Generation/Voyager series

Play Drakensang Online also untill GW2 comes.

what channel is Voyager on? I used to like that.

• TomTrixxTomTrixx Member UncommonPosts: 94

In the same boat here!

I bought an electric guitar, currently learning blues licks and progressions :)

And lurking these forums of course, until GW2.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Originally posted by bigsmiff

I am actually playing all of the SOE games via access pass. I have never done it before, but I must say that I am having a blast playing Vanguard and EQ2. I can jump from game to game and it kind of breaks up the boredom for me. I forgot how good those two games are.

You do realize that EQ2 can be played for free, specialy not worth subbing in the lower lvl ranges and VG will be f2p in a few months at most so that not realy worth it either, specialy not whit the solo experience its now , every other soe game is also f2p  and they got not one single succesfull current tittle whit the closure of some games station pass is even worth less.

/shrug 

play SOE games when bored..sure why not.. pay station acces for  it? ..NO way, that would be compleetly stupit for a few bored hours.

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339

Purchase Toe Jam and Earl on Steam and play a fun old school game.  Or just try a game that is completely different from your typical set of games you own.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

To OP:  Read a book.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

What do I do when every game I currently own bores me,  I get up , clean the house ,considering the neglect that keeps me bussy a few days, then i come across a stack of mail and sort those ending up paying alot of bills... not having a game to play sucks..makes me connect whit the real side of stuff.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by Eladi

Originally posted by bigsmiff

You do realize that EQ2 can be played for free, specialy not worth subbing in the lower lvl ranges and VG will be f2p in a few months at most so that not realy worth it either, specialy not whit the solo experience its now , every other soe game is also f2p  and they got not one single succesfull current tittle whit the closure of some games station pass is even worth less.

/shrug 

play SOE games when bored..sure why not.. pay station acces for  it? ..NO way, that would be compleetly stupit for a few bored hours.

Thank you Captain Obvious. I prefer subscription vs. F2P. I like total access in my games. By the way...if you plan on calling people names, please spell it right to avoid looking STUPID yourself.

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

The posts do prove that majority are waiting.

But there were so many betas and so many new games that came out during this time.

Going forward for pre-orders like diablo III and guild wars 2, I really had fun trying and playing

1. Aion,

2. Rhode,

3. DC Universe, 

4. Forsaken World Updates

Also spent good time trying to teach Anarchy online to my kid cousin brother. 

Weirdly enough when I see people are talking about getting bored with mmos, I want to ask them, did they get bored before consuming the whole content or they just got bored by playing a few levels of most of the mmos.

Nowadays,

This business of too much and too many along with the F2P option just makes an mmo so temporary.

The mmo's are suffering not only from population but also very social games built to support huge number of players are getting filled with ghost towns and complete lack of gamers at mid to higher levels.

The mass production of this mmo industry might someday make more live games available than live gamers to play them.

I would blame repeatative grind games and incomplete F2P games with no end games and only surviving on updates for this too many choices and boredom through too many switch over in this mmo world.

I still remember the days in AO (Anarchy Online) and the fun.

From then onwards the mmo world changed.

I regret the effort from the developers in making great games which just in time turned into a vacant area with ghost towns and an everlasting effort to grow a player base.

Nowadays I even find people worried about investing time on an mmo.

Most item shop games are played very carefully and the system analysed before even finding enough levels to really gauge the P2Win scenarion of the game.

It was never how many games one could play and log into but it was more like how many games one could complete and reach the end game if at all there is one.

The development of mmos did show lack of care and lack of depth.

How many games are there which have detailed chararcter creation like AO (Anarchy Online) or role playing elements like D&D, Daoc ?

But the industry is producing games at a rapid pace and the latest systems and huge effort in making mmos more user friendly is raising the expectations of the mmo players by leaps and bounds.

Technically speaking if we go back we find in the year 2000, two mmos launched and one was more successful than the other but both did have a populated game world and really immersing mmo experience. In the year 2010,  mmos launched and died and was never heard of again.

This surely is not only a wait in our part, the gamers but also a wait in the part of the developers too.

Both the sides of the coin is waiting or wasting time in half hearted effort in either playing or making the games.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Load up some old some chums from school, hit heroengine.com sign-up for a free account and make your own little MMO

If you don't get far at least you made the journey until a better MMO comes along.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

With my PC games, I can go back to an older title and replay them, sometimes with mods to greatly alter the basic game and making it essentially a new experience.  Some totally change them, such as Star Wars "First Strike," which changes BF2142 into a Star Wars game, complete with new uniforms, weapons, sounds, vehicles (air/ground/space), and maps.

That's the flexibility of PC gaming for you.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Read. 

Originally posted by LadyNoh

Heh is thread is a great commentary on the state of the MMO Genre right now. The vast majority of us are quite literally, waiting.

Are we even sure about what we are waiting for?  I know GW2 is not for me, and D3 is not a MMO... TSW is Funcom, and WoD is years away.   Oh well back to my very modded Skyrim.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

I go outside and throw rocks at cars and through windows.

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by ElderRat

Originally posted by LadyNoh

Heh is thread is a great commentary on the state of the MMO Genre right now. The vast majority of us are quite literally, waiting.

Are we even sure about what we are waiting for?  I know GW2 is not for me, and D3 is not a MMO... TSW is Funcom, and WoD is years away.   Oh well back to my very modded Skyrim.

one of the things GW2 is missing is really just raiding otherwise seems like it wil be a good game and hey NO monthly fees

thats a good selling point if you ask me.

i took a look at D3 and it doesn't seem all that interesting and the RMAH seems like sort of a bad idea because what you have to pay real money to list items and if they sell blizzard gets a cut or most of the profit you would get from any items sold and then there are the gold farmers who will just about take over the games economy lol.

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

I started playing Dragon Nest!

It's a fun free little game..................who knew? image

Joined - July 2004

• GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

Read a book?

• troublmakertroublmaker Member Posts: 337

It's really hard for me to get 'bored' of a game because as a 'hardcore' gamer I'll consume a game in under three days, an MMO might last me a week.

But when I get bored of gaming at all I fill that void in with... being social.

I think a big part of why playing other games and watching TV doesn't really work is because gaming these days will fulfill a part of your social need as a human being.

So if I'm getting bored of just sitting home all day and playing games, I just go out and hang out with friends.

Right now I'm playing Tropico 4 Modern Times, Skyrim, Dragon Warrior 3 (for the NES!), Wargame: European Escalation, Age of Conan, Starcraft 2, and Anno 2070.  i think I can play all of these games kind of casually to the point where I'm not feeling stale because of only playing one genre (RPG or MMORPG).

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

Originally posted by GeeTeeEffOh

Read a book?

Seems like a lot of folks have played the shit out games they know nothing else.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!

Originally posted by Loke666

Either I get somthing new, play some pen and paper roleplaying with friends or go down to the pub for a few pints of guiness...

OLE SKOOL

Originally posted by StoneRoses

Originally posted by GeeTeeEffOh

Read a book?

Seems like a lot of folks have played the shit out games they know nothing else.

I was actually thinking about picking up Game of Thrones again tomorrow