Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you play while waiting?

Comments

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by Arakane

As someone not waiting for GW-2,nor the least bit interested in it, I am quite content in STO.

So you decided to post here because?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

A little WoW here and there.. some steam games...

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Currently reliving my life as a super heroe in DCUO, still wonering why i left the game, as i am enjoying the combat and the scenes very much.

That, and my weekly night of Pen and Paper AD&D (old fashioned 2nd edition)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DarknezzzzDarknezzzz Member Posts: 82

Actually trying to find something time-consuming so I could play. After a year break really want to try WoW while listening to some certain music, but then I wake up and realise that this will never happen again. The same with SWToR. 

Playing Red Alert 2, some Minecraft, LoL aaaand that's pretty much it.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I started GW1 for the HoM points or whatever it's called. Now I know why they are making GW2, GW1 is terrible! lol I played it when it first came out and now I know why I quit.  GW fans I'm not trolling you, it's just how I feel, I am level 10 in Factions and it is quite a grinder. :D

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Skyrim-Drakensang online-Darkfall.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

let see.. Skyrim, Tera beta.. The Unhidden Globe beta(you figure it out), D3 beta, ticked off that I have to boycott ME3 and will not play it, Kingdom of Amalur, some Star Trek online, remembered why i didn't like DDO, got annoyed that my vindictus chars are gone so I didnt play that... hrm now I am playing Dungeon Siege III even tho I didn't like the demo I played but its better now and I am liking it which Im happy about since its a great series. Almost forgot... and a few months of GW1 to get my 30 points, I still log in weekly for Nick and if ppl need help but I am fine stopping at 33 points.

basically... I am playing anything and everything =P

oh whoever said Civ V... EWWWWW Civ IV is so much better :)

• NexfuryNexfury Member UncommonPosts: 9

I'm playing a lot of DCUO while waiting for GW2. Its a break from the traditional MMO and doesn't really require much of a time sync to feel like I am progressing. 

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Diablo 3 and DOTA 2, but mostly Diablo 3.  Some Tera here and there.  I will play Tera at launch up till D3 launch then likely suspend sub and dump 99% of my gaming time into Diablo 3.  I will probably do this until GW2 and then mix them up.  With these two games I don'e see how I will play a cookie cutter MMO or pay a sub for years.  WoD prove me wrong.

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

LoTRO, some SWTOR, some Xsyon. Will be heavy D3 when it comes out until GW2 comes out, then heavy it until TSW comes out. 

After that my main will be TSW with sidelines in GW2 and D3 (unless it sucks - if it does back to Xyson for my 3rd).

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• RaijukinRaijukin Member Posts: 63

Currently I am passing the time by playing...

DCUO : I bought all the download content and a few months later im still interested in making alts and still have NOT got through all the content..combat is fun.. even though the quest are like 10 here 20 there, every 3 or 4 quest there is a small story line instance where you get to kick a major bad guys butt.. the combat makes it so (at least for me) that Kill 10 / 20 here and there is not a problem cause it go by so fast you just feel like your running around the city kicking butt and helping heroes AND there is world pvp.. so lets not forget the fun and adrenaline rush of high levels chasing you or running into a group of "real" villians...OH and did i mention its FREE!!! yeah thats right.. cant go wrong with that one.

Battlefield Free4Play : This game has had its up and downs with weapon balances but right now it feels pretty solid they fixed a few things and once again I am enjoying this FREE to play game. Starting to feel a lot like battlefield 2 but with more people and different progression. A must try for a FREE to play game.

JK3 Jedi Academy - Movie Battles II mod: You want a game with saber combat where you get to control your swings and blocks? Do you want to be able to force pull a gun from an enemies hand, force spreed up to him and slice him down?.. Or force grip a rebel soldier or jedi and throw him off a ledge? fight 1 or a group of sith (played by real people) in an epic jedi battle? Or do you want to be a mandalorian with a jetpack flying across the map blasting enemies? Want to be a wookie and beat the crap out of people with your bare hands? Or blast them in the face with a bowcaster? How about a Droid Deka and roll around blasting enemies left and right? Or a bounty hunter waiting to sniper somone coming down a hall or looking to throw a thermal detonator into a group of unsuspecting victims? There is even melee combat...Would you like to do all that in either first person shooter mode or 3rd person over the shoulder view? You can even create your own build for each class because you get points that you can spend on force powers or skills that can be used in combat..whatever it is.. This game has it and its ALL online..

I have played this game for years... I always end up coming back..the replay value is off the charts I think :)

They have videos and trailers on the website. The first 2 videoes are the most recent version.. the other videos are of the older version of the mod but it still shows some great footage :D

http://www.moviebattles.com/

Shadow Era TCG: This game is a free browser based trading card game...I play MTG online so wanted to give this a try.. at first I didnt feel much for it.. but as i played more it grew on me....ALOT.. I spend a few hours easily playing this now..They have an option to Earn crystals (shadow era game currency) or you can buy them.. OR you can use gold to by cards which you earn from just dueling players or the computer..attacks and spells have animations.. and its available for the Ipad or Iphone. Great game over all and they just added new cards.

League Of Legends: We all know this by now haha at first I didnt like it but thats because I was new to that type of game style.. Now im enjoying it and the gameplay is fun.

Heroes of Newerth is a bit like LoL but with its one twist.. worth checking out. I actually play them both cause they both offering a different feel to the gameplay. and graphics are different for both

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Downloading League of Legends to try that out. Still have The Witcher 2 to complete and Dragon Age Origins (CompleteEdition). So I have some games to hold me over until GW2, but I can't get myself to play them these days, because they are not GW2. image

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Some PvP in GW (mostly randoms), Aion extremely casual and Dungeon Defenders. Depending on when it releases I will play Torchlight 2 as well.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by AI724

Originally posted by TheTrueKing

After I left Rift over a year ago I've been wandering the gaming world not finding much to satisfy my needs.  Sadly I see everything compared to GW2 and it leaves me in utter disappointment because nothing is living up to even half the promises that GW2 is presenting.

I dabble in League of Legends.  I log into ALLODS every once in a while just to get bored out of my mind because of the hum drum linear quest lines that I have done atleast 20 different times with all the other characters I've created.  I've literally went down the list here at MMORPG from highest rated games down and tried to find some form of lasting game play to get me through until GW2 post pre purchase betas...   Its like someone is force feeding me the same cookie with a different name and slightly different skins. 

Spending a lot of my time studying the WvW maps and plotting tactics for my guild. Over viewing the multitude of video reviews and planning my new computer build for GW2.  Aside from that NETFLIX has become my only relief...

HELP ME ANET!!! You are my only hope!!   I need a MMO worth playing for more then 2-3 months...

Wow! You should play other type of games like TotalWar 2!  I find many other games entertaining as well. I'm playing BF3 and GW1(grinding titles), TotalWar 2, some Skyrim, Dragon age etc, jumping back and forth and never really beat any of them lol. But still, I like all of these games and find them fun to play whenever I feel like. Never find myself bored or anything like that while waiting for GW2

That is what is bad about being a full time gamer,  I've played them all and beat them all. Have stacked on my desk a number of XBOX 360 games as well that have been run thru over and over again.   My MW3 I have approx. 10 gold guns so that says I've played my fair share of MW3,  Beat the BF3 camp. but prefer the arena style of CoD over BF3. 

After making two characters in Skyrim found myself again kind of dulled to sleep spending most of my time on mountain tops or just drooling over awesome vistas but that only gets me so far.    Can't stand GW1  and I have about 15 characters in WoW all around level 15-20, game is just so dumbed down simple compared to games like RIFT that they easily lose my interest.

I literally have played nearly everything to death or it simply isn't worth playing.   I wasn't drawn to even test SwoTor or Tera because of some of the major reviews I knew I wouldn't be interested.  Although I am a huge Starwars fan just doesn't interest me when I know something like GW2 is coming.

I prefer MMO's and the gaming industry is ready for a renovation and change can't wait for it.

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

I like to play games that others don't really play.  I like to collect PS2 games a lot and play them, I grew up with the PS2 so I love to go back and play great PS2 games that I missed out on when I was growing up.  I am currently playing Onimusha 3.  I am also playing Ninja Gaiden Black, am working on Very Hard difficulty, then will be working on Master Ninja...God help me. 

I play Killing Floor on Steam a lot with friends too.  Zelda Skyward Sword is on my list too.  I love Gears of War 3 also.  But yeah...just waiting for Torchlight 2 and GW2...they need to hurry up and release already!

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

No MMORPGs for me at the moment.  Presently I'm playing single player RPGs like SWTOR and Torchlight.  I also play a fair amount of casual games like Puzzle Quest and adventure games like Myst III Exile.  I'll probably end up giving in and playing Diablo III when it comes out since it will be out before Torchlight 2 which I really PREFER.  I'm fairly sure that once GW2 comes out....everything else will go on the back burner, including cooking, cleaning, and proper hygiene (I'll TRY to at least keep that one up).

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• LazureusLazureus Member Posts: 26

For my part, I have started doing something I have never really doing before: casual and indie gaming! Trine, Terraria, Age of Empire on-line, Gotham City Imposter, angry birds :P  it is quite a change from the Skyrim, BF3, Mass Effect and other bigger budget games.

Last MMO I played was SWTOR and, like alot of people I people, got tired at Ilum. Game was good has a continuasion of KotOR and I enjoyed to narrative but for me it wasn't realy MMO, more like a single player with other people around and you eventualy reach the "end". Also resub to Rift and EVE but got bored again.

I will most likely play Tera while waiting for GW2, I was in the last beta ans even if the questing/story is very generic I did find the combat entertaining enough that it could make me enjoying it for a time.

Other then that.. I don't know, redo Dark Soul with NG+ ? Redo Skyrim? or redo all 3 mass effect has Femshep just for fun? Actualy things are very bleak right now... It seems I can't find something that can hold my interest these days. Also tried LoL, it is very fun but god damn the communauty is awful!

So yhea, the plan right now is Casual games --> redo good older games --> pass time in Tera --> Diablo 3 and finally --> GW2

(I try to keep my expectation at a medium to be sure not to get burned like I did over the, oh, 7 last MMO I played... but I will be honest, it is kinda the only game on the horizon I am awaiting anxiously and bother reading news and tweet about).

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

id love to play some DOta 2 if anyone happens to have a spare key =)

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

Why did this thread get moved if it is so CLEARLY about Guild wars 2???  

"Easy question..what do you play while waiting for GW2?"   Seriously wth... 

THIS is what I'm doing WAITING FOR GUILD WARS 2!!!    what are the moderators doing?  this obviously.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by just1opinion

No MMORPGs for me at the moment.  Presently I'm playing single player RPGs like SWTOR and Torchlight.  I also play a fair amount of casual games like Puzzle Quest and adventure games like Myst III Exile.  I'll probably end up giving in and playing Diablo III when it comes out since it will be out before Torchlight 2 which I really PREFER.  I'm fairly sure that once GW2 comes out....everything else will go on the back burner, including cooking, cleaning, and proper hygiene (I'll TRY to at least keep that one up).

Hehe, did you mean single player RPGs like SWTOR as a joke? lol Well it has turned into a single player MMORPG

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Currently?

Supreme Commander and Tribes:Ascend, waiting for Legend of Grimrock so I can add it to the list as well, probably will do a re play of Witcher 2 once the enhanced edition patch comes out. 

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by ariboersma

let see.. Skyrim, Tera beta.. The Unhidden Globe beta(you figure it out), D3 beta, ticked off that I have to boycott ME3 and will not play it, Kingdom of Amalur, some Star Trek online, remembered why i didn't like DDO, got annoyed that my vindictus chars are gone so I didnt play that... hrm now I am playing Dungeon Siege III even tho I didn't like the demo I played but its better now and I am liking it which Im happy about since its a great series. Almost forgot... and a few months of GW1 to get my 30 points, I still log in weekly for Nick and if ppl need help but I am fine stopping at 33 points.

basically... I am playing anything and everything =P

oh whoever said Civ V... EWWWWW Civ IV is so much better :)

That would be me :D I love Civ IV but I recently got Civ V when it was 75% off steam so I decided to give that a try :D So far it looks pretty but I don't think I will like it as it's lacking so many features and ther are very few mods! And no one plays multi -_- Civ V is definitely not worth the full price.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• FlipTheFrogFlipTheFrog Member Posts: 23

I always come back to playing Lord of the Rings Online whenever there's nothing else I need to play right now :)

I love that game just so much :)

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

path of exile

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I tend to hop around right now, but ones I usually frequent more often are Lotro, Rift, WoW and right now I'm back to Aoc actually having some fun on the PVE server.  Much more relaxing and less vitriol in chat on the Wiccana server then the PVP servers.