Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

they closed a server this week?

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm!did they close a server ?o think so !

kind of funny they have to add server to lineage 2 and remove server on aion!

not sure but i think l2 has more server then aion !and huge amount more player too !

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

if you are talking about NA servers then of course nobody is playing. EU Aion is free. everyone is either playing on EU servers or waiting for NA to go F2P.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

oh!ok!ty for feed back!

• AlexlongwellAlexlongwell Member UncommonPosts: 23

this is false, they merged two servers zikel and vaizel. this happened because zikel had a lower pop then all the other server for both faction and probably would have had a hard time experiencing the new content in 3.0. I was at a siege last night where it was a sea of red, and the server is now very very healthy. Also they will most likely now use the zikel server to open a new one when f2p launches or shortly after, giving new and old players the chance to start from scratch on an equal basis( i doubt only 1 server will be added)

Also most EU is playing on NA servers as GF sucks

• NortonGBNortonGB Member UncommonPosts: 279

Originally posted by alexl22

this is false, they merged two servers zikel and vaizel. this happened because zikel had a lower pop then all the other server for both faction and probably would have had a hard time experiencing the new content in 3.0. I was at a siege last night where it was a sea of red, and the server is now very very healthy. Also they will most likely now use the zikel server to open a new one when f2p launches or shortly after, giving new and old players the chance to start from scratch on an equal basis( i doubt only 1 server will be added)

Also most EU is playing on NA servers as GF sucks

Is the NA down to only 3 servers? last evening EU had 30k + online with 10 servers, there is only capacity for 15k on NA Aion.

Perhaps they will have some extra reserve servers spinning that they can bring live very quickly!

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

Aion deserves a better population with its F2P model releasing on 11th April.

It should offer the new "FROOB" player base a new beginning and some time for a new economy to form.

My question is :-

Why are they not going for the new server along with the launch of "TRULY FREE" model ?

It is always better to start a game from scratch and try and gain some new players and returning players who would like a fresh start for all the content updates it is going to offer in its new "TRULY FREE" model.

On the contrary :-

With the old servers and the economy in millions might just make them lose new players when post level 35 the quests start offering low kinah and the game starts looking hard and grinding.

With aion and its trial account till 40, I have seen my level 20ish character makes more kinah playing 3-4 hours and doing way more number of quests than my level 37 does playing the same time. The higher level quests are way difficult and time consuming but those are also offering low kinah.

A new server will get rid of craft material horders and put the auction house to a strict demand and supply. New players will also have the interest on crafting with the crafted items fetching the deserved reward for the effort put in.

Note: "I dislike the auction house where you lack the option of selling to bidders with a click". The game here and many other areas looks outdated. I hope there is update to these kinds of outdated system too.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Theres really not a good reason to play on the current servers if you re new, unless you decide to stick to pve only.

Just about anyone who you encounter in the abyss is twinked out.  You can tell whos twinked and who isnt based on if they run when you approach or if they engage.

I actually had some fond memories of launch and abyss encounters, before the seiges prooved too laggy to play.  So far on my free stint in the game any encounter in the abyss i just learn there isnt a real point to fighting back.  Its not that i lose its just that any attack i throw at the other person is resisted and i go down in 3 shots.

With that said, as much as i want to get to endgame and gear up before participating in pvp im starting to lose intrest faster this time around than i did at launch.

And yes they merged a dead server with a medium pop server.  I would gather the most populated server is israphel, its  where the international f2p gaming community is flocking. I fear when the game goes full f2p and these people start using chat its going to ruin what little community i see left in chat, given its going to be chock full of non-english banter.

Anyway, without opening  up a new server, be prepared for a long trip to endgame with no hopes of a decent pvp match or encounter.  I wonder if they ever fixed the insane lag and crashes during seiges.

• Marchosias31Marchosias31 Member Posts: 83

Guys cmon for fks sake...geeez

All you have to do is go to the official site and read the forums. Or look around here a bit. And stop talking out of your azzes about things you have no idea about.

YES THERE WILL BE A NEW SERVER AT LAUNCH..................

AGAIN FOR THE SLOWER PEOPLE...

YES THERE WILL BE A NEW SERVER AT LAUNCH...

Ok we straight now?

Whatever happened to the IN BIOWARE WE TRUST signatures?

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Originally posted by Marchosias31

Guys cmon for fks sake...geeez

All you have to do is go to the official site and read the forums. Or look around here a bit. And stop talking out of your azzes about things you have no idea about.

YES THERE WILL BE A NEW SERVER AT LAUNCH..................

AGAIN FOR THE SLOWER PEOPLE...

YES THERE WILL BE A NEW SERVER AT LAUNCH...

Ok we straight now?

Does this mean they stop chargning my credit card in April?  (because I got charged in March still)... just wondering

and yes, by reading the official server forums, Vaizel/Zikel still has people doing stuff on it, pvp too,  I will see for myself when I get home next week and can relax and play for awhile.  Here's hoping for a free April!

• AlexlongwellAlexlongwell Member UncommonPosts: 23

Today after maint. all accounts in good standing will be converted to f2p account, thats everyone who has an account that isnt banned(active/inactive/trial accounts as well). Billing stops today and if you have any unused gametime it will be converted to NCcoins 1 day=40 coints. There will be a new server Kehrun(sp) open today for name and character creation but not playable till the 11th when the 3.0 update happens. They also have 6 new servers waiting to be opened if need be.

Today after maint. all accounts in good standing will be converted to f2p account, thats everyone who has an account that isnt banned(active/inactive/trial accounts as well). Billing stops today and if you have any unused gametime it will be converted to NCcoins 1 day=40 coints. There will be a new server Kehrun(sp) open today for name and character creation but not playable till the 11th when the 3.0 update happens. They also have 6 new servers waiting to be opened if need be.

Yeah, NC sent me this email today, and it goes a little something like this:

"Thank you for your support of Aion(R) over the years.

With the release of Aion: Ascension TM, we have evolved from a subscription model to the Truly Free model.

Your account subscription type has been changed from Standard to Truly Free. All current, future, or recurring subscription billing has been stopped.

Any remaining game time on your account will be converted into NCoin TM at a rate of 40 NCoin per remaining day for which you had already paid. NCoin can be used to buy items from the new Black Cloud Marketplace TM online store at http://store.aiononline.com. Purchasing store items is completely optional. ""    ""

lol

NC pro-rated me 560 NCoin to spend for the lag between f2p and p2p... lol