Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what game, besides WoW, has small group arenas?

JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

title says it all. what game has ranked, mall group arenas like WoW?

Comments

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

You'll have to wait a few months, but GW2 will have structured PvP, including 1v1, 3v3, 5v5, 10v10, etc. And I do believe there will be a ranked option.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i was just thinking about WoW's arenas, and found myself wandering what other games had the same feature.  i  just couldn't come up with any.

WoW can't be the only existing game with arenas......is it?

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    moba games :) And blizz did say they will place something similar in d3
  • KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

DotA / HoN / LoL is based around small teams of up to 5.  Some maps cater to smaller teams.

Super Monday Night Combat is like that but third person shooter.

Bloodline Champions goes to 5.  BLC is probably the closest thing to a true 'arena' because it's all about fighting the other players.  No bases, creeps, etc.

Other than that, not really anything notable.

just bumping this to see if anyone knows any other mmorpgs with arenas in them.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

GW1 had small team arena's before WoW did. Some people believe that that was the reason they added arena's to WoW, Too many players in general chat talking about how GW had better PvP. Arena's and the point reward system seemed almost a direct rip off of GW at first. I dont think that GW was the first to have small team arena's though. But seeing as how these 2 games were released around the same time, there were alot of comparison's made between them over which was better.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    GW
    Countless mobas

Really its utterly pointless paying a mmo sub if e"sports" is your thing.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

WoW added the idea a while after GW released and frankly do GW it better. 

It is still the best game for competetive arenas, try it.

Originally posted by ShakyMo

GW

Countless mobas

Really its utterly pointless paying a mmo sub if e"sports" is your thing.

i wouldn't say pointless. i had a lot of fun in WoW arenas with my RL friends. BGs were always fun when you wanted to que up for some quick pvp and you are by yourself, but arenas was something a little more challenging that you could do with 1 or 2 of your friends when ever they logged on.

i really dont like MOBA games that much. can't really get into them. oh well, it was just a thought, gonna wait for GW2 to get my fix again.

• FlipTheFrogFlipTheFrog Member Posts: 23

LotRO has an entire PVP area

+ there are some contests that are small area (like the beer fight), but I can't think of any MMO that really has something that's exactly like it

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

Lineage 2 i guess