Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard's Titan going F2P?

2»

Comments

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by zephermarkus

Originally posted by Redon1973

http://www.develop-online.net/news/39915/New-Blizzard-game-to-be-free-to-play

So, is Titan going to be free? That would be enough to plant Blizzard on top of the MMO heap for the forseeable future...... probably force SWTOR to follow suit.

Um no just shows that blizzard knows they are loseing subs and fans by the minute cause they keep ruining their own games!

diablo 3 fail

wow past vanilla fail

starcraft 2 fail

hmmmmmmmmmm.....Failing companies always go f2p!

Millions of blizzard fanboys commited suicide upon this news.

BABABABAHAHABAHABAHABAH I love it blizzard death is coming finally they deserve it for fucking up my favorite games the old blizzard team that made the good games is long gone anyway to better games.

Starcraft 2, yeah, big fail that game was....

And how can one call Diablo 3 fail, considering it hasn't released yet.  Who knows, it might be.  But it hasn't released.

If one looks at the bankroll of Blizzard, I really don't think you could call them a "failing" company.

They own the (for better or worse) biggest MMO out there.  Nobody else even comes close.  They make more money off WoW before 6am than most companies make for an entire month.  They have one of (if not the) largest groups of co-op/multiplayer gaming playform around in bnet.

You don't have to love Blizzard.  (I for one hated WoW)  Yet they do what they do, and they do it better than their competition.

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

There is no mention about Titan directly, they can be referring to some other game. But, anyway Titan project is at least few years away, I dont think it will come in near future. We all now how methodical Blizzard can be in making games and that is a good thing.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Originally posted by zephermarkus

So, is Titan going to be free? That would be enough to plant Blizzard on top of the MMO heap for the forseeable future...... probably force SWTOR to follow suit.

Um no just shows that blizzard knows they are loseing subs and fans by the minute cause they keep ruining their own games!

diablo 3 fail

wow past vanilla fail

starcraft 2 fail

hmmmmmmmmmm.....Failing companies always go f2p!

Millions of blizzard fanboys commited suicide upon this news.

BABABABAHAHABAHABAHABAH I love it blizzard death is coming finally they deserve it for fucking up my favorite games the old blizzard team that made the good games is long gone anyway to better games.

yah WOW past Vanilla sure has failed, last I checked 12 mil subs during WOTLK, thats hardly a failure, just cause you dont like the way a game plays (hey I didnt either) but I sure would love to fail like that

same for Diablo 3 and SC2 sure would love to fail like that and make 50+mil off each of my failures

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Smikis

blizards dota is f2p, nothing is even known about titan yet..  people atleast should get facts straight instead of spouting even more rumous

This.

Besides I personally don't care what Titan model's will be. I doubt I will play it anyway looking at what design choices Blizzard is making with their recent games.  

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , the game is barely in production and people are asking if it's F2P?   Epic Fail. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by zakiyawow

I doubt Blizzard only have one or two games in development

Agreed, knowing Blizzard I would guess that they also work on Wow 2 now. 

SOE have moved all their g'fututre releases to be F2P, but the question is if blizzard think the same way.

Another possibility is that they might make it B2P, particularly if gW2 gets in a lot of money to prove the model with MMOs.

But just being F2P is not enough anyways, or LOTRO would be larger than Wow now. The game have a lot more to prove than how you pay for it. It seems that many people assume that Titan will do as well as Wow but I think that is a misstake.

Let´s wait until we hear more...

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

I think with SC2 he was disappointed that it wasn't the big innovator the original SC was.  Since really, it basically was a 10 year old game slightly updated.  But, when you like games like Starcraft, there's precious little to improve upon.

The fanbase of Starcraft wanted SC2 to basically be SC with a few deviations.  They got that.  And it's a good polished product.

• vojkan95vojkan95 Member Posts: 104

i don't belive in Titan ! 

• OpinicusOpinicus Member UncommonPosts: 34

Originally posted by SuprGamerX

Heh , the game is barely in production and people are asking if it's F2P?   Epic Fail. 

I remember reading a while back that Blizz said they were playing Titan and it was fun. I don't have the source. Maybe it was at blizzcon or before that.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

more likely in your head.

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

I have the feeling that Titan is going to be a WoW-reskin lol

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

This doesnt mean WoW will be F2P though, its to much of a gravy train to stop being P2P.

But it does sound interesting, but only time will tell.

By that I mean, what kinda cash shop will it have.