Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just ordered a gtx 680

CaponestyleCaponestyle Member UncommonPosts: 112

I just ordered a gtx 680 by EVGA and i cant wait! hopefully itl arrive before guildwars 2 so i can see it in all of its glory!!! thats all

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I think I'm better off with my 7970s (more vram) because of my triple 30" monitor setup.  I'm sure yours will run games faster at a tiny (by comparison) resolution :)

• CaponestyleCaponestyle Member UncommonPosts: 112

if you have 7970ags as  in multiple im sure you have my 1 gtx 680 beat. otherwise from benchmarks ive seen the gtx 680 has has a slight advantage in yMOST games for multi monitor display. Im not running multi monitor tho ill be hooking it up to my 47 in panasonic THX plasma tv

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Aw MAN you are so damn cool, so lucky, Man how good it must be to be you to buy overpriced, just released graphics cards.

While i must be a level headed person and figure my money better spent when i can get the same results for cheaper.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Originally posted by Caponestyle

if you have 7970ags as  in multiple im sure you have my 1 gtx 680 beat. otherwise from benchmarks ive seen the gtx 680 has has a slight advantage in yMOST games for multi monitor display. Im not running multi monitor tho ill be hooking it up to my 47 in panasonic THX plasma tv

Right, the GTX 680 really beats any other single GPU card.  It does well in multi monitor setups as well.  However, at the most extreme end of things, I think the extra gig of vram on a 7970 can be a deciding factor between a game running well, and a game not running.

Also, 1080p on 47 inch tv?  Sounds stretched and bad color gamut :P  A 22-24 inch monitor would look better in terms of pixel density and color.  It wouldn't look as impressive though to people who didn't know any better though :)

• CaponestyleCaponestyle Member UncommonPosts: 112

lol its not overpriced , it was only 519.99 which is pretty inexpensive for the best graphics card in the world. i know you wish you were  cool as me. that probly wont ever happen , But im sure youl be richer then me as i spent most of my paycheck on this thing lol  hey i work part time ok... :P

This discussion has been closed.