Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

damnit jim, its dead

and theres no bringing it back.

with thq and vigil tanking so bad its been reduced to space marine dark millenium.

the mmo is gone, its just gonna be a space marine sequel now, fine for a few hours of play im sure, but we really wanted a massive 40k mmo and now theres no shot at that.  i feel like going out and killing every fat kid i see now im so upset.

Comments

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by neorandom

and theres no bringing it back.

with thq and vigil tanking so bad its been reduced to space marine dark millenium.

the mmo is gone, its just gonna be a space marine sequel now, fine for a few hours of play im sure, but we really wanted a massive 40k mmo and now theres no shot at that.  i feel like going out and killing every fat kid i see now im so upset.

it's a sad day. i was looking forward to that as an mmo. now i have zero interest in it. :( another blow to the warhammer franchise.

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by headphones

it's a sad day. i was looking forward to that as an mmo. now i have zero interest in it. :( another blow to the warhammer franchise.

Yes another blow :( Still love Warhammer though :)

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• TartletonTartleton Member Posts: 37

On the plus side it won't be a collosal sucking  MMO failure. That would be worse for the franchise. 

On the other hand there's still hope for the future. They might revisit the idea and do it properly. Lets be honest, this was not going to turn out as anything other than a half assed attempt. The full 40k  experience is the king of IP you can reshape the genre with. Like Warcraft did. 

40k is about post human zealots, disturbing demons, and bizarre aliens committing acts of obscene violence, gratuitous carnage, and perverse depravity in a war torn space setting. Anything short of that is a neutered half assed attempt for kids. M is the minimum. Warhammer Fantasy they got down to a T rating, and I think that was a mistake. It's the sort of place you kill your enemy, hack him apart, and wear his skin as a trophy. Warhammer 40k is kind of funny, but it's like someone being tortured in an over the top way funny. Its not haha funny.

You look like this guy. It makes Twisted Metal Black look kid friendly.

• McCraggeMcCragge Member Posts: 31

Is there anyway this can be confirmed? I mean I have really been looking forward to this since I saw the kick ass trailer for it. And now I keep hearing both cancelled and not cancelled. Ugh, very frustrating, it would be nice to have a Sci Fi MMO, something to compete against WoW at least.

McCragge